Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

car show/gtg

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2003, 01:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attached Thumbnails car show/gtg-tlnw-3.jpg  
Old Aug 31, 2003, 01:49 AM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails car show/gtg-audi-2.jpg  
Old Aug 31, 2003, 01:52 AM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails car show/gtg-audi-3.jpg  
Old Aug 31, 2003, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Last pic for now. This is my interior setup, GT3 playing. Anyone want more pics of the show?
Attached Thumbnails car show/gtg-my-interior.jpg  
Old Aug 31, 2003, 08:15 PM

Thumbs up GREAT pics!

I want to thank everyone that showed up! I want to also thank the vendors who helped put this all together by giving us stuff to give away! The Show part went pretty well, and I have to say there were some pretty cool cars there... Overall I really enjoyed it, it was a challenge judging all the cars but we pretty much judged the show according to the guidelines given to us by Mospeed. (Thanks Mospeed!)

Now with all that said, I will get to the important stuff... The Show did pretty well, I would call it a very successful day! At this point I believe after paying all the expenses (Trophies, Flyers, Food, and any other little items) we came out with just a tad over $2,000 to donate!

NOW This did not take into account the extra cost of the insurance, HOWEVER Chad from www.RockBlocker.com said he would pick up a large portion of the $375 cost of the insurance with my employer www.AHBL.com picking up the remainder SO Hopefully this will all work out!

Now in addition I have a sneaking suspicion that the Principals at my place of employment are each going to kick in a nice chunk of money, hopefully pushing the total to $2,500 +

So THANKS AGAIN, for all the support! This was a great event as far as I am concerned! I appreciate the Lancer crew for coming out in such force! If your the religious type, God Bless all of you! If your not, then A big thanks to all of you!

I hope everyone got some freebies, only thing I am wondering is how as the promoter of this gig, I walked away with nothing more than a couple 12 packs of Diet Pepsi Vanilla? No Duffle Bag, No Meguiars detail kit, No Hat... NOTHING lol Oh well it was all well worth it and I am VERY, VERY happy to have been able to pull this off with only a few minor snags!

Thanks again everyone!!! Hopefully we can do something similar next summer some time! (Not 100% sure I'll be promoting that one but I will definitely help out in any way I can!! )

OH and another thing, ghostrider, if I can get some more pics that would be GREAT! If possible Email me and I will get some info from you and mail you a CD with a self addressed Stamped envelope and you can burn them for me... (26.4k connection owns me... )

Last edited by HiFiWRX; Aug 31, 2003 at 08:18 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

I'm totally down for next year's show! Speaking for everyone, we all had a blast at the show, with the only qualm being that it took a little while longer to get the judging finished up. Gotta love that heat!

Nothing a little more planning won't take care of, and I'm sure future shows will only get better. It was definitely fun hanging with the Soobie crowd. I was all smiles seeing a gang of em going down I-5 to the show. Here's to a successful show and hopefully more success in the future .
Old Sep 2, 2003, 12:10 PM

Originally posted by ghostrider
with the only qualm being that it took a little while longer to get the judging finished up. Gotta love that heat! ...

Nothing a little more planning won't take care of, and I'm sure future shows will only get better.... .
I agree 100% The Judging should be done a little earlier and a little differently IMHO, we used guidelines set forth by Mospeed which worked well I think but it just takes a while to get it done... So Next time we judge earlier for sure!

Thanks again for the comments, I appreciate any and all input! We are also greatful that your group helpped make this a big success!