Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Dyno results??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wayne99gsr
a friend just asked me a question that I can't answer.. he said is there any chance his car will blow up on the dyno???
A dyno is more stressful on a car than driving on the street so yes there is a chance you can blow up a motor on the dyno. We almost saw mine go that way today but I was very fortunate that Lucas shut it down when he did. I personally will not let anyone run my car on a dyno other than Lucas or myself.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hanahawaiian
lol alrighty see u tomorrow, im going bed! and drive friend's evo RS white.
ok. your name is Chris? right my name is Wayne. you'll see me when I get there. I'll be drive a white Evo 8 with black axis wheels.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 12:00 AM

hey chris thanks for the info.

I think i've been taking really good care of it... when it's not on the track

ya I'm completely down with Lucas English Racing: they've done all the work since stock.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

yes my name is chris... and im deaf and asian.. my White GSR 9 is down and wait for sheptrans rebuild IX tranny and sheptran Stage 3 Tcase coming wed or thursday!
i might drive buddy RS IX
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

I put down 316 hp and 297 tq with the crappy intake and a high flow cat on my exhaust. im going to get rid of those eventually, get a wide band and real boost guage and go from there.

All in all though, I'm happy, the mods I've added in the past week or so all seem to work seamlessly now and it's nice to have that.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

dont get an red FP.. it silly only 30whp add.. get Green or HTA green.. or save for 3076HTA ETS or 35R ETS or P 57 or P 61 turbo tims...

i think Fp green or FP Green HTA (best)...
dont get White or Red, it silly.
Its accually the other way around. Dont get the green, even tho that is a nice option and can make good power, but the red it next "BIG" thing. should prove to be one the best bolt ons made so far. I think the red will make big power on e-85
Old Jul 20, 2008, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

dont get an red FP.. it silly only 30whp add.. get Green or HTA green.. or save for 3076HTA ETS or 35R ETS or P 57 or P 61 turbo tims...

it hard to get 400whp on stock turbo... so im try to get 400whp without racing gas and meth on it.. i havent blow up my turbo.. it been good turbo..

I would go 3076 HTA for quicker spooler than 35R lag spooling..

mostly smoking.. beacuse blew turbo that cant handle more power.. and plus i think not proper care turbo? u let cool before turn off engine.. Turbo need cool after hard drive or drive longer prior times.. or turbo timer is very help..

I have Evo IX turbo snice I bought Evo IX brand new and now i put 48k on motor n turbo and havent fail on me yet.. and i race alot (drag n lapping) and drive hard like crazy bastard lol

i think Fp green or FP Green HTA (best)...
dont get White or Red, it silly.

No such thing as HTA FP GREEN
Old Jul 20, 2008, 08:26 AM

I'm actually more interested in performance characteristics that support track time (flat curve, quick spool, moderate power), than big numbers (spikey or narrow curve, or longers spool time).

it sounds like maybe just replacing with the stocker is good for now.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

YES jake there HTA FP Green! dude..
Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Jake here go!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ight=HTA+green
Old Jul 20, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

and it was a huge flop... There are only 2 bolt on turbos worthy and its the green and red. GST tested the white vs IX turbo and to me it was also a flop.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is no HTA Green Chris. It turned into the FP White which is basically the stock turbo with the 68mm HTA wheel which did almost nothing.

There is the Green or the Red. Green=quick spool and extra 20-30whp on pump. FP Red flows more than a 3076R. Has 500whp potential.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
There is no HTA Green Chris. It turned into the FP White which is basically the stock turbo with the 68mm HTA wheel which did almost nothing.

There is the Green or the Red. Green=quick spool and extra 20-30whp on pump. FP Red flows more than a 3076R. Has 500whp potential.
Thank you.

Chris, how come ur not textin me man, im in the hospital still
Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

sorry jake been work other white evo RS IX...

well i alrendy talk alot alot tuner think red is ok.. 3076 HTA is more better. and plus Red only 500Whp on RACING GAS.. not pump.. if pump prob 400ish whp..

3076 HTA over 450whp on pump.. i been study n research for almost 6 months.. i could be wrong or right.. it dont matter.. i can learn mistake or learn something new... it part of life
3076 HTA more spooling at 1500 to 2000 rpm with good tuning at pump fuel..

me and some members agree think red is waste of money.. but we like FP and they do amazed delvopment on turbo set up.. i just drove FP green on RS.., HOLY sheezzz spooling faster than stock IX... wow! im almost get Green for my ix BUT i rather wait for ETS 3076 HTA..

Chris
Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Chris, thanks for putting us onto using Drift Office and I cant wait to get back onto your car as well.

Alan, the white looks like it will be a good track turbo upgrade actually.

Freddy, sorry about the bad luck man. Need to get a set of cams down the road and get the cam sensor flipped back around. I thought we got 312? Maybe not, the exhaust was choking me out a touch so I am hazy on some runs.

Ajay, it was a pleasure to meet you and get a chance to work on your car before you get restationed.

Daniel, you had some crappy luck too, but you had the highest torque on that dyno and it was nice to hang out with you again (long distance award as well...came all the way from the tri-cities).

Kevin and Mike basically made almost the same power...congrats to both of you as well.

Everyone else that was road tuned or showed up thanks again and hope to see you at future events.

Bob and Crew at Drift office...thanks for another wonderful event. I really cant say enough about you guys and the excellent work enviroment you provide for us.

Billy thanks for organizing this dyno day

Sam congrats on the 353...it was a ***** to get, but I am pretty sure that was the highest stock turbo this weekend...on PUMP too.

Everyone I missed so far that still needs thanked and congratulated please remind me