Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

seattle people

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2006, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seattle people

this isnt about a meet, this isnt about just to save you time from reading. youre welcome.

im in the market for a Z when my wife gets back from Kuwait mid-june. stealerships up here a wack and want 40k for Z's. so im looking into shipping one from seattle.

1) i know most of you drive , but my question is...do you know of any honest, cheap NISSAN dealers down there? perhaps your friend drives a Z or has had an experience with a nissan dealership.

2) anybody know about any car shipping companys based in seattle. there is one up here in AK, TOTE, that goes from Anchorage to Tacoma. its about $1300 to ship. not bad, but its always nice to shop around.

thanks guys,

ian
Old May 12, 2006, 08:01 AM

The Nissan dealer on south Tacoma way worked a fair deal for my friend’s base model Z... I know he didn't pay the pathetic NW market adjustment or any of that crap.. He was about $600 above MSRP but he got some cool extras thrown in. some upgraded stereo package and a rear spoiler? Or something like that.. He spoke highly of them, and I’ve bought three Subaru’s from their dealership that’s right next door and liked how they treated me and priced the cars the cars I ended up getting.
Here's their information from http://www.nissanusa.com/dealerlocator/en

Bruce Titus' Tacoma Nissan
4030 S Tacoma Way
Tacoma, WA 98409
(3.3 Miles Away)
Old May 12, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

thanks man. ive emailed a couple of them and the prices dont seem that bad. well compared to the high mark up of Alaska.

but its nice to get some personal stories and experiences.

thanks again
Old May 12, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How's sales tax in Alaska
Old May 12, 2006, 04:04 PM

drive an evo and you will never want a Z
Old May 12, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

also... it looks like vancouver area has the lowest tax rate of any of them. so you might want to check into dick hannah nissan. they are right down the street from me. if they quote you a price, I can at least go and verify it. Or vehicle or whatever. Just to help out
Old May 12, 2006, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by value
How's sales tax in Alaska
their is no tax
Old May 12, 2006, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Towelie
cost to insure z=158 evo=3xx. in AK its MUCH more expensive to insure anything 4WD.
Old May 12, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by js06evoix
also... it looks like vancouver area has the lowest tax rate of any of them. so you might want to check into dick hannah nissan. they are right down the street from me. if they quote you a price, I can at least go and verify it. Or vehicle or whatever. Just to help out

excellent point. i didnt even think of that. i appreciate the help/offer.
Old May 12, 2006, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Towelie
agreed. I drove 2 z's prior to my 9, after I sold my 8. flooring the car on a straightaway and I listened to the motor rev and kept thinking "when is the car going to take off???"

but seriously, they are nice looking cars and feel very sporty.
we purchased our nissan murano from bronco motors nissan here in nampa/caldwell idaho.. they offered me a great deal on a 350 (38900 sticker for 29000 otd)brand new. just have to find a dealer that has what you want on the lot. if you special order, you are going to pay sticker plus some. do a search on nissan dealers in the northwest and you can usually find websites and search dealer inventories to find what you want, then deal. might try nissan's website and see if they have a "search dealer inventories" option and find something around.

good luck...
Old May 12, 2006, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sandm
agreed. I drove 2 z's prior to my 9, after I sold my 8. flooring the car on a straightaway and I listened to the motor rev and kept thinking "when is the car going to take off???"

but seriously, they are nice looking cars and feel very sporty.
we purchased our nissan murano from bronco motors nissan here in nampa/caldwell idaho.. they offered me a great deal on a 350 (38900 sticker for 29000 otd)brand new. just have to find a dealer that has what you want on the lot. if you special order, you are going to pay sticker plus some. do a search on nissan dealers in the northwest and you can usually find websites and search dealer inventories to find what you want, then deal. might try nissan's website and see if they have a "search dealer inventories" option and find something around.

good luck...
im really not so sure why im going with the z over the evo. their are a few small things. such as insurance and 4 doors. not that the amount of doors has anything to do with performance. the wife and i just dont want a 4 door car. something for just us. we dont plan on having kids for a while and she has a f-150 if we need to haul anything.

when you drive an ES lancer for 4 years..the Z has more then enough kick.
Old May 12, 2006, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

yea. they really are a nice car. I enjoyed both the test drives I took, but the cars are just not the performance equal to an evo.
will be a substantial difference over the es...

good luck in your hunt and hope you find one for a decent price. might want to try ebay and look used. I was almost ready to buy a track model with chromed out 19's in la. had 5k on the clock and could have had for 26otd. quite the savings over new.

anyways enjoy...