Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Im pissed! and I need Help!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2006, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im pissed! and I need Help!

I got Pulled over by Stupid WSP.

I went to Pac Ave to go get fuel for my Evo at 76.. i turn Right on pac ave.. then my Clutch act jerk and i cant hear so i press brake.. then WSP on Other side road drive north and saw me then pull me over... like 150 yards..

Then i stop and turn off engine and roll windows down.. then she say u go too fast.. then i say ok.. then hand her a Driver license, reg and insurance... then
she went car and write fu$k ticket.. then she came back and say u went over 50 + speed at 40zone..

so I look ticket it say 50+ MPH on 40zone.. on SMD.. FACT she didnt SMD me she was other road drive north and i went south.. and SHe didnt Radar.. she GUESS....
and I didnt sign Ticket she wrote say COPY GIVEN TO DEFENDANT...

So im thinkin about Fight Court and since im Deaf and it hard to hear Clutch Grind at 3rd gear.. i have problem with 3rd gears...
Old Jun 11, 2006, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

I told her i cant hear Clutch and it stuck and Grind.. then she say Go learn how drive and Go get ur car Fix.. Mad face at me.. i just went ok and plain face..
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks bro, sounds like you could get an attorney and fight it, but that costs some money, usually it saves money down the road though because of the insurance costs in the future, good luck with it.

Also sounds like she may have taken advantage of your disability because you are deaf, you may be able to use that to your advantage... good luck
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

She can radar you if she is mobile. She doesn't have to be sitting stationary. By what I read, I think that's what you are saying, is that she couldn't because she was driving south.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

She Drive up North.. and i was other side road drive south.. and then i went like 150 yard south then she turn right then go south and put light on... and She gave ticket and say

50+ MPH in a 40 ZONE and she GUESS she put + on it she say over 50.. how she know.. she use SMD.... ****.. then she guess and gave bs ticket.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

I don't think she guessed. Its quite possible that the RCW says she only has to put 50+.

I always contest tickets that I get, but honestly, I don't know if its worth the lawyer. If you know an honest one, they'll tell you for sure if they think its worth it.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Ill Call my Buddies from TPD. Tacoma Police.. ill talk them.. and find out..

Well it my driver record cleaned.. so it say RCW 46 61 400 and R2068 on ticket
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

but ticket say 101 fined $
Old Jun 12, 2006, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

I do agree with js06evoIX, they can get you by going the other way... thats actually how they get the majority of the speeders (this is what my buddy told me he is a cadet for the police academy here in vancouver). But it sounds like she just pulled around the corner and then decided to give you a ticket...thats crap

I'm dont know what SMD is, but if its not radar...fight it for sure.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man, bad week for evo owners....
Old Jun 12, 2006, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

SMD... speed measuring device....

SMD can be either radar, or the vehicle they are driving itself. Since the speedomoter on the car is certified to be accurate when its brought into service, and its checked periodically.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

The court system in WA, like a lot of other states, is about revenue generation. I have first hand experience being railroaded by Shoreline police and all I can say is, no matter how well prepared you are, it ain't gonna be pretty to defend yourself in court. Hire a lawyer. The Western Washington Sports Car Club (www.wwscc.org) has a list of attorneys who have defended people with speeding violations. yes, it will likely cost you $300 or so. But subtract the $101 fine and the monthly increase in your insurance (which must already be really high because it's an Evo in Washington) you'll come out ahead by the end of the year.

I subpoenad the SMD expert and the cop. The prosecutor actually forgot to subpoena the SMD expert, told the judge she hadn't and was STILL given an extension. I argued that if I had come to court unprepared I would not have been given the same leniency. The judge just looked at me for like 10 seconds and then turned to the clerk and asked what the new date would be.

good luck!
Old Jun 12, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Thats crap, the court system here sucks I agree with^^^ he has a good point they favor anhything that will bring in money, again good luck
Old Jun 12, 2006, 04:09 PM

That blows man...I got a DUI this time last year in my Evo...I tell you what...lawyers are worth ever penny when you WIN!
Old Jun 12, 2006, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

argg.. oh well my first record Speed ticket in my Record.. so ill go Pay 101$ fined.. oh well im going live anywhat.. Im just tired of Courts and Lawyers... I got 2 reckless drive but dismissed.. and 2 Discrimiation For Deaf.. i won 4 case so far,..

Quick Reply: Im pissed! and I need Help!