Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

rt-615`s rock.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BrewPuBeaver
235x40x18 and 245x40x18

cant run 17`s because of my up-graded brakes *soon*

the 245 RT615`s are 1.25 inches wider per tire compared to the 235 kuhmo all seasons
ah, ok. that makes more sense.

i've been happy on my 245/45/17 615's- they feel a bit soft compared to the stock advans, but until i get some in the stock size, i'm inclined to think that most of the loss of sharpness is due to the extra sidewall on the larger 615's.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:27 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Zee Freak
Tread wear of 200. I'd hardly call those R compounds. Hell the stock Advans on the Evos are 160s (I think the stock STI tyres are 140s). My Goodyear GSCSs that I ran on my T1 car were 20s.
Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but you really can't compare treadwear ratings between tire brands. They are relatively subjective numbers that are relative to other tires within that brand's line up.

Also, tire manufacturer's can advertise the tread wear as being lower than its actual rating for marketing reasons - for instance, because some people think that tread wear ratings equate to grip levels.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

So what must the end user rely on to gauge accurate tread life? Especially since there is no committee that oversees these issues officially. It'd be nice to have a sense of consistency in these ratings.

Originally Posted by Jack @ EvoStore
Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but you really can't compare treadwear ratings between tire brands. They are relatively subjective numbers that are relative to other tires within that brand's line up.

Also, tire manufacturer's can advertise the tread wear as being lower than its actual rating for marketing reasons - for instance, because some people think that tread wear ratings equate to grip levels.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JeffR116
So what must the end user rely on to gauge accurate tread life? Especially since there is no committee that oversees these issues officially. It'd be nice to have a sense of consistency in these ratings.
Reviews from other users.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:14 PM
Account Disabled

these are NOT R compound tires. They are the new Hybrid style. Not and R but not just a UHP either. Hankook has the same thing in the RS2
Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jack @ EvoStore

Well my original point was a 200 treadwear is hardly an R compound no matter how you look at it. All the "Real" race tires I've used in the last few years have been significantly less. (Goodyear GSCS, Kumho Victoracer V700, Ecsta V700)
Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JeffR116
HAHA! This is why you might be able to fit a 245/45/17 on a 17x7.5 from one manufacture and then that same size will not fit from another. It has been the most annoying thing I've ever experienced. Every size is different, ever measurement is different....it totally blows (no pun intended).