Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013 | 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by steelfire19
Replaced timing chain on the X under warranty and ordered 3k in parts. Should get them in a week or so.
I thought you were going to keep that thing somewhat stock for the wife? What all did you get?
Old Feb 13, 2013 | 08:28 PM

Itll still be somewhat stock. I ordered a full exhaust from the downpipe back, and intake and meth kit. So should beright aaround 330whp which is just perfect for me.
Old Feb 13, 2013 | 08:44 PM

Itll still be somewhat stock. I ordered a full exhaust from the downpipe back, and intake and meth kit. So should beright aaround 330whp which is just perfect for me.
What exhaust did you end up going with?
Old Feb 13, 2013 | 09:33 PM

Downpipe test pipe and exhaust is all from Ultimate Racing along with the intake. Then the meth kit is from snow performance and I also snagged a grimmspeed ebc. Should get them all installed by late February then off to the dyno in early March.
Old Feb 13, 2013 | 10:13 PM

Someone final listens to me.... sigh!!
Old Feb 13, 2013 | 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

you do realize I have 400whp with those mods. .......? well I also have the licp but still. with the Meth you'll be higher than 330 easily. Maybe 330 without the Meth depending on how tite your tune is.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Feb 14, 2013 | 01:32 PM

Yea but u drive a 9. I drive a much fatter version lol.
Old Feb 14, 2013 | 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Yea but u drive a 9. I drive a much fatter version lol.
whp is whp.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Feb 14, 2013 | 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Any updates when this dyno is going to be up and running? Gotta do some logs to get the tune done. Steel, did you end up getting a cobb ap? You guys have the own the fly map switching as well?
Old Feb 14, 2013 | 07:10 PM

Yes I got a good deal on an AP and the dyno is supposed to be delivered on the 25th but it'lltake a week or two to get it up and rrunning I'd imagine.
Old Feb 14, 2013 | 08:19 PM

Jasper you need to update your profile lol
Old Feb 14, 2013 | 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

^^Better now? Haha. Spot my car man, its in there somewhere.

Old Feb 15, 2013 | 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by TrippinKent
and now, just got stabbed in the throat for shipping :/
Have you tried ordering from STM? They offer $5 shipping to AK on most items (well, it was $3 about a year ago, but still). Another alternative, although not many options, is to enroll on Amazon Prime and order eligible stuff with free shipping. I've saved a lot on shipping (price as well), certainly more than the $80 yearly membership fee. Also there are a lot of vendors on ebay that offer free or low shipping (and on ebay I mean brand items, not the cheap stuff). Just gotta look for it. Also, for OEM stuff, I have ordered from www.oemmitsubishiparts.com and I found that for a lot of OEM stuff I get the lowest price including shipping, they are based in WA. As for fluids, I have Amsoil all around. Great oil, great for the low tempeatures, and with a $20 a year for the Preferred Customer membership, you get everything cheap. Including shipping, I've paid a lot less than actually buying Amsoil stuff from either Napa or the other store that I forgot the name in Fairbanks. There's a trick though, order to ship to their Portland warehouse, and on the instructions put your mailing address. Fairly cheap shipping prices. Just some tips.
Old Feb 15, 2013 | 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by danelefren
Have you tried ordering from STM? They offer $5 shipping to AK on most items (well, it was $3 about a year ago, but still). Another alternative, although not many options, is to enroll on Amazon Prime and order eligible stuff with free shipping. I've saved a lot on shipping (price as well), certainly more than the $80 yearly membership fee. Also there are a lot of vendors on ebay that offer free or low shipping (and on ebay I mean brand items, not the cheap stuff). Just gotta look for it. Also, for OEM stuff, I have ordered from www.oemmitsubishiparts.com and I found that for a lot of OEM stuff I get the lowest price including shipping, they are based in WA. As for fluids, I have Amsoil all around. Great oil, great for the low tempeatures, and with a $20 a year for the Preferred Customer membership, you get everything cheap. Including shipping, I've paid a lot less than actually buying Amsoil stuff from either Napa or the other store that I forgot the name in Fairbanks. There's a trick though, order to ship to their Portland warehouse, and on the instructions put your mailing address. Fairly cheap shipping prices. Just some tips.
Ok, awesome. Thanks man.
Old Feb 15, 2013 | 12:04 PM

Just got some goodies in the mail from Ultimate Racing!

Quick Reply: Alaska