Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buddlight
No not yet. Stopped by today to check it out, waiting on the fuel pump to come in and then a tune. Hopefully, by the end of this week if all goes well.
Stopped by today too, dropped some things off. You sure you getting it back next week? Haha, didn't know it was just Nick and Jeremiah. All i know is the MR2 has to go then i'm next in line, haha.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
Stopped by today too, dropped some things off. You sure you getting it back next week? Haha, didn't know it was just Nick and Jeremiah. All i know is the MR2 has to go then i'm next in line, haha.
I'm crossing my fingers! Just need the Walboro installed and a tune. Yeah, didn't know it was just the two of 'em till i dropped in. How long is it gonna take to get your stuff put in once it's you turn?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

I don't even wanna really think about it, hahaha. I'm hoping not a month like we were talking. Everything is pretty much ready to go, the motor is in the bay dangling. Nick has to connect everything together and custom some things up for my ebc location. We were talking about the tuning as well. What's your plans on your tune? Man, that place is booked till the summer ends, haha.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:38 PM

Just gonna have Nick give me a pump tune.....for now at least, race gas later if has the time. Thought about going with Mellon as well, but that would be later on down the road and only if this tune doesn't work.

What kind of EBC did you get? Probably gonna order the X map sensor so i can log and control boost via the ecu. Are you going to get a race gas tune as well?

Yeah, nick and miah are busy as ****! Prolly doesn't help with me dropping by every day to sneak a peek at the car and see if it's done. Are you gonna hit up Rustys this Sunday? Thought about going to Park Lanes on Saturday if peeps were going, but then the wife kindly reminded me that it was my kids birthday lol.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JDM IX map sensor works as well...

oh yea all you big spenders......i got a heatshield, whatcha think about that. boyeeeeeee. you guys better show up at rustys or im gona find all your cars and let the air out of your tires and keep all the valve caps. and ill do it cause im crazy.
Evolved Member

Haha, yeah they're just booked like crazy. I'm going to have Mellon give me some base tunes for either a 90 octane mixed w/VP 109 to get 93 or just a pure 109 map. Wanna try some patches i've been reading up on and maybe do the alt. map switch so i can switch my maps on the fly. If all else i may try a meth kit but really don't wanna shelve out the cash.

Naw can't make it out, my day offs are usually booked haha. Going to be heading out to seward w/the family.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:53 PM

Lame you can't make it, but have fun with the family. Dont worry AKEVOIX, i'll be headed out there, not sure if the evo is coming with me though.

Yeah that **** they're doing with the stcok ECU is nuts. They even got Buschur tuning the hell out of it now. So are you just gonna get a base tune from mellon and then fine tune it yourself? Is that you're Shearer tubular mani i saw on AKMS? If so damn son! Chit is sweet.

Last edited by Buddlight; Jun 24, 2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 04:18 PM

Saw a GG Evo on base around 1130. Looked as if he was at the Test and Tune recently. Still had the numbers on the front windscreen.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 04:54 PM

hey rusty were gona be doing a bbq correct. if so well start calling dibs on stuff to bring.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 08:33 PM

anyone runnin the kings blood(royal purple) if so, i sent a sample off today to blackstone labs. well see how ba this stuff really is.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by AKEVOIX
anyone runnin the kings blood(royal purple) if so, i sent a sample off today to blackstone labs. well see how ba this stuff really is.
I am. Interested to see how good it is.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:34 PM

hopefully ill get results in a week or so.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mobil 1 is all that's ever been in my car.

And I'll need some frozen patties, dogs, and buns.

I'll man the grill.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:56 AM

mobil 1 is for girlie men, lol i ran rotella t in the suby and it burned really well so well see how this turns out. ill keep using it if it comes back good. ive never ran royal purp before, it what was in it when i bought it.

Quick Reply: Alaska