Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Idle surge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2005, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idle surge

Maybe one of you can help me? My car has a TBE a Perrin intake and a dynoflash. (I put the stock BOV back on the car) and it idle surges real bad. and I seem to have a flat spot when I am cruzing? Now I had some cams installed 264/272 and It runs real bad. I know I will need another reflash for the cams but the idle problem remains
Old Dec 14, 2005, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

What do you mean by idle surge? Are you talking about the lopey idle of cams? Or are your RPM's increasing occasionally while at idle? Is your BOV on in the correct position (not backwards) and all the lines attached?

To me it sounds like a boost leak in your system.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 01:49 PM

Whats happening is when I idle down its first reaction is to die..Then if it catches itself it will idle fine for a few. Then after a min the idle will dance around looking for a set point to idle at. I am wondering with the perrin intake if the intake pipe being so large that when letting off the throttle and the turbo stops spinning that maybe the excess air is being pushed back to the MAF and causing it to idle funny? If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoeightguy
Whats happening is when I idle down its first reaction is to die..Then if it catches itself it will idle fine for a few. Then after a min the idle will dance around looking for a set point to idle at. I am wondering with the perrin intake if the intake pipe being so large that when letting off the throttle and the turbo stops spinning that maybe the excess air is being pushed back to the MAF and causing it to idle funny? If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Those are classic aftermarket intake symptoms. Install your stock air box and see if it still continues. While your at, it make sure the MAF honeycomb wasn't damaged during the intake install.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 08:01 PM

You were right on the money. When I had my ecu reflashed Al didnt have a program for the perrins HUGE inlet pipe. I think the perrin would be a great intake for anyone who has a stand alone fuel computer. If anyone is interested in the intake it is about a month old and is in perfect condition.... I will make someone a sweet deal.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Glad I can help. On a side note, you are not the only local guy that has had touble w/ that intake.