Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Pina motorsports

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2007, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I will check it also but alot of the time Flashing does not reset the ECU. Like if you have a Check eng light it will not reset when you reflash. I have never had a car with the flag low enough to test it. I do know when its at a 100 though the low oct map never seems to make any difference in timing only the high. Which leads me to beleave that is why thay could adj the low oct map and make a difference.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
I actually wasnt going to post in this thread, but after thinking about it there are some things that probably bear being repeated and said.

Andre is NOT an AEM capable tuner. He doesnt tune his own car, let alone someone elses. Phillip who? I am not discounting that he might be capable of tuning an Evo, but as Codgi pointed out they are not off to a very good start by adjusting the wrong maps.

I wish them the best of luck but anyone that uses a tuner that doesnt post here, Activematrix, and has only had exposure to Evo tuning via a tutorial I wrote on another board (as far as I can tell, I am not saying this is 100% accurate) is possibly not your best choice to let tune your car. That quote from Andre if it is exactly what he said is troubling to me. It doesnt seem to portray other tuners as competent, betrays a serious lack of knowledge on his part, and the results dont really show that much was gained.

Chris, looking at your mods you should have easily been over 300whp at moderate boost. What is the boost you are currently set at? I am guessing that since you said without a boost controller you are just on the stock BCS? Lucas and I are both going to be at the races the 6th so one of us should probably take a peak for you just to see what has been done.

JB
Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes.. John and lucas gotta check out my evo. Better than sorry or be safe. And I want plan to add mbc on it. And I think I run 20psi I'm not sure. U guys can help me out .. I'm going to track too.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Andre dyno is a Hart break dyno from what I have seen so 270whp with no boost control (assuming you were under 20psi and not creeping to 22 or something) is really good. If your car was tuned in at 19-20psi a MBC with some small tuning changes should be a easy 300whp on his dyno.

I try my best to no talk down about other tuners and shops. I have seen lots of Als, Jester etc maps with lots of knock but I know the day that tuned them there were probably fine. I know most of the cars that were road tuned this winter will have knock in the summer.

When most of us tune you want the most hp capable at the time so that means any variable changes and the tune is off.

Tuning a EVO is not that hard with the software and tools we have.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 04:08 PM

One option I liked with John's flash was removing the metal restrictor pill about a half inch after the BCS in the stock line going to the wastegate. My boost gauge would spike 23psi and settle down to around 21 by redline. No MBC, still looks stock, and it's about as much boost as you would want to run on pump gas around here.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

I've been drinking for 7 days straight now, anyone want me to work on their evo? hell I'll even tune it for you. I've only got 3 beers left, so I will accept beer as payment to refill my stock
Old Jul 3, 2007, 05:31 PM
Account Disabled

Andre's quote

The other thing: On Javier's car. I cant believe that world one would charge $150 to flash someone's ecru with map that are not even tuned for their car.
We did not charge for this map. It was provided complimentarily at no charge. We told Javier at the time of his installation who the author of the map was. Javier had mentioned he was going to be tuned in a matter of days. The map was only to serve as a base until his tune. Any evo with 272 cams from cosworth or any other brand is definately going to need a tune in order to perform optimally.

How did Javier's car do for HP after all was said and done?

Last edited by WorldONE; Jul 3, 2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Javiar got 275hp. on cams.. I told javiar to get Cam Gears, Fuel pump and Better gas.. and it will over 350hp.

but Im sorry i dont bring Anyone in shop vs Shop War..

I love Garret and armin from W1 they are awesome and i would buy stuffs,
Andres at Pina good stuff at Dyno machines and other i donno
I always going to Axiom, Illtech, W1 and pina or many other shops.. I have no Agaist them.

I just want tell a story a Dyno day at pina, that all i do

Lucas or John.. Im plan to install MBC and install all T clamps cuz i got boost leak. this friday. and maybe lucas or john check out my Map and adjust? or something..

I should running on Track or Nay? i dont want Embrassment.. It will be my first time Drag
Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

I like the idea of the track. I would not worry about what you run don't even have to launch just go 1-4 and check logs adj and repeat.

Also it can help you run faster if you really don't care what you run and think about your driving and what you can do to make it better. It always seems if you are nervous and really expect a certain # it will cause you to drive bad and turn worse times and not really learn what you are doing wrong.

Once you have the launch and shifting down than racing others can help you focus on driving faster and harder.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lucas English
I like the idea of the track. I would not worry about what you run don't even have to launch just go 1-4 and check logs adj and repeat.

Also it can help you run faster if you really don't care what you run and think about your driving and what you can do to make it better. It always seems if you are nervous and really expect a certain # it will cause you to drive bad and turn worse times and not really learn what you are doing wrong.

Once you have the launch and shifting down than racing others can help you focus on driving faster and harder.
I always do better when nervous
Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

lol.. i guess ill get 24 foot of Silicon or rubber hose for MBC and get rendy and install this friday. i should set up 20 psi. i dont know what to do. maybe u guys help me out. and i belive Fun runs for 30$ and racer brackets is 40$
Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

20 psi is fine. I personally run 22 psi and have no issues at all
Old Jul 3, 2007, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

i have boost leak. damn cheap Clamp on LICP and UCIP. so im going get T clamps on it. and put MBC. maybe 22 psi
Old Jul 3, 2007, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

your boost leak may be from the couplers being the wrong sized. I have home depo clamps and I have run up to 23psi with no leaks.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

I would just get it on and working set to 19-20psi for now and we will slowly turn it up.

Quick Reply: Pina motorsports