Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Clutch Doctors can burn while I watch. (juicy rant)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2008 | 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

Clutch Doctors can burn while I watch. (juicy rant)

I needed my transfer case fluid changed, so I bring it to the only shop I have time to get to. Brought it to the one on 216th in Lynnwood. I didn't bring it back to the one in Everett because they told me that, by changing the transmission fluid, the transfer case fluid was changed as well. That should have turned me off to the entire chain, but alas.

These hick-*** white trash mother****ers drained my god damned transmission and started filling it with the transfer case fluid. It was by my own suspicion of incompetence that I managed to catch and prevent future catastrophe. So they fill it with Redline MTL (comp'd, but still. the tech said the container I gave him said Transmission) and do the transfer case fluid swap.

I get home and make sure they put everything back. I open the hood and my ****ing air filter is just sitting there. (They took it off so they could fill the damned transmission). The clamp isn't even tightened. Now I'm pissed off.

On my way back from dropping a friend off tonight, I notice that even though I had removed the container of transfer case fluid from my back seat, I couldn't help but still smell the fumes. I park my car and look under and there's ****ing oil all over the crossmember (?) under the passenger side axle. Like all over it. What. The. ****.

I ****ing hate this god damned state. Every shop I could throw my trust at is too ****ing far away. All the dealerships that were close to me are ****ing gone. The dealership I bought my car from is gone. What the **** am I supposed to do with this ****ing car? I don't have the space to do my own work or even the inclination to learn even if I had it.

So now what? I don't even dare drive my car now. My transfer case was already whining in 4th-5th-6th and now these walking abortions at Clutch Doctors may have neglected to put a bolt back in just like they neglected to even clamp down my damned air filter. Hooray.

****ing hooray.
Old Jun 19, 2008 | 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

I feel your pain.

Go back and tell them the issue, they should refill it.
By the way, on the MR you need to fill the fluids, run the car at 25 mph and then go back and refill (both tranny and transfer).
Old Jun 19, 2008 | 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

Next time, plan ahead and make it to a real shop.
Old Jun 19, 2008 | 07:36 AM

That does sucks... I found myself going back to the dealer for scheduled services time and time again because I do not trust any local little oil charged shop. Shops like English Racing and WOP for the big after market stuff. I do most of the work on my car myself because I live far from all the dealers and shop as well.

My car is now under the care of English Racing. A review will be posted in later day when business transition is completed, but so far is nothing but 5 stars services from them. Burlington dealer (karmart) is a go place to be as far as service, still its far from you. WOP, I have parts purchased and installed by them about 3 years ago and they are still working like champs so... that should mean something...

I agree that you have to plan ahead for service unless you have a tow truck, I have tow my car to shops 3 times because of my lack of planning so my baby can be with good hands...

Once again, I feel your pain with the little local shop... can't trust anyone now a days... sad story.
Old Jun 19, 2008 | 11:11 AM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Navy

Thanks the lord that I have some friends in Bellingham that own 20:20 customs, and i am able to use their lift on slow days to do stuff like that... Just changed my oil, tranny, t-case and rear diff fluid last weekend. I also installed my innovate LC-1 while I was there!
Old Jun 19, 2008 | 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

so do you really have to change it or is it how much you love ur car...?
Old Jun 19, 2008 | 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

so do you really have to change it or is it how much you love ur car...?
Wait what?

Their pump was broken so they managed to spill a decent amount of fluid on the...cross member? and around the frame or something. Some of it was dripping onto my exhaust, which was causing the smell.

I'm still pissed, but now have nothing to focus it on >..>
Old Jun 19, 2008 | 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

If you did not run at 25 mph and came back to refill, you have less oil than required, specially bad on the MR.

But glad that it was jus the smell and not a leak.
Old Jun 19, 2008 | 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saev
Wait what?

Their pump was broken so they managed to spill a decent amount of fluid on the...cross member? and around the frame or something. Some of it was dripping onto my exhaust, which was causing the smell.

I'm still pissed, but now have nothing to focus it on >..>
Is your TC whining only when you let off the gas at above about 50mph?
Old Jun 19, 2008 | 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

during accel, not decel.
Old Jun 19, 2008 | 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

u should hit me up.. i do all transfer case and tranny fluid change by myself.. and Never had problems... i use AMSoil tranny fluid and OEM T case fluid n Rear axel diff (Diaqueen LSD n Gear oil)
Old Jun 19, 2008 | 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

u gotta to lawsuit or tell refund and getu new Tcase!