Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Ugly Evo Car Detailing

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2007, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by uglyevo
then i guess you will have to turn some customers away by not rushing. Some customers need it done asap and don't have time to wait so you have to rush.

I have done over 400 cars in the last 3 years and never had 1 single complaint. Besides how would you know if I kept using that pad? Perhaps I had just finished polishing? So I think its safe to say that you are assuming.

But yeah haters hate on

I'm not hating, it was the first thing that I noticed, & the fact that you used the included pad made me wonder. I detail part time for my friends company, if they do not have the time for us, it doesn't get done. You schedule them when they have the time. While it look great that day, it's a few days, or weeks down the road that really matter. However, the full detail is a combined 24+ hours of work.

I tend to more high end cars, with the customer watching you detail their Ferrari, things tend to be more ****. I know most EVO guys are not going spend over $500 on a detail.

We also don't know what you were doing to the car, just a wash/wax, or a full detail.

So don't take it that I'm hating at all, it's just funny, what people see in the pics, I never said anything derogatory about your work, just that I noticed a buffing pad on the ground, & that it's a crappy pad. After all, a good detail is all in the details.
Old May 7, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

I have better pads, but the backing fell off and I didn't have time to try and re-glue it. So I needed to get the car done in 1 hour and resorted to the original pad because the other pads I had were for a light polish and waxing, so they wouldn't cut it for the more heavy duty polish that I was using. It wasn't a full detail, just a quick polish for the shoot that had to be done and the car needed to shine.

I myself do a lot of highend cars too, but sometimes when in a rush you make due with what you have.
Old May 7, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Duggy does great work, Paul wanted the Evo done quick so Duggy made do so he could get the car done for the shoot. Keep up the good work Duggy.
Old May 7, 2007, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

All I hear is blah blah blah......