Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

NWE / PAlpha Open Track Day : Interest?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NWE / PAlpha Open Track Day : Interest?

Since we've been having all this fun auto-x'ing together, I'm looking into the possibility of organizing an open track day at Pacific Raceway. It will be more expensive than auto-x, but you will get hours of driving time (instead of minutes), and if you really want to go 140+ flat out you will have the opportunity to do so . Events of this type are run very controlled and professionally, so don't be intimidated or worried you may damage your car - it will be the most fun you will ever have in your car (legally). Time frame would be some time in July (or later).

So I have two questions for peeps: what are you limitations on the date (e.g. weekend vs. weekday), and what is the pain-threshold for cost? To give you an idea,

I contacted Proformance Racing, and they told me weekday only, and $430 a person for a full day. Class room / exercises in the morning, open track in the afternoon.

Another option is IRDC, they offer a two day on the weekend (class on Sat, play time on Sunday) for $250 a person.

I will try to get better deals based on group discounts, etc. but that gives you an idea. Anybody up for this?

Last edited by voidhawk; May 30, 2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old May 30, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Proformance racing is high quality teaching, but that's pretty damn expensive, and weekdays are extremely hard to do for me.

The IRDC class I will do. Cheaper price, weekend days, and we still get equal track time. I'm in for that.
Old May 30, 2006, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Yes I am very interested. It would be best on a weekend, but if I have time to plan I can do a weekday and just get the day off.
Old May 30, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by voidhawk
Since we've been having all this fun auto-x'ing together, I'm looking into the possibility of organizing an open track day at Pacific Raceway. It will be more expensive than auto-x, but you will get hours of driving time (instead of minutes), and if you really want to go 140+ flat out you will have the opportunity to do so . Events of this type are run very controlled and professionally, so don't be intimidated or worried you may damage your car - it will be the most fun you will ever have in your car (legally). Time frame would be some time in July (or later).

So I have two questions for peeps: what are you limitations on the date (e.g. weekend vs. weekday), and what is the pain-threshold for cost? To give you an idea,

I contacted Proformance Racing, and they told me weekday only, and $430 a person for a full day. Class room / exercises in the morning, open track in the afternoon.

Another option is IRDC, they offer a two day on the weekend (class on Sat, play time on Sunday) for $250 a person.

I will try to get better deals based on group discounts, etc. but that gives you an idea. Anybody up for this?
That's WAAAAAAY more than I would pay. I'm used to paying no more than ~$125-$150 for track days. I wouldn't mind checking out Bremerton though, PIR is getting kind of old...although it's closer for AAA to tow me home if need be...
Old May 30, 2006, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Bremerton is an old air field, not really a track in that sense. I was thinking PR since it has FIA curbs, hairpins, etc. the whole nine yards without any cones to worry about. Of course, PIR is also an option - can you give me a lead on where you get track days at the price you mentioned? Thanks.
Old May 30, 2006, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bremerton is an old air field, not really a track in that sense. I was thinking PR since it has FIA curbs, hairpins, etc. the whole nine yards without any cones to worry about. Of course, PIR is also an option - can you give me a lead on where you get track days at the price you mentioned? Thanks.
If you go on www.portlandraceway.com you can find the event schedule. The first track day I did there was the cascade sports car club driving school ($159 with in-class instruction, less without). Unfortunately, the next one is this friday and the one after that isn't for a while. However, the Tri-Club day is coming up on June 23rd and that was really fun last year. It's the BMW, Porsche, and I believe Alpha clubs combined in one event. I signed up via the Oregon PCA website last time (www.oregonpca.org). Basically I just see what's going on, go the whatever club's website is doing the track day, and figure out how to sign up from there. If you need any more help PM me.
Old May 30, 2006, 04:15 PM

http://www.motorsportreg.com/

to sign up for the tri club day. i just wish there was more of them. and yeah 400 bucks is WOW.
Old May 30, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

I don't want to pay for any of the classroom instruction, just an open lapping day. Usually $125 - $175 range for a whole day. I'm open for whenever, and will probably be at most of the track days this summer once I change out the bushings and get the car re-aligned.
Old May 30, 2006, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Ralph, your gonna have to do something quick if you want the Project Alpha guys envolved as they are deploying for a year to Iraq very shortly.
Old May 31, 2006, 06:59 AM

I could go if it is after the 3rd week in july. Out to sea...
Old May 31, 2006, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by haze1995
Ralph, your gonna have to do something quick if you want the Project Alpha guys envolved as they are deploying for a year to Iraq very shortly.
do you have a date? I'll try to line it up if possible. Thanks for the extra leads guys, I'll try to put together a "menu" and post it as a poll, then we can pick.
Old May 31, 2006, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

do you have a date? I'll try to line it up if possible. Thanks for the extra leads guys, I'll try to put together a "menu" and post it as a poll, then we can pick.
I think around the end of the month.
Old May 31, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

I wish you guys were doing more of this when I had my Evo .
I had a hard time getting enough members to go drag @ PR last year, but people then were more interested in car shows, banners and spokemodels.
Old May 31, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jman425
I wish you guys were doing more of this when I had my Evo .
I had a hard time getting enough members to go drag @ PR last year, but people then were more interested in car shows, banners and spokemodels.
what can I say - slow starters? Bring the G35 instead!
Old May 31, 2006, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

what can I say - slow starters? Bring the G35 instead!
hehe, how's it going Ralph ? I haven't seen your car at all considering I'm at my parent's house 2-3 times a week and go to that botanical park every weekend with my little girl.
The G is going to be a luxo family mover, that's about it. I just installed sway bars front and rear to get rid of some body roll.