Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

PDXmas Tuner Bash Results & Pics!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NWEvoViii
I'm not trying to copy your guys look. When I wanted to get the Chargespeed kit, I didn't even know Alvin had it on his car. I've just been looking in the show and shine section and saw what I liked. Looking at the Voltex thread in that section, There are many people who run the Chargespeed kit w/ the Voltex rear.

I don't want this to become like a huge issue because we'll have 3 Evo's in the same state that look the same or that its like I'm copying your image.

I don't see much Evo's around the Olympia area and most of those around here are stock. I don't travel to Seattle much either, So the only ones who know that there are 3 Evo's that look the same will be the people on this forum.
You dont need to justify your self to anyone. Buy anything you want for your car. If others have a problem with it, who's problem is it? Not yours.

Be sure to post pictures after you get it installed.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man so much hostility...
Old Dec 9, 2008, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, let me put in my 2 cents on this before it gets out of hand and I don't want to hear people speaking for me. I'll speak for myself on this one. I can careless about what people do to their car, but opinions are something that always floats around. People will look at your car and say whether it's nice or not. And so here's my opinion on this topic.

I will be the first to admit (and speak openly here about) that I got the idea of going with the CS sides and Voltex rear from looking at Wick'edNEvo's car. I always complimented him and give him props whenever I can because it was (and still) is a model car for me since it's so well done. I feel like it's the right thing to do because he gave me the idea. Provided he live in SoCal and I didn't do *everything* he did, etc. I didn't want to follow someone else's lead for the NW. My personal opinion is that I will strive to be the first to go with a certain style/layout for my car. I am proud to be the first person to do it and everyone else that do it after I will be straight up and say I'm flattered because the following someone else's lead is the sincerest form of flattery.

I'm not gonna lie I was a little irritated when I first realized I won't be the only one with Advan RSs or the CS kit or the Voltex diffuser and that Randy is doing the same thing very soon. But after a short few minutes to get over my own ego, I realized that everyone will end up having similar parts sooner or later, so all I should feel is happy that I was the first. Just like with the whole Alvin's wheels thing which put a little fun and good humor into the forum

Onto NWEvoViii's car, I do think he's got a good idea of what a clean ride should be. However, let's be real here, why do we all mod our cars? Because we want it to be unique and special right? We all take pride walking towards our cars realizing it's so different than everyone else's and I think that's where Randy is uneasy knowing someone is doing the same thing he is and I understand that, it'll happen to everyone. Just imagine if someone has the exact same mods as you out there, and then add another car.

Finally, NWEvoViii, how I see it is you got the right ideas in mind and NO ONE can tell you how to mod your car. Put something that spells "you" into the car and make it just a little different than another's and it'll be fine. I'm not worried about that. Just like how I regretted that I sold my Advans to Randy, but I'm not gonna go and purchase another set unless I was in a real big bind and it was a steal. Although being twins is fun and all I do want mine to stand out from his. So I ended up getting different wheels just to spice things up.

I'll always be changing my cars and doing my things so if anyone comes after and wants to try the same parts, I'll be happy to show them what I got. It'll most likely be different by next year anyways Let's hug it out biatches haha.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Nicely said Alvin. Group hug anyone? Lets pass out the !
Old Dec 9, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Guess we just took things the wrong way. I really don't want to start anything. It was just a thought from me. I really don't care anymore. Pass the and lets get Hugging!
Old Dec 9, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

I don't drink (by choice) but I'll always grab a redbull and be DD haha
Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alvinhuyn
I don't drink (by choice) but I'll always grab a redbull and be DD haha
Alvin, you're the 5th evo guys that I knew doesn't drink. Same thing as Arnold, he can drink 2 or 3 those large energy drinks but no alcohol at all.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wayne99gsr
Alvin, you're the 5th evo guys that I knew doesn't drink. Same thing as Arnold, he can drink 2 or 3 those large energy drinks but no alcohol at all.
Haha yeah, it's funny because my Dad never drink his whole life and gave up smoking when he was 30 so I grew up not wanting to drink/smoke either. I guess I'm one of those type of people who don't find alcohol tasty - lucky me because I can save money for more mods haha
Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:46 PM

Old Dec 9, 2008, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Haha yeah, it's funny because my Dad never drink his whole life and gave up smoking when he was 30 so I grew up not wanting to drink/smoke either. I guess I'm one of those type of people who don't find alcohol tasty - lucky me because I can save money for more mods haha
Yeah, thats a good thing!! Alcohol is expensive.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, let me put in my 2 cents on this before it gets out of hand and I don't want to hear people speaking for me. I'll speak for myself on this one. I can careless about what people do to their car, but opinions are something that always floats around. People will look at your car and say whether it's nice or not. And so here's my opinion on this topic.

I will be the first to admit (and speak openly here about) that I got the idea of going with the CS sides and Voltex rear from looking at Wick'edNEvo's car. I always complimented him and give him props whenever I can because it was (and still) is a model car for me since it's so well done. I feel like it's the right thing to do because he gave me the idea. Provided he live in SoCal and I didn't do *everything* he did, etc. I didn't want to follow someone else's lead for the NW. My personal opinion is that I will strive to be the first to go with a certain style/layout for my car. I am proud to be the first person to do it and everyone else that do it after I will be straight up and say I'm flattered because the following someone else's lead is the sincerest form of flattery.

I'm not gonna lie I was a little irritated when I first realized I won't be the only one with Advan RSs or the CS kit or the Voltex diffuser and that Randy is doing the same thing very soon. But after a short few minutes to get over my own ego, I realized that everyone will end up having similar parts sooner or later, so all I should feel is happy that I was the first. Just like with the whole Alvin's wheels thing which put a little fun and good humor into the forum

Onto NWEvoViii's car, I do think he's got a good idea of what a clean ride should be. However, let's be real here, why do we all mod our cars? Because we want it to be unique and special right? We all take pride walking towards our cars realizing it's so different than everyone else's and I think that's where Randy is uneasy knowing someone is doing the same thing he is and I understand that, it'll happen to everyone. Just imagine if someone has the exact same mods as you out there, and then add another car.

Finally, NWEvoViii, how I see it is you got the right ideas in mind and NO ONE can tell you how to mod your car. Put something that spells "you" into the car and make it just a little different than another's and it'll be fine. I'm not worried about that. Just like how I regretted that I sold my Advans to Randy, but I'm not gonna go and purchase another set unless I was in a real big bind and it was a steal. Although being twins is fun and all I do want mine to stand out from his. So I ended up getting different wheels just to spice things up.

I'll always be changing my cars and doing my things so if anyone comes after and wants to try the same parts, I'll be happy to show them what I got. It'll most likely be different by next year anyways Let's hug it out biatches haha.
I don't think anyone could of said it better.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scandalous
Old Dec 10, 2008, 02:01 AM
Evolving Member

Yes at least someone listened to me

Originally Posted by WWEVO206
Thanks alot guys for the support. Yepp the MR are in force once again.

Kevin-Thanks for the tips you gave me about car shows.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:58 AM

Now for an event recap with OFFICIAL numbers:
- 205 registered vehicles – that’s a 20% increase from last year’s show!
- 1,380 toys donated to Toys for Tots
- $1,370 also donated to Toys for Tots

Head over to http://www.pdxine.com/pdxmas08
and check out their OFFICAL event coverage of the event!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 02:17 PM

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update, the trophies for Alvin and James have been shipped out and tracking has been forwarded. The weather here in the Northwest combined with the holidays put a hold on us getting the trophies out, but they are on their way. Thanks again for helping make this years PDXmas Tuner Bash a great one!

Cheers,
Matt T.