Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Put your HIN Seattle Pics here!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok ok we will ask your mom next time
Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by haze1995
Did anyone read my post about using freeshare to host the pics? I want to see the pics too!
Sorry Haze,
I just didn't get around to it last night. I will try tonight.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:34 PM

huugh?? .....Mui mommie?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by deathinacan
politics bro... its almost always politics...

... he who knows the higher ranking judge, gets the bigger trophy...

but, just to be fair, I wouldnt want to win three quarter's of those awards anyways... what do you get for it? a couple hundred bucks, and a pat on the back? ... I dont know...

Unless you're really into the show scene, and you have thousands of dollars to put into a trailer queen that does nothing but go from show to show, then to a garage, only to be taken back out and polished once in a while... what the hell is the purpose in that?

I'm sorry but, I get tired of car shows quickly... its a bit too much glamour and hysteria over flashy crap... Some of it is cool, but ALOT of it is just the same old hoo haa stuff.

An all performance import car show would be awesome... complete with dyno competition, and pre-screened car entries... no 'show cars' allowed, no 'pimp my ride' blinged out ice... just purpose built performance cars...

... if its a daily driver, then so be it... -When someone approaches you, and asks you a question... You dont have to YELL at someone over the BOOMING stage to explain what you did or why you did it...

... I still prefer HIN over Global... Global sucks everytime we go there... ghetto fabulous...

Trust me, unless you're Team Exotik or Team Menace, you can pretty much give up hopes of winning a team trophy at HIN.

Any car winning ANYTHING at HIN is very difficult. There's too much politics, and too much focus on piddly paint, body work and ICE crap for any normal person to win. I just go for the fun of going.

- Patrick

HUH?

Last edited by outlaws69; Aug 7, 2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

***** are good
Old Aug 7, 2007, 06:41 PM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...15#post4620415
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by outlaws69
HUH?
Mitsubishi is a pretty low competition class. Most of the heavy competitors that were in that class used to run Eclipses with chromed suspension and wheel wells, $20k audio systems with custom fabrication, etc. etc.

I think Kory and I are mostly talking about the show as a whole. The Subaru class is very competitive any more (didn't used to be!) and they always tend to focus on ICE and bling more than performance.

For instance, I don't know your exact modlist and I didn't really look at your car at the show, but looking from here I think you lucked out on winning. For instance, stock intercooler is a big one. No real body mods except for bolt/tape on CF pieces. Most of you guys at the show were running basically stock interiors with maybe a shift knob, harness bar and some gauges. Stock brakes. Springs or coilovers? If you're on springs than I'd be really suprised.

Not dissing on your car at all, trust me, I'm just saying that it was surprising that it was your car that won it (even over Edison's with his full custom suspension and Ings+1 body kit) and I really would not expect a repeat win in the future unless you step up on the mod game. I know Edison is planning stuff for the future and my modlist by the end of this year should be pretty impressive.

Despite all of the naysaying Kory and I are doing, you guys are in the fortunate position of being in a class that is pretty low competition anymore. Be glad you don't own Subarus.

- Patrick
Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:10 AM

I second the all performance no show cars allowed car show!
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:52 PM

yeah I'm glad I don't have a Subaru, cause I own 1 every time they try to pass me
....I like them. I'm just glad I have my 4G63.

I'd love to go to a show that was Performance orientated ...like maybe a Show N Go contest ....where you get points for both ....I guess that'll kinda be BOTI, cause there will be a show N shine event too, but those who are racing won't have time to enter that event
Old Aug 8, 2007, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Vostok 7
Mitsubishi is a pretty low competition class. Most of the heavy competitors that were in that class used to run Eclipses with chromed suspension and wheel wells, $20k audio systems with custom fabrication, etc. etc.

I think Kory and I are mostly talking about the show as a whole. The Subaru class is very competitive any more (didn't used to be!) and they always tend to focus on ICE and bling more than performance.

For instance, I don't know your exact modlist and I didn't really look at your car at the show, but looking from here I think you lucked out on winning. For instance, stock intercooler is a big one. No real body mods except for bolt/tape on CF pieces. Most of you guys at the show were running basically stock interiors with maybe a shift knob, harness bar and some gauges. Stock brakes. Springs or coilovers? If you're on springs than I'd be really suprised.

Not dissing on your car at all, trust me, I'm just saying that it was surprising that it was your car that won it (even over Edison's with his full custom suspension and Ings+1 body kit) and I really would not expect a repeat win in the future unless you step up on the mod game. I know Edison is planning stuff for the future and my modlist by the end of this year should be pretty impressive.

Despite all of the naysaying Kory and I are doing, you guys are in the fortunate position of being in a class that is pretty low competition anymore. Be glad you don't own Subarus.

- Patrick
Thanks man!!! I am feeling so lucky I should get up and jump around on the street... you are right, I shouldn't win... I am thinking about selling the trophy on ebay and get some lunch money... You think your friend Edison wants to buy it... Want to get me some chinese food anyway...

Last edited by outlaws69; Aug 8, 2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 07:45 PM

Thanks man!!! I am feeling so lucky I should get up and jump around on the street... you are right, I shouldn't win... I am thinking about selling the trophy on ebay and get some lunch money... You think your friend Edison wants to buy it... Want to get me some chinese food anyway...
lunch money?
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Even though I do think your car is nice I think Ima agree with Vostok on this one. I didnt really see any evo's this year that really stood out (not saying that there weren't nice ones, there were just not real show caliber ones which is why I believe you took the win.) HIN is a car show and I definately believe $3000 KW3 clubsports and authentic Ings body kit is a little more appealing than a lip. But I bet your car is fast so that what matters

Last edited by dbsears; Aug 8, 2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:59 PM

double sorry]
Old Aug 8, 2007, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by dbsears87
Even though I do think your car is nice I think Ima agree with Vostok on this one. I didnt really see any evo's this year that really stood out. HIN is a car show and I definately believe $3000 KW3 clubsports and authentic Ings body kit is a little more appealing that a lip. But I bet your car is fast so that what matters
Just so you guys can stop guessing and put this to a rest. here is teastful list of mine. Not that I have to get approval or anything, because I am driving the hottest Mitsubishi... hahaha... B...a...m