Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Crap got a ticket today... (sorta long story)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to Copland, the only country in the whole universe where a mere speeding ticket it could be considered a felony.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Abo6leenz,

3 of the tickets can be deleted for free, the front license plate must be installed,the proof of registration and insurance can be brought up to court and dismiss for free.

As per your last comment about having to go home and cry to your girlfriend,, you need to fake that to the judge.

You need to go with a humble attitude when you go and see the traffic judge, there is ALWAYS a 50% chance that their penalty gets reduced when you ask the judge to minimize the penalty.

This is how it goes:

The judge WILL ask you: How much money can you pay today?

You must answer: Sir, Iam willing to pay but I am strugling with my bills as we speak. Mostlikely your penalty WILL get reduced to 40%-50% of what it originally was.

Remember, you can also make payment. Don't overkill yourself. I am not making things up, I have been in court more times that you can count. Put it this way, I was pulled over 23 times from August the 13th 1995 untill Nov 97 just in San Antonio ,TX alone.

I could really write a book and make money about it. I got pull over one time by the same cop in the same avenue with 3 different cars. I got pulled over for having a vulgar sticker in my car. I got pulled over for not having front license plate, for speeding and one third of the times just because of the looks(profiling).

Carlos
keep in mind those experiences are in a diff. state. get a speeding ticket in idaho and they don't reduce the fine.. as they say "it is what it is..". you pay the ticket and off you go. you can ask for a fine agreement, which is like a payment plan, but you pay the whole thing. they changed the laws in idaho a while ago and still have driving without insurance, but there is also a charge of driving without proof of insurance. that means you have insurance, just didn't have proof. no way out of that one either. I have also been ticketed for no front plate. $54, and no way out of that either. some cops here write a "fixit ticket", where you have 7 days to fix the issue, find a cop on the street, show him, and he signs off on a card you have to mail in, but most will just write the actual ticket.

you are correct about the humble attitude and dress nice when going to court, but here, most tickets, unless you have an actual defense, you just pay.
as stated above, every state is different and in washington, where he is, there is probably a completely diff. set of rules. someone familiar with the legal system in wa. should be pm'ing him....
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jd323
after blowing past cops twice in a short timeframe, purchasing a radar detector proved to be worth its weight in gold. It has saved my *** plenty of times. Was this the straightaway in purdy before gig harbor? Tsk Tsk Tsk.
I'm not sure but I think that is where it was at. It's still part of the highway but both sides have cars coming out. What detector do you have?
Old Feb 23, 2006, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

I just got the x50, it seems like a great unit. I haven't gone past a cop with radar yet so I don't know how much warning it gives in that case.

However, I have been past 2 cops with laser. Once you're tagged with laser, if you're speeding you will get the ticket. That's why I'm gonna be buying a laser scrambler as well when I get my Evo this summer.

Might as well go for the whole shebang, considering both cops I've gone past in the two weeks since I got my detector have been using laser.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

Hey In Cali, we have the option to take Traffic School. It costs like 100 or something depending on which one. You can take it Online also. Once you take Traffic school and Pass, your ticket is cleared and its not on your record. I don't know how it works in Wa though. Good Luck.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoRicer
Hey In Cali, we have the option to take Traffic School. It costs like 100 or something depending on which one. You can take it Online also. Once you take Traffic school and Pass, your ticket is cleared and its not on your record. I don't know how it works in Wa though. Good Luck.
That would be cool, anyone know from washington if anything like that happens here?
Old Feb 24, 2006, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by urBan_dK
I just got the x50, it seems like a great unit. I haven't gone past a cop with radar yet so I don't know how much warning it gives in that case.

However, I have been past 2 cops with laser. Once you're tagged with laser, if you're speeding you will get the ticket. That's why I'm gonna be buying a laser scrambler as well when I get my Evo this summer.

Might as well go for the whole shebang, considering both cops I've gone past in the two weeks since I got my detector have been using laser.
Isn't the laser scrarmbler like $600 or something like that? Where did you get your radar from and how much?
Old Feb 24, 2006, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

get Valentine one Radar! they are best!
Old Feb 26, 2006, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aboh6leenz
Isn't the laser scrarmbler like $600 or something like that? Where did you get your radar from and how much?
I bought the x50 on eBay for $250 after shipping. Retail is $300. I think the blue one (to match your car hehe) is about $50 more (maybe less than 50 more on eBay).

The laser jammer (they call it a "shifter") is called the ZR3 and it will connect up with an x50 (main reason I went with the Passport over the Valentine). I see one on eBay right now for about $300 after shipping but retail is $500.

So many of the state patrol use laser that I think it's valuble to spend the extra money and get the laser jammer as well. I am buying it when I get my Evo this summer.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

What do you think of the blinder m-20 i've read that it is also a good laser jamming device. Yeah the blue x50 is $280 shipped from ebay, I will probably just get one from there.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Blinder m-20 scores the best in all the reviews, it's just gonna be a few hundred more than the others. ZR3 doesn't appear to be too much worse, and it interfaces with the Passport 8500 x50.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Ehh I like to get Valntine one radar and Laser and Radar Jammar on License plate frame.. i think cost like 800ish.. it way better than Radar beep on Windsheild...