Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Head tech valley mitsubishi..... tobias..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
You can use the same map as a starting point, not a final map of course. If you were a tuner YOU'D know that. So are you calling Jake a liar? There is at least one thing to talk about, and thats the people I know and trust saying you have said the opposite to THEIR face. Thats what I am interested in. I could give 2 shakes if you are tuning cars and even using my maps as a base (remember Lucas and I share all of our maps) but the fact that you have been called out by people that dont claim to just have heard this, but been told this by you.

Then you call me and tell me its BS. So is Jake lying? Is Bob lying? Are the other people lying that I have heard this from? I dont like drama either but I like liars even less.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the Deal and The Truth!

I want to inform everyone here on the forums of the what is the real truth in regards to this whole ordeal. Earlier this year, I replaced Alex's clutch for him. A week later, Alex asked me for my help to install a new GReddy Profec B, into his car. So after work on a Friday nite, I immediately got off work, and installed the boost controller at his house. I informed Alek that I'll cut him a break and that I'll only charge him $100 for the install. He says that he doesn't have the money right now and that he'll pay me later. I said okay and Alex has been good to his word in the past and I honored it. On that Sunday, Alex calls me and says that his car is broke. He informed me that he thinks that there is something wrong with the clutch. I stopped what I was doing with my family and went to his location. I called my buddy that help me do Alex's clutch and informed him of Alex's ordeal. Both me and my buddy got to Pacific Raceway's and looked at Alex's car. I talked to Alex and asked what happen. He told me that he was at the staging light and going to launch his car. He Two-Stepped it, and he heard a loud band and the car go. He told me that he left his ACD in Snow Mode. Both my buddy and I shook our heads in debelief of what he did.

I offered to Alex that he gets it towed to a place and I'll come over and help him put everything back to stock and try to get it covered under warranty at the dealership. So I did come over and help him, by putting everything back to stock. The car was then towed to the dealership. I went out my way to help him and his car. I pulled the transfer case assembly out and inspected it. Found the gearing inside the transfer case was broken in three spots. Since the damage wasn't covered under warranty, I only charged Alex two-hours worth of work. When I could've charged more for the job, but I didn't. I was doing him a favor and help save a few hundred dollars. I boxed everything up and put it into his car. The car was then picked up by a tow truck and that was the last I saw his car when it left the dealership.

I called Alex in the following months to get a update on his financial situation on getting his car up and running. It was always the same: he didn't have a job and his parents weren't going to help. Then, during the mean time, he starts going out and buying upgrades for his car. After several months of showing interest, I get a call from Alex and he was wondering if I can help him pull his transmission out so he can sell his clutch set-up to a friend of ours. I told him that when I am available time that I'll come over and help. Some time has passed since I talked to Alex and he ask how come the tranny won't seperate from the engine. I told him that the wedge collar needs to be "popped". Or in layman terms, the throw-out bearing needs to be seperated from the snap-ring on the clutch pressure plate. I informed him that he needs a long flat-head tipped screw driver to "pop" it out. Then several months went by and Alex calls me to see if I can help him by putting the tranny back in and install his rebuilt transfer case. Again, I informed him that I'll see when I have time available. Both of our schedules conflicted partly because I have a son and my child is top priority! Yes, there are times that he calls me and I cannot answer. It isn't because I don't want to talk to him, but it's because I'm with my wife and son. Forgive me for being a jerk, but heaven forbid I put my family ahead of Alex and his situation! I didn't create the problem; he did! Nor did I start something and not finish it (aka tranny case).

Best Wishes!!!

Tobias
Old Dec 20, 2008, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MitsuGuy30
I want to inform everyone here on the forums of the what is the real truth in regards to this whole ordeal. Earlier this year, I replaced Alex's clutch for him. A week later, Alex asked me for my help to install a new GReddy Profec B, into his car. So after work on a Friday nite, I immediately got off work, and installed the boost controller at his house. I informed Alek that I'll cut him a break and that I'll only charge him $100 for the install. He says that he doesn't have the money right now and that he'll pay me later. I said okay and Alex has been good to his word in the past and I honored it. On that Sunday, Alex calls me and says that his car is broke. He informed me that he thinks that there is something wrong with the clutch. I stopped what I was doing with my family and went to his location. I called my buddy that help me do Alex's clutch and informed him of Alex's ordeal. Both me and my buddy got to Pacific Raceway's and looked at Alex's car. I talked to Alex and asked what happen. He told me that he was at the staging light and going to launch his car. He Two-Stepped it, and he heard a loud band and the car go. He told me that he left his ACD in Snow Mode. Both my buddy and I shook our heads in debelief of what he did.

I offered to Alex that he gets it towed to a place and I'll come over and help him put everything back to stock and try to get it covered under warranty at the dealership. So I did come over and help him, by putting everything back to stock. The car was then towed to the dealership. I went out my way to help him and his car. I pulled the transfer case assembly out and inspected it. Found the gearing inside the transfer case was broken in three spots. Since the damage wasn't covered under warranty, I only charged Alex two-hours worth of work. When I could've charged more for the job, but I didn't. I was doing him a favor and help save a few hundred dollars. I boxed everything up and put it into his car. The car was then picked up by a tow truck and that was the last I saw his car when it left the dealership.

I called Alex in the following months to get a update on his financial situation on getting his car up and running. It was always the same: he didn't have a job and his parents weren't going to help. Then, during the mean time, he starts going out and buying upgrades for his car. After several months of showing interest, I get a call from Alex and he was wondering if I can help him pull his transmission out so he can sell his clutch set-up to a friend of ours. I told him that when I am available time that I'll come over and help. Some time has passed since I talked to Alex and he ask how come the tranny won't seperate from the engine. I told him that the wedge collar needs to be "popped". Or in layman terms, the throw-out bearing needs to be seperated from the snap-ring on the clutch pressure plate. I informed him that he needs a long flat-head tipped screw driver to "pop" it out. Then several months went by and Alex calls me to see if I can help him by putting the tranny back in and install his rebuilt transfer case. Again, I informed him that I'll see when I have time available. Both of our schedules conflicted partly because I have a son and my child is top priority! Yes, there are times that he calls me and I cannot answer. It isn't because I don't want to talk to him, but it's because I'm with my wife and son. Forgive me for being a jerk, but heaven forbid I put my family ahead of Alex and his situation! I didn't create the problem; he did! Nor did I start something and not finish it (aka tranny case).

Best Wishes!!!

Tobias
So Alex, whats going on here? Whats the truth?
Old Dec 20, 2008, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

No one will ever know the truth except those two.

The sad part about internet forums is when one person makes a post bashing a shop/mechanic/whatever, even if its a 100% lie, 99% of the time everyone else on the forum jumps on the bashing bandwagon not even knowing the real story.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

This thread has gotten out of hand.

I should have never made this thread after only hearing one side of the story. I have talked to both parties and they can handle it for all I care.

Alex and Tobias, I apologize for putting your business out there and making this public. At the time it seemed like the right thing to do.

Tobias, thanks for the call and explaining things to me, where I should have never made the thread with out hearing your side of the story. I learned from this and will know better next time. So there for, I apologize

Next, I do not know what story is true, and I never will. I am not going to take a side and again, I never should have. But learn from mistakes right?

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

^word, sounds like both sides are @ fault though...
Old Dec 20, 2008, 11:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Glad to hear that instead of handling it like adults threats of violence are being made