Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Place to get an oil change...

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Place to get an oil change...

It seems so trivial, right? I have always done the fluid changes myself. But since I moved out here I have no place to do it since I live in an apartment. Plus, I can't find a Mitsubishi dealership anywhere around Seattle to get an OEM Oil Filter (and I'm not going to use a FRAM one).

Anyone suggest where I should go to get this done? I don't want to take my car to the yahoos at jiffy lube or a place like that. Does anyone know where a Mitsubishi dealership even is around Seattle? Thanks in advance!
Old May 4, 2009, 10:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is one between kent and renton, i would just contact Russel at Mitsuparts and stock up on them.
Old May 4, 2009, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

OEM oil filter you can just get one at younker mitsu. which is in renton. not that far away from seattle. exactly where in seattle do you live like north or south?
Old May 4, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

do you have a link to mitsuparts? cause both mitsuparts.net and mitsuparts.com are not what i'm looking for.... thanks
Old May 4, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bamboo_08
OEM oil filter you can just get one at younker mitsu. which is in renton. not that far away from seattle. exactly where in seattle do you live like north or south?
South Lake Union
Old May 4, 2009, 11:13 AM
Former Sponsor

they have there own sub forum here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...ts-net-wa-238/
Old May 4, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

yeah so about a 30 min drive down to younker. which is just right next to the IKEA if you know where that's at. btw it's mitsubishiparts.net
Old May 4, 2009, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bamboo_08
yeah so about a 30 min drive down to younker. which is just right next to the IKEA if you know where that's at. btw it's mitsubishiparts.net
Its actually around the corner from IKEA. Next to the Keg, across the street from the movie theaters.
Old May 4, 2009, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

I live in apartments and change my oil in my parking spot, not to bad.
Old May 4, 2009, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by importjake00
I live in apartments and change my oil in my parking spot, not to bad.
I agree, I change my oil all the time in my apartment complex and as long as you dont make a mess it should be fine.
Old May 4, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just buy Wix filters (NAPA gold). They are larger and filter down to a smaller micron vs the OEM. The OEM use to be Denso but it isn't anymore.

You can take your own oil and filter and have Mitsu change it. I used to do that at Korum and it was only like $15. I mainly did it just so I could have a service record but it was pointless driving 70miles just to get my oils changed.

I'd just go buy $20 ramps at shucks and do it yourself in the parking spot. Saves you money and don't have to worry about some yahoo at Mitsu dickin with your car. Theres alot of performance shops that could do it in your area but they probably charge atleast $30+ just for labor.

Last edited by dbsears; May 4, 2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old May 5, 2009, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goucho
It seems so trivial, right? I have always done the fluid changes myself. But since I moved out here I have no place to do it since I live in an apartment. Plus, I can't find a Mitsubishi dealership anywhere around Seattle to get an OEM Oil Filter (and I'm not going to use a FRAM one).

Anyone suggest where I should go to get this done? I don't want to take my car to the yahoos at jiffy lube or a place like that. Does anyone know where a Mitsubishi dealership even is around Seattle? Thanks in advance!
If you want somebody to do it for you, try WestWerks - they're good guys.
Old May 5, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

if you want somebody to do it for you, try westwerks - they're good guys.
+1
Old May 5, 2009, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

So I went to Yonkers Mitsubishi and they wanted to charge me $79.95 for it. The service guy could see my reaction when he said that, so he said he'd give me a $10 discount. So I'm just going to do it myself. It's real tight in my Apartment garage, so it'll be tricky, but to save $40+ i'll make it work.

Originally Posted by dbsears
I'd just go buy $20 ramps at shucks and do it yourself in the parking spot. Saves you money and don't have to worry about some yahoo at Mitsu dickin with your car.
Are these the Rhino Ramps? Also, does anyone know who'll take old oil? thanks for the advice
Old May 5, 2009, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by goucho
So I went to Yonkers Mitsubishi and they wanted to charge me $79.95 for it. The service guy could see my reaction when he said that, so he said he'd give me a $10 discount. So I'm just going to do it myself. It's real tight in my Apartment garage, so it'll be tricky, but to save $40+ i'll make it work.

Are these the Rhino Ramps? Also, does anyone know who'll take old oil? thanks for the advice
Any schucks will take it.

Quick Reply: Place to get an oil change...