Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009 | 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ITS a pos
I have a set of KUMO 225/45/17's R compounds, that I got from Target on AKMS. I bought them for backup tires for tanacross. If you really need them, I will sell them to you.
so you're the bastard that bought 'em. LOL

I'm not in dire need. Now I have 3 stock Yokos....I just need a 4th.

With AWD, I'd prefer to have two tires with the same tread on each axle, so hopefully I can find at least 1 or two yokos here in town.
Old May 19, 2009 | 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

got a set of yokos. hopefully have 'em on tomorrow.

So who's all going up there this weekend?
Old May 21, 2009 | 07:15 AM

All of my parts are in!
Old May 21, 2009 | 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

If anyone's planning to go to Tanacross, me and a few others are leaving town around 5/6pm tomorrow night.

Hit me up 316-371-4082 if you wanna tag along.

GOT THE BEATUP YOKOS ON WOOT
Old May 23, 2009 | 08:44 PM

How did it go at the track? I was off on thursday through saturday and while I was off, I installed my intake, IC pipes, and TBE. My service engine light just turned on today. You think its because of the sensor in the exhaust that used to be in the cat but is now in a straight pipe? I deleted my cat. I first put on the high flow cat I had but I didn't like the sound. I also put in my four point harness and I don't know if I like them so much. Hit me up with any ideas as to why my service engine light came on.
Old May 24, 2009 | 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by ndnbennyb
How did it go at the track? I was off on thursday through saturday and while I was off, I installed my intake, IC pipes, and TBE. My service engine light just turned on today. You think its because of the sensor in the exhaust that used to be in the cat but is now in a straight pipe? I deleted my cat. I first put on the high flow cat I had but I didn't like the sound. I also put in my four point harness and I don't know if I like them so much. Hit me up with any ideas as to why my service engine light came on.
Test pipe right? If so thats why. You need to do the mechanical O2 fix.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ouler-how.html
Hope this helps.
Old May 24, 2009 | 02:05 AM

Yeah I put the test pipe on. So how do I go about doing the mechanical O2 fix? I also am going to need some help with installing my guages. My guages are going to mount on the A pillar with the triple guage pod and my guages are an AEM Tru boost guage/controller, AEM wide band O2, and an Auto Meter EGT. I also have a Walboro fuel pump with an Apexi air fuel moduel.
Old May 24, 2009 | 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by ndnbennyb
Yeah I put the test pipe on. So how do I go about doing the mechanical O2 fix? I also am going to need some help with installing my guages. My guages are going to mount on the A pillar with the triple guage pod and my guages are an AEM Tru boost guage/controller, AEM wide band O2, and an Auto Meter EGT. I also have a Walboro fuel pump with an Apexi air fuel moduel.
I'm not very mechanically inclined, hence why Underground is doing everything for me otherwise i would be down to help you out with the installs. Schucks has the spark plug non-foulers. Just need to buy two of them and stack them together to move your O2 sensor father away from the exhaust flow. Since you took off the cat, the O2 sensor is reading too much fuel in the exhaust which is causing it to throw a code. You code also disable the code via ECU, check it out in the ecu flash forums cause i dont know how to do that. You could also run a O2 simulator, i know quikevo is doing that so you could ask him for some help on that. Good luck with everything!

Here is the link for an O2 softeware patch as well
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...sim-patch.html
Old May 24, 2009 | 02:48 AM
Account Disabled

I wish i could live in Alaska with an evo! WEE!
Old May 26, 2009 | 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

you ****ers missed out on a fun weekend. holy ****, I've never beat my car up so bad in it's life.

I went off course at 108 (not fun) and ate rocks baaaaaaaaaaaad. my drivers side wheels are all beat up, my paint is rock chipped to ****, and I got dents from a couple of the rocks. my mudflaps are bent a little from scraping the ground (body roll ftl) and my driver's rear is missing a bolt from getting ripped out of the nutplate. oh and those beat up yokos? They're destroyed.

end all that...and it was the most damn fun I've ever had in my car. Hopefully someone gets the pic of me eating ****...holy crap! that run ruined all the rest of my runs the rest of the day because it spooked me the rest of my runs. I still had fun. damn. hopefully you guys make it to the next one.

WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID---

I need a stock 9 BOV. Anyone got one?
Old May 26, 2009 | 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

From: 85296, 99519, 96817,98310,07306,10461(HomeSweetHome), & 00739
Glad it was fun! With no camping gear for a family of five, I dont think I will be attending anytime soon. So I'll just settle for local autox events for the mean time Hahaha... that is if I wake up in time.
BTW, anyone has a test pipe for sale? Or a hi flow cat?
Old May 26, 2009 | 07:01 PM

Damn brother, I wish you would have asked before. I just got rid of my stock 9 bov. I could have hooked you up. I traded it for an stock 8 bov so I have one of those to get you by if you need it that bad. I didn't need mine anymore since I put my HKS one on. Hit me up man. If you have time maybe in a week or so, I will still need help Rusty. I have my guages that need to be put in as well as my short throw shifter. Alright man, take it easy and I will see you around.
Old May 26, 2009 | 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

why oh why did you trade a 9 for an 8? the 8 ones are plastic and don't hold high boost for ****! lol

nah I don't need an 8...unless you are being charitable. The 9s hold boost better and higher.

AND MY STARSPECS AND BLACK 9 WHEELS SHOWED UP WOOT
Old May 26, 2009 | 10:05 PM

Speaking of just showing up......
Attached Thumbnails Alaska-cbrdfmic.jpg  
Old May 26, 2009 | 10:19 PM

hey rusty if u want to sell the wheels hit me up bro uve got my number

Quick Reply: Alaska