Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

my car....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2006, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone that wants the road location can shoot me an email @ Brewpubeaver@gmail.com
Old Jul 18, 2006, 08:39 PM

that is a funny video. i've heard storys of people doing that to bikers who like to line up there shiny bikes in a neat little line beside the road
Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Dude you must deal drugs, you have the same job as me and I can't afford to slap in my toda stroker kit, garrett turbo, greddy intercooler, etc. J/K Well I'm glad you can afford to do all this stuff to your car, sucks about what happened, I haven't seen your car lately to think of it.
I myself seem to be on a downward slope of moddin and car enthusiast.. I love my car but my motivation to keep moddin it and such has run on me. I had to withdraw my order to pay for my wife's bills as she's been unemployed and is to lazy to get a new job. So my Carbon Fiber C-West bumper has flown away, lucky for her it didn't arrive within the six months after I ordered it.
NW evos hasn't had a group meeting in a while or atleast one that I know of.. prolly have one in Aug when I'll be deployed again for another month.

Originally Posted by BrewPuBeaver
well it happen`d....

well i really am not sure what it is at this point. could be a blown motor (doubt it), head gasket, or the turbo went.... lot and lots of white/blue smoke... didnt really feel anything, still makes power. but it is followed by plumes of smoke.

wont really know anything untill the leak down test. hopefully it is the turbo, since i already have a new 35r waiting to go on.

if it is the head gasket, witch i could see going. i have a new one that is an aftermarket piece that is a lot stronger than stock, and the STI one is pretty beefie, new limited edition ARP head studs that are super strong, and if it is a piston.... well i will be doing new pistons, rods, matched and blue printed, and havent decided on head work yet..... i know i would benifit greatly from it. but i dont know if i want to spend the $$$$$$

here is a short clip, it happend on the next pull..... i was shifting in to 6th as i passed him.... this is on a closed road called pumkin road out in BFE. and it was 7am on saturday morning. i will be doing a drive out there as soon as my car is up. i will have a map up later.

i have about 40 minutes of video to shift through, this is a funny clip....but extreamly dangerous, he was pretty close to the road when i passed so do not attempt.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...rent=Movie.flv
Old Jul 19, 2006, 01:12 PM

lol... i feel you man. that blue ford exploder looking suv by the flag pole in the mornings is my back up daily driver...

i dont deal the drugs man... even though there is enough money in it to ~almost warrent it~

the short block is fine, leak down test came back well in factory spec. now need to pull the motor, check the head gasket, and i am doing research now on head work.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

lol... i feel you man. that blue ford exploder looking suv by the flag pole in the mornings is my back up daily driver...

i dont deal the drugs man... even though there is enough money in it to ~almost warrent it~

the short block is fine, leak down test came back well in factory spec. now need to pull the motor, check the head gasket, and i am doing research now on head work.
Did you already drain your oil and check for milkyness?
Old Jul 19, 2006, 02:02 PM

i am not doing the work this time. The car is @ PDXTuning in portland
Old Jul 19, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't read through all the thread, what ended up being wrong?
Old Jul 19, 2006, 02:07 PM

dont know yet... all i know is that the short block is fine
Old Jul 19, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

a friend of mine had a sti, his cat some how came apart or pieces of it got on the turbine side and bent all the fins. it still ran, but ran like ***.

he has since sold it though, he got tired of it i guess.

good luck, i hope it's nothing to serious.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 02:14 PM

an sti doesnt have a CAT befor the turbo, that is a wrx.

i am pretty sure it is the head gasket.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Is there seriously a Cat before the turbo on a WRX?

WTF.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

If you feed your cat, it wont get sucked in the turbo .
Old Jul 19, 2006, 03:20 PM

I think the WRX has 3 or 4 cats. There are so many cats on that car, i guess they had trouble making it emissions compliant. A stock WRX is really quiet. When I had mine I disconnected the exhaust pipe going to the muffler and drove around like that for awhile, it was too damn quiet otherwise.

On a side note, the EVO is so much better than a regular WRX its ridiculous.. The WRX drives nice, but performance wise there's no comparison.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 03:23 PM

yea there are a lot of cats on the WRX, and hell yea the EVO 10000% better than the wrx, the WRX is like a lancer with a turbo....
Old Jul 19, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

didnt pdx do it the first time? you going to do anything to your heads when they are off (if thats the case)? you going to have an oil analysis done? wouldnt be a bad idea just to see how your journal bearings are doing.

are there j/w passages thru ej heads? or just oil?