Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013 | 01:11 AM

Saw a silver 8 in Fairbanks on Wednesday driving on Airport way. Anybody here (besides bsphillips)?
Old May 3, 2013 | 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by danelefren
Saw a silver 8 in Fairbanks on Wednesday driving on Airport way. Anybody here (besides bsphillips)?
If it was missing the driver side skirt with stock tail lights and tiny side mirrors it was a guy that just recently moved here from Texas.
Old May 3, 2013 | 02:28 AM

After 45 days on backorder my Wiseco pistons FINALLY made it to my front door today. It hasn't been a pleasant month and a half wait but this pretty much sums up how I felt.

Old May 3, 2013 | 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by bsphillips
After 45 days on backorder my Wiseco pistons FINALLY made it to my front door today. It hasn't been a pleasant month and a half wait but this pretty much sums up how I felt.

Damn, 45 days on back order! Now everything is coming together! About the silver 8, didn't notice anything of that because for some reason I happened to look to the right on Gillam Way (I think) and he was the second car waiting in that light. The only thing I noticed (besides it was an 8), rims other that stock and a 3-gauge pillar pod. Might have been the guy from Texas.
Old May 3, 2013 | 12:16 PM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Air Force

Thoughts and opinions. Is this worth it?

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/3779519476.html
Old May 3, 2013 | 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Evo_AK
Thoughts and opinions. Is this worth it?

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/3779519476.html
I've been looking for something like that for a little project car to have fun with. Seems like a decent car but I don't think it's worth $4500. Pretty low miles for that old of a car though.
Old May 3, 2013 | 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

I've been looking for something like that for a little project car to have fun with. Seems like a decent car but I don't think it's worth $4500. Pretty low miles for that old of a car though.
That's the only thing that throws me off, is the price. But that can always change during negotiation.
Old May 3, 2013 | 02:00 PM

That's the only thing that throws me off, is the price. But that can always change during negotiation.
Definitely. Those are fun cars and very low key looks wise. Hopefully that new transmission was done right when replaced because of all the issues they had with those transmissions in that body style.
Old May 3, 2013 | 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Definitely. Those are fun cars and very low key looks wise. Hopefully that new transmission was done right when replaced because of all the issues they had with those transmissions in that body style.
I'll probably check it out if it's still available when I return from deployment and see what's up.
Old May 3, 2013 | 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

UPS decided to hold one of my rear rims for delivery monday, sucks ***. Oh well, still waiting on my lugs anyway. Onto the pics...

boxes stacked

sticker on the box

unboxing
Old May 3, 2013 | 10:12 PM

What a lame *** tease!! Show the damn wheels already!! I thought you said it was going to be a while before you got them??
Old May 4, 2013 | 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Quote:

I'll probably check it out if it's still available when I return from deployment and see what's up.
derek at shifty's knows about the dsms I'd vouch for his work.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old May 4, 2013 | 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akeric
derek at shifty's knows about the dsms I'd vouch for his work.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Well he has someone coming to look at it today, plus another guy texting him about it. It probably won't be available when I get back next week.
Old May 4, 2013 | 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Here ya go. Volk g2. Was going a different route but opted not to buy a new set of rear tires since mine are pretty much brand new. Besides, these were in stock and no wait time. Didn't want to wait a couple of months for a set of rims.

So, does anyone know if Mike at EMC has a touchless machine? Weighing my options on where i'm getting these put on. Gonna try and stop by his shop monday and see whats up.

Old May 4, 2013 | 08:57 PM

Nah Mike doesn't have a touchless machine... stop being soo cheap and get it done at BMW! I know folks down there and your **** is going to get done right! On another note I look those alot, are you going to lower the car as well??

Quick Reply: Alaska