Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

does korum mitsubishi do good work?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does korum mitsubishi do good work?

i just dropped my car off today and found out my brake pads are toast and eating into the rotors. i have a warranty with national but it doesnt cover the brake job I also found out my transfercase is shot. now i bought my car in april at detroit autoworks in lynnwood and i also bought the warranty the car was already modded. I had korum do a full inspection on the car still waiting for the rest of the results. now i am a engineer on a fishing boat in alaska i just got back last saturday i left july 15th i put only about 3000 miles on it the two months i drove it, is the dealership i bought car for still liable for the car? i mean i only drove for two months and the breaks go to crap. How much is the new rotors and pads gonna cost me a ball park figure i will keep you guys posted as soon as find out the rest of the damage

Last edited by yellowrocket; Nov 18, 2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old Nov 18, 2008, 04:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Brake pads and rotors are a ware item, there is no one that is liable for them. The transfer case on the other hand your warranty should cover.

What is all done to the car? small mods shouldn't void the warranty
Old Nov 18, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yellowrocket
i just dropped my car off today and found out my brake pads are toast and eating into the rotors. i have a warranty with national but it doesnt cover the brake job I also found out my transfercase is shot. now i bought my car in april at detroit autoworks in lynnwood and i also bought the warranty the car was already modded. I had korum do a full inspection on the car still waiting for the rest of the results. now i am a engineer on a fishing boat in alaska i just got back last saturday i left july 15th i put only about 3000 miles on it the two months i drove it, is the dealership i bought car for still liable for the car? i mean i only drove for two months and the breaks go to crap. How much is the new rotors and pads gonna cost me a ball park figure i will keep you guys posted as soon as find out the rest of the damage
They do good work but beware of the district manager...you have more than a catback and you will have trouble...been there done that. I still go there because Jason is a good tech.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

I called them once about set up a schedule for a valve adjustment. they sound like very nice over the phone.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 08:42 PM

how much to get my pads and rotors done? How much is a transfercase cost anyhow?
Old Nov 18, 2008, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

how much to get my pads and rotors done? How much is a transfercase cost anyhow?
Transfer case... hope you got a couple grand!
Old Nov 18, 2008, 09:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dbsears
They do good work but beware of the district manager...you have more than a catback and you will have trouble...been there done that. I still go there because Jason is a good tech.

He is not talking about a factory warranty so there would be no need for a DM to get involved. They will ether honor your warranty or they wont. If they will not go back to the dealership you bought the car from and demand they get your car fixed or face a lawsuit
Old Nov 19, 2008, 01:20 AM

good to know. Planning on buying an X from them.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 01:49 AM
Evolved Member

I go to the mitsubishi in olympia, absolutely no probs and I'm very well modded LOL
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:52 PM

update national warranty is replacing my tranfer case (4600 brand new ) . I just have to eat up the 1640 for the rotors and pads. Hey I am also a victim of detroit auto works in lynnwood i bought my evo there in april. Ill keep you guys posted
Old Nov 22, 2008, 06:12 AM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mitsubishi has a new district manager. I haven't even met him to be honest so I dont know what he is like.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
update national warranty is replacing my tranfer case (4600 brand new ) . I just have to eat up the 1640 for the rotors and pads. Hey I am also a victim of detroit auto works in lynnwood i bought my evo there in april. Ill keep you guys posted
I have a full set of used rotors that had about 15k on them I'd sell ya for $150 Pads run about $300 all the way around. Brakes on Evo's take about 1 hour to do, it's so easy.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Burce titus Olympia Mitsubishi is better.. and RUSSELL is Part dept manager via internet.. both are BEST... Korum i went once.. ugh... and Auburn is wrost, Evertte ios wrost too. i havent went Yorkie Mitsu yet. most alot Mitsu shut down.

Karmart mitsu, Mountain Mitsu, Walker Mitsu, etc shut down or bankqucty