Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Les Schwab messed up my rim! What to do?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Les Schwab messed up my rim! What to do?

Ok so I got a nail in one of my tires and I went to Scwabs by Washington square to get it taken out. They did it fine but as soon as I got hom eI noticed that there was a huge curb mark on the rim on the inner lip where the rim sits on the machine while they take off the tire. I am very mad as these Lancer Evo rims are $541 a rim from the dealer. My fiancee was there as a witness and knows that they did this to. There is no way in hell you could have done this by backing into a curb and I know it wasnt there until they did it. Do you think they will pay for a new rim for me or should I contact my lawyer and take it to small claims court? I have plenty of evidence including before and after pictures.

Let me know what you guys think.

Chris
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

NOPE !

You took it home w/o proper inspection. It is technically your responsibility. Your word against theirs. Your lady does not count because of a subconcious bias opinion that is in your favor.

Sorry dude. Guys here seal there stuff all the time. Check the evo tech or general. There is a place that sells used/ refurb evo8 rims for 250.00 ea.

AAArims.com I think?????
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

damint This really pisses me off, I geuss I will never go there again.
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dude **** Les Schwab. They can suck my left nut. Pardon my french, but seriously, I really hate them.

They wont even balance a tire for you, if you didnt buy it from them.

They wont give you an alignment, if you didnt purchase your wheels and tires from them.

Even if you say youll sign anything they want to just mount and balance a tire, they wont do it.

They suck. Period.
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

weird les schwab is usually really good but ya your word vs theres wouldnt hurt to ask would it? (call them)
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
You can get rims resurfaced for around 70 bucks. You don't have to buy a new rim. Check around.
Old Aug 12, 2003, 04:07 PM

I say throw a ****in rage dude! That would **** me way the hell off...les shwab is a janky place anyway, i try not to go to the one by my house because all the guys that work there are the guys that dropped out of high school, so it just goes to show you the knowledge they bring to handlin your rims. WOuld you want some weed smokin drunk ever night showin up to work hung over or high drop out in his 20's workin on your car, I didnt think so. Id take it back...some stories to make ya feel better, I took my car there once back in the day, and all my back pain medications were stolen outa my glove box and a few cd's from my case were jacked, and another time my ex took his car there, and they stole his cologne and i think his sun glasses he had in there. what a bunch of ****ers.
Old Aug 12, 2003, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

I am sure they work with a wheel repair company. They can fix wheels to look brand new for fractions of the price for a new one. Trust me these companies will impress you and you WILL NOT know it's been fixed. This might be an alternative ?
Old Aug 12, 2003, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by atlvalet
You can get rims resurfaced for around 70 bucks. You don't have to buy a new rim. Check around.
ahh. someone beat me to it !
Old Aug 13, 2003, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Aww ****, dude. I love my LesSchwab guys. Have you called them to see what they have to say? Maybe they know someone who'll do the resurface on the cheap
Old Aug 13, 2003, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

There is nothing you can say to convince me otherwise: Les Schwab bites. Just go to them and ask to get, say, Eibach Pro-Kit springs installed on your car. The guy quoted me $489. $489!!!! You know that "free" beef they give away has be paid for somehow. Give 'em hell.
Old Aug 13, 2003, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

the rim finish must be soft cus mine got some scuff marks too from the tire machine to inspect a nail puncture. sorry to hear dood.
Old Aug 13, 2003, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

These wheels are major soft. They mark real easy. As for Les Schwab, I have had nothing but good with them.

In the past, several different Les Schwab stores have fixed flats for free, rotated tires for free. None of the tires were bought from them. I always make a point to keep my keys, pull the car on the rack myself and stay with it the whole time. But, that's me.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 03:47 PM

Id probably screw up my wheels more if I drove it myself onto the rack ;o) hahaha
Old Aug 14, 2003, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Chameleon
Id probably screw up my wheels more if I drove it myself onto the rack ;o) hahaha
Nah, I've seen you drive. You'd do fine.