Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Crap got a ticket today... (sorta long story)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crap got a ticket today... (sorta long story)

Here is the story:

I travel monday-friday to school which is about 40-45 miles away from my home. Well my day started off not so good anyways I was running late and had to dry my pants still because they were wet! Well as I left home at about 6:45am and school starts at 7:30am. No way I would make it on time, especially because of the bridge traffic. So I head to school with everything ready day was already pretty bright, listening to the tman and laughing at occasions . I get to this part of the highway where it cuts down to 50mph traveling with other cars. I notice the cars behind me slow down then I look forward and was like ****... See the cop hurry and get in his car and I try to slow down as much as possible to let traffic catch up. Well the car behind me slowed down even more to let the cop merge on, then with my palms sweaty the blue and reds go on.

The cop approaches my passenger window and tells me what I did wrong. Then says "what happened to your front plates?" I simply said it never came with one. He says "Did you tint your windows blue?" It came like that. Asks for my id, registration, proof of insurance. Hand him my id open my glove box and nothing is in there! I installed my gauges this weekend and emptied my glove box and forgot to put everything back. I told him I forgot it and he says you dont have insurance. I explained to him why I didnt have it with me. He takes my id back to his car and writes me a ticket. 63 in a 50 ticket is for $112 dollars. He let me go for: not have front plates, having a blue tint over my rear plates, not having registration and proof of insurance, and blue tint.

Overall nice guy but it really bummed me out so I just headed home to cry to my girlfriend.

Anyways I got a ticket deferred about a 1+ year ago. Does anyone know if it takes 1 or 2 years for the defference to go through? And anyone have suggestions on what I should do? I really can't afford higher insurance rates and other crap. Oh yeah and should I get a radar detector now? lol
Old Feb 22, 2006, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

fight it all the way
Old Feb 22, 2006, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Ya Fight for it...
Old Feb 22, 2006, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Thats cheap ticket. In OR its 147 Minimum. for 0-10 Miles over limit
Old Feb 22, 2006, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

fight it for what man you got off really easy man. Your could have been fined and your car towed for not having proof of insurance in Oregon dont know what the law is in washington. Just go to court and plead your case will probably go down from 112.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

I know I got off easy, and I can pay for the ticket. But I do not want it to go on my record. My gf actually got a ticket for not having the information and was given a $300+ dollar ticket but all she had to do was show it when she brought the ticket in and it was reduced to nothing.

My question is I had a ticket deferred more then a year ago. Can I get another one deffered? When I got mine deffered last time it was $200 and I did community service to pay it off. Do we get a driving school type of deal also?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

well in April 04, I got Reckless Drive with Felony Level B.. 60 mph in 30 zone.. (it not school zone).. I got pull over by Lakewood Cop.. Cop is lady.. she was sooo *****in.. I told im sorry im deaf and i dont understand what u say. as lest u can write down to talk to me and ill understand.. Lady say ok and grab pen and paper quickly and write down and show me.. she say How fast u going?? i say 60ish and she say YES! and i just sit and quiet and grab ticket going to College.. and then i put to fight court.. and i told Judge that She dont check mark for Radar, Aircraft Radar and Patorl follow speed.. and Judge quiet and I told may iu can reduce charge and price and take drive course? and Judge gave me 800 reduce to 200 dollar (for court fees) and pass driver school (i did online write test ) and 2 month probation (better than 6 months probation) I still drive for 2 month.. if i caught trouble with cop it will go my record.. and after 2 month over.. My drive Record clean and Insurance didnt know too.. Hee! Yaa.. now i got clean record still and sadly i still have lead foot haha!
Old Feb 22, 2006, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Look on the bright side....you didn't get pulled over doing almost 160 on the way to Longview

That was a fun ride, BTW
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:17 PM

If you had a ticket deferred I year ago. Then you should be off probation now. But I think that you can only defer 1 ticket every 7 years. If you take it to court then you might meet a nice judge to work something out with you. You can hope. All I know is you dont want to be last one to talk to the judge. They get fet up with all the stories and take it out on the last people they talk to. Good luck.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Abo6leenz,

3 of the tickets can be deleted for free, the front license plate must be installed,the proof of registration and insurance can be brought up to court and dismiss for free.

As per your last comment about having to go home and cry to your girlfriend,, you need to fake that to the judge.

You need to go with a humble attitude when you go and see the traffic judge, there is ALWAYS a 50% chance that their penalty gets reduced when you ask the judge to minimize the penalty.

This is how it goes:

The judge WILL ask you: How much money can you pay today?

You must answer: Sir, Iam willing to pay but I am strugling with my bills as we speak. Mostlikely your penalty WILL get reduced to 40%-50% of what it originally was.

Remember, you can also make payment. Don't overkill yourself. I am not making things up, I have been in court more times that you can count. Put it this way, I was pulled over 23 times from August the 13th 1995 untill Nov 97 just in San Antonio ,TX alone.

I could really write a book and make money about it. I got pull over one time by the same cop in the same avenue with 3 different cars. I got pulled over for having a vulgar sticker in my car. I got pulled over for not having front license plate, for speeding and one third of the times just because of the looks(profiling).

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Feb 23, 2006 at 06:10 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

Call Jeannie Mucklestone, shes in Seattle, all she does is traffic tickets. I've used her for three tickets and she got everyone of them dropped, I didnt even have to show up in court. All ya do is send her the money, she sends u a form to fill out and thats it, ticket dropped (unless the tickets out of Redmond).
If your interested I'll PM you her direct #
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

hanahawaiian: you will have to tell me more via aim But it sounds to me like you got yours deferred sorta.

urban_dK: that was on a closed track though .

EVSEVO8: Yeah I asked my friends and they said 1 year but for some reason i keep thinking that is was 2 years. I guess if I fight it i'll go early, thanks for letting me know.

fromWRXtoEVO: on the ticket itself all it states is that I was doing 63 in a 50, nothing more. He was nice enough to let me go on everything else. and I didnt really cry lol i'm not so much of an emotional person, it was just a figure of speech. Well I dont know how things work where you live but I'm sure its pretty much the same. On the back of the ticket you can select 3 things: You agree you did it and send them the money, you agree you did it and they tell you about it (you can get it reduced also), you fight it. The second choice is what I chose last time and got it deferred.

Autoxevo: you got a pm.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:39 PM

I think you can only defer a ticket every 4 yrs
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoeightguy
I think you can only defer a ticket every 4 yrs
not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for your input.

oh yeah I think i'm going to get the 8500 x50 in blue. Why blue I like the color blue and it's easier to read anyone got one for sale. I am also going to try to get more sleep so i can be more alert while driving to school .

Last edited by aboh6leenz; Feb 22, 2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 05:44 AM

after blowing past cops twice in a short timeframe, purchasing a radar detector proved to be worth its weight in gold. It has saved my *** plenty of times. Was this the straightaway in purdy before gig harbor? Tsk Tsk Tsk.

Quick Reply: Crap got a ticket today... (sorta long story)