Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

RRev motorsports pricing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2006, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRev motorsports pricing

So i called rrev motorsports to get a price on spring install and i was quoted $400 i was like omg WTF and they said but we can give you a 20% discount for your first time coming in, and this isnt including springs i have the springs this is just labor i said no thanks. With rates like this how can you guys stay in business??
Old Jan 25, 2006, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

320 is a little high is it four all four? since you are only getting springs they have to take your old assembly apart reassembble then put it back together it's a pain in the @ss buy a spring compressor for $50 get a case of beer $12 call a buddy over and have fun
Old Jan 25, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Call up a general mechanic shop and get a quote. You shouldn't pay more then $250.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Erick **** that!!! i pay 220 dollars for my TANABE springs and install, and the guy took less than an hour if you want me to, I can take you to this shop ok just give me a call.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Dude call Lucas like I told you and then post how much he says.

360-901-3112
Old Jan 25, 2006, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, that's a high price for a spring install. I paid $120 for my spring install and it took almost an hour to do mine.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

getting it done at torque freaks, $212 was there price. I called english racing but couldnt get ahold of anybody. And i got Alignment specialties appointment all lined up for Friday.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

its not that hard to do yourself
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Gratteries charges 150.00 all four and 75.00 for a 4wheel aliagnment.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:41 PM

PRE charged me 130 for tein s-techs
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

if u can id try to do it yourself, i did them on everyother car ive owned, gonna try to tackle it on the evo too, but then again i dunno if im going full coilover =/

anyways most id pay is 200 . thats the usual rate ive seen for cars, the only time ive seen ppl get charged more if its a car that wasnt meant for sport springs and it was a very difficult process. but were talking about the evo here
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by LimPShoT
So i called rrev motorsports to get a price on spring install and i was quoted $400 i was like omg WTF and they said but we can give you a 20% discount for your first time coming in, and this isnt including springs i have the springs this is just labor i said no thanks. With rates like this how can you guys stay in business??
Well, quite frankly we did not set out to be the cheapest cut rate shop in town. We have hired what I feel are some of the best technicians in the area and they are highly skilled at what they do. To get that quality of labor, I have to pay them what they are worth in the industry and to stay in business I have to charge properly for their services. For a lot of people, cheapest price isn't their first criteria when choosing a shop to build/tune/service their car. They are looking for high quality service/people they can trust, and a shop that stands behind their work. That is what we offer.

I am sorry you felt the quote was out of line, but I make no apologies for paying my techs what they are worth and charging fairly for their services. We will offer discounts and things of that nature from time to time, and perhaps specials on things like spring installs, intakes, suspension, etc. We have been so busy getting the shop up and running that I haven't had time to put together any specials or to finalize pricing on basic jobs like spring installs. Until I do, our only accurate means of quoting is the industry standard labor guides (such as a regular service shop would use). Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Last edited by John Reed; Jan 30, 2006 at 08:38 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by John Reed
Until I do, our only accurate means of quoting is the industry standard labor guides (such as a regular service shop would use). Feel free to call me if you have any questions.
thats the problem right there. the freind who i know has a shop, and i did the work there, we looked it up on one of those computer programs, and it said (for a lancer-no evo was listed) that the job should be billed for 4 hrs. me and two friends had the car done in 45 min- time i pulled in to the the time i pulled out. i must say i definately respect your decision in defending your original post, and paying employess what they deserve.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 09:35 AM

Yeah, the book isn't ideal in a lot of ways (as this situation clearly illustrates), but until I get a chance to hammer out some pricing for jobs like this, it is the only way we have to make sure our pricing is consistent no matter who you talk to when someone calls down here.

I appreciate the support as we get the shop setup and all sorted out. I am more than happy to discuss possible price matching based on quotes given by other reputable shops in the area. Just give me a call and we can talk about it.

John
Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by John Reed
Well, quite frankly we did not set out to be the cheapest cut rate shop in town. We have hired what I feel are some of the best technicians in the area and they are highly skilled at what they do. To get that quality of labor, I have to pay them what they are worth in the industry and to stay in business I have to charge properly for their services. For a lot of people, cheapest price isn't their first criteria when choosing a shop to build/tune/service their car. They are looking for high quality service/people they can trust, and a shop that stands behind their work. That is what we offer.

I am sorry you felt the quote was out of line, but I make no apologies for paying my techs what they are worth and charging fairly for their services. We will offer discounts and things of that nature from time to time, and perhaps specials on things like spring installs, intakes, suspension, etc. We have been so busy getting the shop up and running that I haven't had time to put together any specials or to finalize pricing on basic jobs like spring installs. Until I do, our only accurate means of quoting is the industry standard labor guides (such as a regular service shop would use). Feel free to call me if you have any questions.
John its understandable to charge rates as per the quality of labor and i personally dont look at the cheapest price for work done on my evo, i was just in shock as to what i was quoted. It was x2 as per the average i was quoted. I was at your guys open house with a few other evo's and will always support our quality shops like yours and others in the NW.