Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

I Evolved...(Got an X)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Evolved...(Got an X)

OK

I originally set out to look for an EVO IX. I had pretty much sold my 05 and was looking to get a IX SE because I honestly thought that it was the ULTIMATE EVO!! So I head over to Beaverton Mitsu. I was greeted by a nice guy (Jeff) who seemed to be well versed in the EVO itself and the community. So, I inquired about a IX, which they didn't have. Now, I've been pretty skeptical about the having read many reviews, seen many videos, and read many-a-many pro's and con's threads. Jeff says "wanna drive an X?". I responded "no thanks, not really interested" (my honest first response... lol, later on I realized what I did and was like WTF was I thinking.... they're offering me to drive an X and I say NO? lol) After a couple of minutes I said "oh what the heck, why not."

As I waited for him to get the keys, I sat down in the BLUE fully loaded GSR they have on their showroom floor. Immediately I noticed the interior, although simple, was very elegant, not BMW elegant, but a more Acura elegant. Next, I realized that the seats were very snug and actually felt WAY better than my VIII's. The seats no question are by far the best seats in the EVO thus far, even better than the IX's. Steering wheels on cars are pretty imortant for me, as most, and I have to admit I did not like the the wheel as it sat there because it seemed like it was heavy and not quite up to par with the Momo.

We got in the car, turned it on, and let it warm up for 5-7 mins before we started our/my test drive. The engine sound seemed pretty similar to my VIII, I probably would not be able to tell the difference between the 2 just listening to them. Long story short... O M G. lol. I was totaly wrong about the steering wheel. It works GREAT, it still feels very light and it's very easy to turn. Car felt more refined and comfortable, seemed like it was a different car.. not an EVO. As soon as you hit that throttle, you are reminded that it is infact an EVO and it does not have mercy... lol.

So anyways, the test drive was over and I was now between a IX and definitely considering an X. I was not pressured at all to stay and talk about numbers or forced to do any paperwork, the staff at the dealership was pretty cool to talk to. They seemed to like the EVO as much as I do. I told them I needed to go sleep on it and see what my wife says.

The next day we (wife and I) talk it out and decided that if we could get a reasonable price on the new car, why not got for it. So, we went back to Beaverton Mitsu and sat at the table.... lol. You would normally insert horror stories here... lol. Not this time, they were very upfront with what they could and would... and so was I and about a 30mins of negotiating we came to an agreement that left both of us similing (but me more.. lol) and confident that the deal was reasonable. If you are even considering looking at a EVO X, these guys had about 7 on the lot and a couple more in the back... selection was great, I got exactly what color/combo I wanted (WW GSR SSS).

Alrighty,

Now a quick review of the car. I cannot believe how I could have doubted this car, it is AMAZING. Many people write reviews and tell you the the handling is just astonishing, I think it's an understatement. The way this car handles is just insane. Imagine when you first threw your EVO in a corner and was like DAMN this thing is AWESOME.. never felt anything like it... Now imagine that, plut add bout 10-15 more mph and the car is even more so solid throughout the turn... that's how fricken wicked that handling on this car is.

The quickness, acceleration, speed. I would rate this as almost identical to my VIII in stock form. The spool is very quick and you can definitely feel more torque in the lower RPMS. As the evo's before it, it does seem to lose some juice once you come close to redline. For the freeway the car is way better, the spool is quicker than the VIII and you don't have to downshift from 5th to 4th to pass.

The noise in the cabin is still pretty loud, although quieter than the VIII.

The looks are personal preference... but it's really grown. In person the car really lets you know that it's not kidding around... looks VERY aggressive and I love that.

k, as most of you can tell by now, I'm very tired and beginning to ramble on probably not making much sense... lol, i'll stop here.

I have pic, but my dumbass don't know how to post em up.. if someone will give me their email, i'll just send them the pics and they could post em up for me.. that would be awesome... night all, and feel free to ask any questions, i'll answer the best i can..

TY

I think I got the pics to work.. These were all taken last night after I got home. I will take some more in daylight later today or tomorrow.

Last edited by gotevo?; Feb 9, 2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: add pics
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

Good to see converts from older evos..........

The hate that was portrayed here in the forums seems to have evaporated lol....

I never once had a doubt about the X.... Good thing mitsu knows what they are doing still atleast with their flagship...

Hopefully the brother ralliart will live up and destroy the wrx lol

The X looks wicked... looks aggressive as hell and compared to an 8 looks way more modern, almost makes the 8 look a little cheap.

I had an 8 and that is my oppinion
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

cool glad that your happy...
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how about u show us some pics!
Old Feb 9, 2008, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

I would love to show you guys some pics... I honestly don't know how to post em, if anyone would give me their email i would just send them over to you and you can post them if you know how... thx
Old Feb 9, 2008, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

go to photo bucket
then you can get them from your pictures
Old Feb 9, 2008, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

1. imageshack or photobucket to host if you dont have your own spot to do so
2. cut and paste info above sites give you to post in forums
3. or use [img]blahblahlocation[/img] to post pixxors
Old Feb 9, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

I will add more withing the hour, but now duty calls... lol
Old Feb 9, 2008, 08:20 AM

Here they are

Old Feb 9, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

i noticed you didnt post how much your "GOOD" deal was on it. soooooo, how much did they mark you up for?

Last edited by Turbojunkie; Feb 9, 2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great looking car...Congrats. White would be the only color I would consider going with the X. Supa Sexy
Old Feb 9, 2008, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zbomb
Great looking car...Congrats. White would be the only color I would consider going with the X. Supa Sexy
+11 congrats
Old Feb 9, 2008, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

congrats on the new car!
Old Feb 9, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats man i LOVE THE WHITE! im goin to look at one next week and maybe it will end up in my hands
Old Feb 9, 2008, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Turbojunkie, the reason I didn't post what I paid for it is because I don't want to give the dealership any more folks like me... lol expecting to pay exactly what I paid for it. Trust me if they wouldn't have met my demands.. it never would have happened. I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way.

MrSwa, TY for posting the pics man... lol, I need to deff learn this stuff... thx man

Quick Reply: I Evolved...(Got an X)