Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Warning to those on Ft Lewis

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2007, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This state is so gay... It'll probably make you guys even more mad, but I'm one of those guys with the big truck and flowmasters. I haven't gotten pulled over yet and my truck is WAAAAAY louder than my Evo ever was... and I had a 3 in exhaust with no cat.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

the only thing they b*tch about on trucks, is if they are lifted, mudflaps... My superduty had a 6" lift and 37's, I would get pulled over almost once a week. It's definitely a case of discrimination and stereotyping. The only way it will change is to actually get up and do something about it. There was a post about this a while back and some one on here had contacts with a lawyer for SEMA. We should find out who he or she is and find out our course of action to remedy this problem.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
great with my new cams im gonna get tagged for sure when i get back from the sandbox in a few months
Old Jul 7, 2007, 11:15 AM
Account Disabled

Are you with 3rd?
Old Jul 8, 2007, 09:40 AM

xturd ferg,
thanks, but its not my mkI i just think it looks cool. my baby is in a thousand pieces and on a rotisserie right now. '77 panama brown rabbit.
cheers
Old Jul 9, 2007, 09:46 PM

Just an FYI - I did some case law research and found that the statue has been upheld in a court of law that an "excessive or unusal noise" can be determined by an officer who is in observation of his environment. However, it has only been upheld in the instance where the reason for a stop was brought into question when a more serious offense was on the docket. (i.e. possession of a deadly weapon, possession of a controlled substance)

Anotherwords, there are no current cases on recored of appeals or providing legal opinion, contested that is, that are specific to only a loud exhaust violation.

Basic conclusion - law enforcement use this and other new vague vehicle laws to legitimize the traffic stop of modified vehicles for no other reason than the fact that they are modified

Write to your representative and let them know you vote. Letting them know you do not care to be bundled into a group by some preconceived notion that all modified vehicles are wothy of traffic stops based on vague unconstitutional laws.

You do vote right?!!?
Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:20 AM

well i have been pulled over in my GTR like 4 times on post.

no front plate (doesnt come with one for this coutry)
loud exhaust ( huge 4 inch that is way to loud for me, but i tell em it is stock)

and i have been pulled over just because i am driving a skyline. F`in BS. i get harssed because he doesnt think i should have a car he cant have. MP`s are lame.

EVO Tweeker your points are very good. hiring a lawer for fedral court is spendy though. since your getting a ticket on GOV. prperty. you have to go to fedral court. witch takes for ever because they do all of the traffic violations last. and you are provided with free council.

yes it is a lwer in training, but it is still free. and the 3 tickets i have had to go to court for were all through out. 2 for expired tags ( 2 days apart) and the other was from a exhaust ticket.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

You drive a white one on post??
Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:58 AM

yea.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

I saw you the other day I have the GG IX MR w/JDM rear bummer. Your like down the street from were I work
Old Jul 11, 2007, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

dude I see your gtr everyday, that thing is sick, saw you driving it in lakewood one night, so clean
Old Jul 11, 2007, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

I like Harleys and many of them are really loud compared to our exhaust. The only difference (in terms of loudness) between Harleys and Evos is the country where it’s from. Put 90% of the Harleys next to my car, no one would know my car was even on.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by EVO Tweeker
Just an FYI - I did some case law research and found that the statue has been upheld in a court of law that an "excessive or unusal noise" can be determined by an officer who is in observation of his environment. However, it has only been upheld in the instance where the reason for a stop was brought into question when a more serious offense was on the docket. (i.e. possession of a deadly weapon, possession of a controlled substance)

Anotherwords, there are no current cases on recored of appeals or providing legal opinion, contested that is, that are specific to only a loud exhaust violation.

Basic conclusion - law enforcement use this and other new vague vehicle laws to legitimize the traffic stop of modified vehicles for no other reason than the fact that they are modified

Write to your representative and let them know you vote. Letting them know you do not care to be bundled into a group by some preconceived notion that all modified vehicles are wothy of traffic stops based on vague unconstitutional laws.

You do vote right?!!?
My brother got pulled over for his exhaust in his STi and is fighting it.... heck he talked to the governor about this law and how it was changed after it was passed. He also is fighting back because in kitsap, there is a subaru lagacy cop car with modified exhaust.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 09:22 AM

From what I understand, the law was originally set up to stop people from drilling holes in stock exhausts and stuff like that. "Modified" exhausts mean taking a legal exhaust (usually stock) and doing something to it. Replacing an exhaust is not modifying it or at least it wasn't...

Won't stop you from getting pulled over, but might help if it ever made it to court...
Old Jul 13, 2007, 09:29 AM

thanks for the cudo`s.

got followed by an MP for about 3 miles on post this morning. he was about 5-6 feet off my bumper the whole time. i pulled over and got out of the car and he drove past me.

dont know if they were being Dick`s or just wanted to check out the car. iether way pretty lame.

Quick Reply: Warning to those on Ft Lewis