Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

New info for Tacoma Krispy Kream Meet -

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2007, 03:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
lol...
Old Sep 30, 2007, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read the whole thing before flaming

This is a public establishment and if it stays open to the public during the time your going to be there... there is nothing you can do about someone showing up and buying stuff from the store and hanging out in the parking lot... even if they don't sign your little paper there isn't a damn thing you can do about it... it may be an agreement between you and the establishment for your group but as long as that person(s) is a customer in the store they can do as they see fit... maybe go back in get something to drink and use the restroom. You can't remove someone from a public parking lot especially if they are a customer to the place of business.

Ya'll are getting to high strung about this... I see the point behind the agreement as far as no asshattery within your group but if someone refused to sign your "contract" and they don't claim to be within group then you can't do anything about it... touch them or start telling them to leave and it becomes harassment or assault - You can tell them to leave but if they are a customer and just happened to pull into the middle of your 45 cars... then I guess your SOL for that spot. You start marking spots off and then your obstructing the flow of traffic or becoming and impedence to the public. You really have to look at the big picture and all the major laws involved.. the reason the cops are agreeing is because they know how many laws you could so easily break by "removing" someone.

This is a public establishment and the only way you could really put your "agreement" into full swing is to shut down the facility and rent it out for the night and then have people sign as they fill spots in the lot. At this point technically the parking lot is rented-out/reserved for you and your group but...

Here's another catch - now you would have to re-imburse KK for all the business they would lose for closing down their business and probably start charging people to come here. Now do you have permit to do this(if one is required)? What if someone gets hurt - is there is a clause in your agreement(if so do they agree that they will not put blame on you?) or do you have a large enough insurance policy to cover any possible accidents (vehicle or physical) being such a small lot? There is so much for you guys to think about instead of "Imma makeshift security guard that really has no power" and I can call the police - the police are harmless and technically useless if the only thing that is wrong is your butt hurts...

(all you, yours, are for reference only)

(In no way did I direct this toward any one person)

(If anyone takes offense this.. well I am genuinely sorry your upset, but you'll get over it)

(If you attempt to flame me on a personal or a grammatical lvl I will just at you!!!)

Thank you and have a wonderful rainy day!

Last edited by Optimus; Sep 30, 2007 at 09:55 AM. Reason: s on thank in last line removed!!
Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

wow.. optium have a point..

let have fun.. let cops be cops..
Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:47 AM
Account Disabled

Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

looks like this agreement bs is going down in flames
Old Sep 30, 2007, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

You might really want to look at laws regarding "Freedom to Assemble" If the lot is a privately owned lot than yes the owner of the lot can say you are not welcome, but if you are not on private property than you are infringing on someones Civil Rights by forcing them off the property. Especially if it is because they decline to sign that agreement.

I agree its a noble effort but you might want to get it checked out by a legal expert before you find yourselves in the middle of some "asshats" attempt to make money off of something that was meant to be a good thing.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 12:35 PM

good words, excellent points bro - Appreciate the constructive criticism - we didnt take any offense to the points you made. Critique is the only way you actually evolve into making a great foundation... discussion, intelligent arguments, and counter-reasoning helps alot to get things more rock solid.

As for the points you brought up, I'll have to address most of those at later time since I have alot on my hands today - I cant sit behind the computer all day while the swap meet people are sifting through my parts... I will be back online soon to discuss this further with you -

thank you again, and long story short, we have addressed about 80 percent of the issues you have brought up. We have a formal meeting with the district KK manager this thursday, and we'll have checks established to make sure that we're not too regulatory on the meets in their parking lot. We dont reduce their business because 75 percent of the customer flow past 8pm is through the drive thru anyways. as long as the people respect the patrons, there isnt any problem.

More to come later -

Kory

Originally Posted by Optimus
This is a public establishment and if it stays open to the public during the time your going to be there... there is nothing you can do about someone showing up and buying stuff from the store and hanging out in the parking lot... even if they don't sign your little paper there isn't a damn thing you can do about it... it may be an agreement between you and the establishment for your group but as long as that person(s) is a customer in the store they can do as they see fit... maybe go back in get something to drink and use the restroom. You can't remove someone from a public parking lot especially if they are a customer to the place of business.

Ya'll are getting to high strung about this... I see the point behind the agreement as far as no asshattery within your group but if someone refused to sign your "contract" and they don't claim to be within group then you can't do anything about it... touch them or start telling them to leave and it becomes harassment or assault - You can tell them to leave but if they are a customer and just happened to pull into the middle of your 45 cars... then I guess your SOL for that spot. You start marking spots off and then your obstructing the flow of traffic or becoming and impedence to the public. You really have to look at the big picture and all the major laws involved.. the reason the cops are agreeing is because they know how many laws you could so easily break by "removing" someone.

This is a public establishment and the only way you could really put your "agreement" into full swing is to shut down the facility and rent it out for the night and then have people sign as they fill spots in the lot. At this point technically the parking lot is rented-out/reserved for you and your group but...

Here's another catch - now you would have to re-imburse KK for all the business they would lose for closing down their business and probably start charging people to come here. Now do you have permit to do this(if one is required)? What if someone gets hurt - is there is a clause in your agreement(if so do they agree that they will not put blame on you?) or do you have a large enough insurance policy to cover any possible accidents (vehicle or physical) being such a small lot? There is so much for you guys to think about instead of "Imma makeshift security guard that really has no power" and I can call the police - the police are harmless and technically useless if the only thing that is wrong is your butt hurts...

(If anyone takes offense this.. well I am genuinely sorry your upset, but you'll get over it)

(If you attempt to flame me on a personal or a grammatical lvl I will just at you!!!)

Old Sep 30, 2007, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by uglyevo
looks like this agreement bs is going down in flames
random comments like this dont help anyone out - Sounds like you didnt even show up, so have you even looked at the agreement?

dont be so quick to jump to conclusions without checking things out for yourself.

kor
Old Sep 30, 2007, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Well if your already working on the finer details of things.. then all i can say is good luck and hope it works out for everyone...

Just be careful cuz it only takes one person to get some sand in their vageen to ruin a good thing...
Old Sep 30, 2007, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Did you read what I wrote? You stated exactly what I did in a hell of a lot more words. LOL!
Old Sep 30, 2007, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

lol i just skimmed through the other posts after reading the topic starter...

your right... i just got a little more in detail of what could go wrong...
Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mirage4g93
You might really want to look at laws regarding "Freedom to Assemble" If the lot is a privately owned lot than yes the owner of the lot can say you are not welcome, but if you are not on private property than you are infringing on someones Civil Rights by forcing them off the property. Especially if it is because they decline to sign that agreement.

I agree its a noble effort but you might want to get it checked out by a legal expert before you find yourselves in the middle of some "asshats" attempt to make money off of something that was meant to be a good thing.
This would be true if it is a public establishment. Both the Tacoma Mall and the KK is privately own buisnesses w/ privately own land which includes the parking that they freely allow the public to use too a certain extent. If there is an agreement made with the person in charge and the KK. Then there won't be a reimburment. Now we do have the right to "freedom of assembly" with "due process clause" under the first & fourhteenth amendment. But that applies to public places like the park or the streets of downtown. And as stated above on a privately own piece of land. We are under the owners discretion. Why should we let a group of people acting unsafely take over a spot that we and other people choice to hang out in peace. They are not winning the war, we are praticely handing it to them. Now someone has said why not we go to a different place?? Well way back in time the KK wasn't like this but skip a few years ahead and here we are. We can go at south center and that could be our new hang out spot untill the word gets out and the south center will be the new KK. It may not happen over night but it will.

Kory is on the right track taking a huge responsibilities only days after he got back from a deployment in iraq to ensure the safety and saintly of other car enthusiast. Lets help him to keep on doing what he does best.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 05:16 AM
Evolving Member

Kevin thats pretty much what I was saying. I'm from the other side of the state so I don't really know the area and what not. My post was based off the possibility that the KK is on leased public property as well as the possibility that it was private property.

Since it is private property as you are saying than yeah I don't really see there being a problem so long as there is an agreement between those resposible for the land use as well as the KK, which it sounds likes has all ready been established.

Hell you guys are lucky. If that many people got together anywhere in Spokane the Police are right there to break it up and send everyone on their way or face ticketing. But then, we have a seriously bad problem with "asshatitry" in Spokane so it doesn't suprise me.

Hope you guys can show how organization can bring some positive change to a culture that has so many negative connotations attached to it.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
as the world turns....
Old Oct 1, 2007, 10:07 AM

I am still not going to sign anything. I would also like to exercise my right as free man. I am going to come down and eat donuts until I can't fit into my EVO... Say something...

This whole thread is so highschool... kids...

If you go to TKK sign the dann paper... If you refused to sign the document, park in the other parking lot that's what I am giong to do if I go (I never do)or don't go... thats not the only spot to hang (you can always kick-it at home)... what are you guys eleventeens... So dump... That's why I have been hidding out, because of S^$# like this... I am kicking it in my livingroom.

Chewy

Quick Reply: New info for Tacoma Krispy Kream Meet -