Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Emissions FTL?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hanahawaiian
i got trouble for speed that all
lol man i swear.. from all the stories i've heard come out of your mouth, i think you're lying. u just want to sound cool and say u got a ticket... haha jk jk.

but going on about emissions. i don't think it'd be that big of a problem. i haven't gotten mine done yet, but i haven't gotten shiet from police so i think i'm good. i have a straight buschur.. no cat no silencer.
Old May 13, 2008, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's some misinformation following this thread regarding the Cat...

The HUGE fine imposed (I think it's $25,000 not $2,500) is for removal of the catyletic converter. Aka, a EPA officer would literally need to drive up while you have the cat in your hand. This is in place to be sure that muffler shops are not doing the work since the majorty of exhaust work is done at a shop.

As far as Washington State, on newer cars they OBD-II it, if there's no codes, on your way you go.
Old May 13, 2008, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first time for emissions on any car is 5 years from the year the car was made. you have a 2006, so your first emissions will be in 2011. then every 2 years after that. my car was put back to stock before emissions. so I wouldn't know how to go around it if it fails.

Originally Posted by tyre11c0rp
hey all

got some work done to my 06 / IX SE, and am now catless. What are the laws in Seattle?

- when is the first time I have to do emissions?

- can I be issued a 'fix it' ticket for cat-less, while simply driving around? or only at emissions testing.

- what methods do people use to pass emissions (change registered address? or as long as the computer reports 'ok', they won't check for a cat?)? Currently registered to my downtown seattle address.

- i have no resonator / 2nd muffler.. so it's damn loud. I only say this because it's going to make people want to punish me

thanks all for the thoughts