Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009 | 07:49 PM

i had to do pt
Old Jul 6, 2009 | 10:10 PM

hey rusty what kind of clutch and pressure plate do you have and do you use the launch cont. on your car at the strip
Old Jul 6, 2009 | 10:13 PM

hey benny how does that short throw shifter feel does it come with the bushings as well
Old Jul 6, 2009 | 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Buddlight
You car should be done soon right Jspec?
Didn't you say the MR2 was still on the rack? As long as it's still there my ride will not be worked on. Haha. The MR2 has been there for 2 years now so Nick wants it out before mine.

As far as clutches go, the exedy twin is pretty good clutch. Chatters a little. Not sure on what the prices are now because i know they bumped up the price bout a year ago. If you want a push style, Quartermaster is a pretty good clutch or converting an Exedy twin or triple through AMS. I know i've read bout the clips on the Exedy's breaking off on higher hp applications.
Old Jul 6, 2009 | 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by texmex
hey benny how does that short throw shifter feel does it come with the bushings as well
I don't know how the short throw feels.... It's still in the box. But it comes with everything you need to install it. Its the adjustable one so I am sure it does....
Old Jul 6, 2009 | 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by texmex
hey rusty what kind of clutch and pressure plate do you have and do you use the launch cont. on your car at the strip
I have a Road Race Engineering "No Name Clutch." It's basically a modified ACT. It's a 3200 ft/lb pressure plate.

And no, I don't use launch control. 2-steps are for people who can't launch.
Old Jul 6, 2009 | 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
Didn't you say the MR2 was still on the rack? As long as it's still there my ride will not be worked on. Haha. The MR2 has been there for 2 years now so Nick wants it out before mine.

As far as clutches go, the exedy twin is pretty good clutch. Chatters a little. Not sure on what the prices are now because i know they bumped up the price bout a year ago. If you want a push style, Quartermaster is a pretty good clutch or converting an Exedy twin or triple through AMS. I know i've read bout the clips on the Exedy's breaking off on higher hp applications.
Good news well as of today it's off the lift. Bad news is the engine is still out. Have you thought about running the SD patch? Interests me, but it seems like a whole lot of work, that i don't understand.
Old Jul 6, 2009 | 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
I have a Road Race Engineering "No Name Clutch." It's basically a modified ACT. It's a 3200 ft/lb pressure plate.

And no, I don't use launch control. 2-steps are for people who can't launch.
So, did you pick up any good pointers from Most Wanted? Wanna see you hit 11s next week.
Old Jul 6, 2009 | 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Wanna see you hit 11s next week.
Me f*cking too.
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Good news well as of today it's off the lift. Bad news is the engine is still out. Have you thought about running the SD patch? Interests me, but it seems like a whole lot of work, that i don't understand.
Man you're over there almost every other day, haha. Just let me know if they push my car in and start working on it.

As far as tuning goes, i'm going to try a few things here and there. Going to be awhile for the tuning to be where i want it at as well. You could always just epoxy the MAF so it doesn't get sucked in. I talked w/Nick about the SD patch. He's worried w/weather changes the tune would need to be reworked.
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 10:52 PM

Only one more thing I think I'm gonna do this season, and thats ECU controlled boost. Well that and probably non- cdi COP from Sparktech. Think I need better spark.....And rear sway bars...
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 11:18 PM

So I stumbled over this and thought we should all get one and wear it to the next meet where AKICers show up

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...o-x-shirt.html
Old Jul 7, 2009 | 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

So I stumbled over this and thought we should all get one and wear it to the next meet where AKICers show up

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...o-x-shirt.html
You're a little late, Evan...

Old Jul 8, 2009 | 12:09 AM

Nice. Didnt even notice when i saw the pics earlier.
Old Jul 8, 2009 | 12:20 AM

Go Sarah Palin . .. Doh

Quick Reply: Alaska