Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/nonameclutch.htm

What I've got.

Underground for the install.
Hell, you work at Conti...don't you get a discount?
Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AKEVOIX
im gona have to get an im by nov, i plan on taking it to a place that if you fail you dont have to pay just to see if it will pass. if so ill need a cat
There is a place called "The Referee". Its kinda hard to find but I know that there, if you fail the test, you pay nothing. Like I said, I will check tomorrow to see if my old cat is there. Keep me up dated on whether or not you do the patch or just replace the cat. I will let you know if I find my cat.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by ndnbennyb
There is a place called "The Referee". Its kinda hard to find but I know that there, if you fail the test, you pay nothing. Like I said, I will check tomorrow to see if my old cat is there. Keep me up dated on whether or not you do the patch or just replace the cat. I will let you know if I find my cat.
Pretty sure you dont want to go to the "referee". That's state run and where they tear your car down to insure IM compliance.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Buddlight
Pretty sure you dont want to go to the "referee". That's state run and where they tear your car down to insure IM compliance.
Didn't know that..... Thanks for the heads up though
Old Jul 20, 2009, 11:13 PM

LOL. Thought you were just joking at first. If you have a modified car that is the last place you wanna get sent to. They are THE IM enforcement facility, if you get referred there you have to provide mechanics receipt and such stating that you got the necessary work done. I don't know of anyone personally that has had to go there, but I've heard stories about it, mostly commercial vehicles though.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 12:36 AM

LOL. Thought you were just joking at first. If you have a modified car that is the last place you wanna get sent to. They are THE IM enforcement facility, if you get referred there you have to provide mechanics receipt and such stating that you got the necessary work done. I don't know of anyone personally that has had to go there, but I've heard stories about it, mostly commercial vehicles though.
Well at one point in time (about three months ago) I was working on my wife's old truck to try and get it to pass IM to register it so that I could sell it. I worked on it for a long while on base and I got it IM'd at the body shop on FT Rich and it failed everything. The computer was reading N/A on everything except for the RPM. So they refered me there to see if they could get an IM by hooking up a tube to the exhaust pipe. It still failed. I didn't know they were the ****'s of IM. Once again, thanks for the heads up.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/nonameclutch.htm

What I've got.

Underground for the install.
Hell, you work at Conti...don't you get a discount?
That's a sweet web site man. I think I am going to make some purchases from it. Not too expensive.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, they ship pretty quick (well at least to KS, anyway) and they're good dudes. I spoke to them on the phone quite often.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:32 PM

Well at one point in time (about three months ago) I was working on my wife's old truck to try and get it to pass IM to register it so that I could sell it. I worked on it for a long while on base and I got it IM'd at the body shop on FT Rich and it failed everything. The computer was reading N/A on everything except for the RPM. So they refered me there to see if they could get an IM by hooking up a tube to the exhaust pipe. It still failed. I didn't know they were the ****'s of IM. Once again, thanks for the heads up.
No problem at all! Did Ft Rich make you go there or just recommend you go there? I ask just cause I know some IM place will make you go there to get an IM and that's where people get fix it tickets for IM violations and such. Just curious if Ft Rich are hardasses like that.

What else do you have left for sale?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:55 PM

No problem at all! Did Ft Rich make you go there or just recommend you go there? I ask just cause I know some IM place will make you go there to get an IM and that's where people get fix it tickets for IM violations and such. Just curious if Ft Rich are hardasses like that.

What else do you have left for sale?
Well I don't have any for sale anymore. I decided to keep the car again. This time I have no choice and I can't change my mind because I sold my truck last friday. So now I am in a predicament in how I am going to put those guages in my car with out proffesional help. Freaking underground is backed up like months ahead and I don't wanna be without wheels for that long. I was talking to Rusty about it and I guess I need to drill a couple of holes (intake pipes some where and exhaust manifold) and also weld a slot for the air sensor to be installed. I still have those to put in with all the other parts I had previously listed. That and I need to change my seat belts back to stock. Its just a head ache. You go to the track? If so, what do you have to pay to do some runs? Also, are you on Elmendorf? I saw a silver 9 there with a cf front lip yesterday by the flight line. Also FT Rich didn't send me there. They recommended it since my computer was reading as if it were erased so the FT Rich guys at the body shop didn't know what the hell it meant so they said talk to someone with their name on their shirt.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:59 PM

I have a question for everyone that reads this thread...... I was wondering if anyone on here bought an EVO IX with sun roof and Infinaty sound from the dodge dealer or any lithia place here in Anchorage this past winter.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 07:09 PM

Well I don't have any for sale anymore. I decided to keep the car again. This time I have no choice and I can't change my mind because I sold my truck last friday. So now I am in a predicament in how I am going to put those guages in my car with out proffesional help. Freaking underground is backed up like months ahead and I don't wanna be without wheels for that long. I was talking to Rusty about it and I guess I need to drill a couple of holes (intake pipes some where and exhaust manifold) and also weld a slot for the air sensor to be installed. I still have those to put in with all the other parts I had previously listed. That and I need to change my seat belts back to stock. Its just a head ache. You go to the track? If so, what do you have to pay to do some runs? Also, are you on Elmendorf? I saw a silver 9 there with a cf front lip yesterday by the flight line. Also FT Rich didn't send me there. They recommended it since my computer was reading as if it were erased so the FT Rich guys at the body shop didn't know what the hell it meant so they said talk to someone with their name on their shirt.
CF Lip is AKEVOIX. But yeah, I work on Elmendorf.

If you have a test pipe, you can put the sensor where the O2 sensor went. Need to run the heater patch/TephraMod though.

Last edited by Buddlight; Jul 21, 2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 07:15 PM

I think it's $25 to run at the track, haven't run yet. Sorry about the wait at Underground that's probably Jasper's and my fault. Get a meet together and install your wideband then, I'm not too mechanically inclined but others are, and willing to help as well.

Or you could drop it off at Underground and buy my truck so you have wheels.....
Old Jul 21, 2009, 07:16 PM

CF Lip is AKEVOIX.

If you have a test pipe, you can put the sensor where the O2 sensor went. Need to run the heater patch/TephraMod though.

Where would I find that patch? And would I have to get a fill tune and include that flash on my factory computer? I don't have anything special in the computer area.

I know nothing about import cars. I owned two corvettes and got major gains with just bolt ons and a chip. Now that I have to get the computer tuned for fuel, air, this, and that, I am lost in the sauce.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 07:18 PM

Also, I just sold my truck man. No dice.

Quick Reply: Alaska