Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

E85 11.2@121 stock '04 turbo SSL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SaVaGe_MinG
^ i CAN drive u know! GEESH
Who are you?
Old Jun 17, 2007, 01:24 PM
Former Sponsor

lucas cant wait until you get kicked out next weekend
Old Jun 17, 2007, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucas English
Well did some math since you made me think about it. Have been doing mitsu stock ECU stuff for years and most of the time fuel cut happens at 115-120% DC. I know you cant run over %100DC but the ECU will try in the way the data logs come back.

4687 96% DC
5750 93%
6375 96.5%
7200 100%

So noting in my eys here that is bad. I dont feel the car can make anymore power and my inj seem to be a perfect match to me.

Should be happy I am will to share stuff like this. Most people would not post this kinda info up on rec seting drag runs.
Actually anything over 90% duty and the injectors are wide open. 6000rpm =20ms for 2 revs of motor. Your at 100% duty right around 6000rpm according to your logs. Alky is very forgiving A/F wise, but it does make safer power at richer ratios. Sure you can go leaner to reduce duty cycle but you cant go richer. Your setup would benefit from bigger injectors. Not trying to knock your acheivemnet here. You car is rocking for sure. Just trying to point out the obvious so we all can learn how to go faster without blowing up.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

FYI- Lucas is no newb to cars, especially 4g63 equipped cars.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I know I did the math for you in a few spots. Really does not matter what the duty is as long as its a safe AFR.

You obviously no noting about E85 or Ethanol. What you say is true on Methonal.

If you would read on e85 you will find it is safe and makes better power close to a 12.0 on a gas WB.

There are only a few EVO's in the whole country that have ever ran E98. I am the 1st one in the NW to ever play with it in a EVO so I think I know what makes the power and stays safe.

You really should not talk about a fuel you have never played with and have not clue about. (I can tell you have not clue since you talk like its methonal) Hardly any cars in the country even run Ethanol and E85 is just geting started.

I can beleve you are giving me so much crap. You cant find this kida info on e85 or E98 any ware on the whole net. Someone with a brain would suck this info up and learn from it not tell some one there DC is close to 100% like its a bad thing

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
Actually anything over 90% duty and the injectors are wide open. 6000rpm =20ms for 2 revs of motor. Your at 100% duty right around 6000rpm according to your logs. Alky is very forgiving A/F wise, but it does make safer power at richer ratios. Sure you can go leaner to reduce duty cycle but you cant go richer. Your setup would benefit from bigger injectors. Not trying to knock your acheivemnet here. You car is rocking for sure. Just trying to point out the obvious so we all can learn how to go faster without blowing up.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I know I did the math for you in a few spots. Really does not matter what the duty is as long as its a safe AFR.

If you would read on e85 you will find it is safe and makes better power close to a 12.0 on a gas WB.

There are only a few EVO's in the whole country that have ever ran E98. I am the 1st one in the NW to ever play with it in a EVO so I think I know what makes the power and stays safe.

You really should not talk about a fuel you have never played with and have not clue about. (I can tell you have not clue since you talk like its methonal) Hardly any cars in the country even run Ethanol and E85 is just geting started.

I can beleve you are giving me so much crap. You cant find this kida info on e85 or E98 any ware on the whole net. Someone with a brain would suck this info up and learn from it not tell some one there DC is close to 100% like its a bad thing

Bolded that statement right there. Was having a similar convo on another forum recently. IDC means nothing once he can continue to adjust the AFR to his own requirements. He seems to be doing that ok...sure maybe if he goes and puts in a whole lot more mods, needs to run it richer and the AFR isn't moving...thats when he should worry about it.

Lucas, the numbers speak for themselves and once the car continues to run well this is a moot point in the end.

Last edited by codgi; Jun 17, 2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 10:04 PM

LOL ..... you tell him Lucas.... BTW it's your car, tune it the way you want to...
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Awww man! Congrats Lucas! Awesome Job! Is that jason over there =D
Old Jun 18, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Take it for whatever its worth. You cant adjust your a/f above 6k if your injector duty is above 100%. You can argue all you want but it is a simple fact. sorry I pointed it out to you.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
Take it for whatever its worth. You cant adjust your a/f above 6k if your injector duty is above 100%. You can argue all you want but it is a simple fact. sorry I pointed it out to you.
And who are you to try to tell somebody that has been around 4G63's longer than most people on this forum and has extensive knowledge and incredible tuning abilities. I wouldnt be giving somebody advice on E85 and IDC's until you have something to back up what you obviously have no clue on.

Last edited by dbsears; Jun 18, 2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
94AWD knows his stuff, he is on another board that I frequent. No need to question his skills or background. I think there was some panty bunching going on here that didnt need to, everyone other than him and Lucas need to just back off. IF they want to talk about it amongst themselves let them otherwise everyone else in this thread SHOULD be talking about Lucas 11.2 @ 121 if we can.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Just because the ECU says it 100%DC does not really mean it is. I can add or take away fuel right now If I want. I was runing 11.2AFRs friday night and the start of Sat and I leaned it out to 11.8's which is the log you see. I did the math on my other logs and thay say 105-110% DC.

I know on the DSM stuff once I get past 90% DC I almost lose fuel but the EVO just seems different.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
94AWD does know his stuff.......... He is old enough, and has been around the block MANY TIMES with the 4G63 and DSM's in general. I trust his word/knowledge.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 06:37 PM

Good run, good tuning, and a mighty good driver. Two thumbs up!
Old Jun 18, 2007, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Yeah Lucas I wasnt questioning you, just trying to keep everyone else on track. What I have noticed about Evo IDC at least as calculated by Evoscan is that it doesnt seem to support the actual flow rate of the Injector with the increase in fuel pressure relative to boost. Assuming that you have enough pump, your injectors will always act larger at higher fuel pressure. I believe (but havent been able to prove 100%) that EvoScan IDC is calculated relative to 43.5psi ONLY, where a DSM has other factors that are calculated in right?

EDIT- One other thing I thought of and posted in another IDC thread is that if you use EvoScan to calculate the IDC (which I dont think is how you guys are doing it, Lucas and 94AWD) it is based of scaling and pulsewidth not the actual injector size and pulsewidth. Also FIC850's are 85# per hour not 850cc at least as the urban myth goes...

85# x 10.5(conversion factor) = 892.5cc

Last edited by JohnBradley; Jun 18, 2007 at 08:02 PM.

Quick Reply: E85 11.2@121 stock '04 turbo SSL