Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Good lord I hate WSP. Modified exhaust ticket.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yahu
^Cop also called my car a subaru when he was referring to my exhaust loudness. I told him it is not a subaru it is a Mitsubishi. He said "I don't care what it is, there is no way that is the stock exhaust!" He also wrote the ticket for driving illegally in the HOV lane, after I pointed out that I had a person in the backseat (my 2 year old), and illegal taillights (was running VIII's at the time. I had my JDM rears in a box next to me (installed them later that day) and let him know the "clear" taillights were legal. All charges dropped; including the 95 in a 60, which was also BS (he said he paced me for a mile at that speed).
95 in a 60 and he paced you at this!? your either really unaware of your ur suroundings or he full of crap! I'm going to go with him being full of crap!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

that is pretty much what the judge thought too.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

In california , those cops were ****.... even its a fix it ticket,,its still expensive as XXXX!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

In WA, it can't be modified to be louder than stock. It can bean oe replacement as someone mentioned. I've read of people fighting these in court. Its the cops perception that it is louder than stoc but he has no idea what every car sunds like stock. Argue that in court, it will get thrown out without any sort of decibal comparison which none of them can do. Ask the clerk for a notorized copy of the ruling and keep it in your glove box for next time a wsp gets cute with u. I've read a lot of people have done this and it works.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 02:05 PM

so my question is, is there any way to do a recording of your exhaust and test the level compared to a stock exhaust? Because if you have a resonated exhaust and it is one that isnt very aggressive to start that could be a decent way to get a judge to throw it out.... Here in boise if the cop even thinks the exhaust looks aftermarket, they pull you over for it now...
Old Jul 23, 2011, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

lol funny thing kinda, talking with the sherriff yesterday there was a break in in the house next door and they caught the kid. I was coming home to find 4 police cars in front of my house. 3 of the officers were looking at the vinyls on the back of the evo and one asked whats it mean, gladly told him the amount of times id been pulled over. We got into talking about it and he ran my plates for the hell of it. He was saying that they never give tickets and the state patrol hand out the majority of "bull****" tickets like the exhaust, garbage bag in car, and junk like that. it was funny about his exact words. but he clearly stated that the state patrol makes the majority of those tickets that make the police look bad in our community.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 04:26 AM
Evolving Member

BTW its not that its louder than stock its if its a modified exhaust they can give you a ticket. yes they have ways of testing, no dont ask them to... if they dont test then in court it cant be proven
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:23 PM

i got papers from the mitsu dealership saying mine exhaust is not louder then a stock evo it basically tells the cops to go suck themselves
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

^well played sir, well played indeed. i hope this works for you!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:15 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by gt35R_evo
i got papers from the mitsu dealership saying mine exhaust is not louder then a stock evo it basically tells the cops to go suck themselves
Isn't the law about modifying the exhaust vs decibels?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by migs647
Isn't the law about modifying the exhaust vs decibels?
Where I'm located they only care about how loud it is, because no cop has a decibel meter in there car, so they play it by ear. I've been pulled over three times for it in the last month and just get harassed about my car. Then when im driving around I dont see a single honda with a cut off exhaust or a rice cannon pulled over
Old Jul 31, 2011, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Well I fell victim to this today. I purchased a evo yesterday and managed to get pulled by Benton County sheriff coming out of boat races.

The officer tells me he appreciates me not drinking at boat races and being honest with him by telling him that I had just purchased the vehicle not even 24 hours prior but still hands me a $134 ticket.

Cited as violation statue 46.37.390.3.1 Modified exhaust 1st offense
Old Jul 31, 2011, 09:56 PM

That sucks.. Thanks for making me paranoid to drive to tri-cities lol.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gt35R_evo
So how did this turn out for you?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by droppinbottom
So how did this turn out for you?
i haven't paid a exhaust ticket since i did that

Quick Reply: Good lord I hate WSP. Modified exhaust ticket.