Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Dealers for routine & warranty work?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2007, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealers for routine & warranty work?

I've searched, there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive thread rating the Puget Sound Mitsu dealerships for routine and warranty service.

And things seem to be changing, Walker's in Renton is now a Mazda dealership. And Mountain's reputation seems to have tanked based on recent threads.

What about Auburn Valley? Harbor Pt? Others?

From what I've read, it sounds like routine servicing, if you don't do it yourself, is best left to the independant shops. But what about warranty work?

thanks
Old Oct 22, 2007, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

take all your mods off and you should be fine, lol
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by aeroweenie
I've searched, there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive thread rating the Puget Sound Mitsu dealerships for routine and warranty service.

And things seem to be changing, Walker's in Renton is now a Mazda dealership. And Mountain's reputation seems to have tanked based on recent threads.

From what I've read, it sounds like routine servicing, if you don't do it yourself, is best left to the independant shops. But what about warranty work?

thanks
Wow...I didn't know that...maybe thats why they have stopped calling me trying to get my lancer to be traded in? . When did this happen?
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:06 PM

several weeks ago. Went there last friday and was like WTF? Same techs and service writers, just a switch over to mazda vehicles. WOOT, now there's no decent dealership to go to in western washington.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks

Walker's is definitely still a Mitsubishi dealer, just drive farther east. It's about a block south of where Rainer turns into 167. I had my car there 2 weeks ago.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Harbor Pt?

Absolutely not.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

GTisRule - it sounds like you're describing where Walker's Mitsu has always been (at least to my knowledge), on Grady Way just east of Rainier and North of I-405.

I talked to their service guy today, they'll still be able to service Mitsu's, still have the same techs. But a couple weeks from now, they won't be able to do any Mitsu warranty work, nor will they be able to sell any new Mitsus.

They are now a Mazda dealer.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GTisRule - it sounds like you're describing where Walker's Mitsu has always been (at least to my knowledge), on Grady Way just east of Rainier and North of I-405.

I talked to their service guy today, they'll still be able to service Mitsu's, still have the same techs. But a couple weeks from now, they won't be able to do any Mitsu warranty work, nor will they be able to sell any new Mitsus.

They are now a Mazda dealer.
Yeah, called there yesterday... really pisses me off.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:16 AM

Yup. I had a warranty issue with my belts making a pulsing noise. But they couldn't diagnose it in time. Now that they've OFFICIALLY been removed from Mitsubishi as a dealership, they can no longer provide any warranty work.

Poop.