Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

English Racing Summer Dyno N Tune v. Up North - August 1st & 2nd

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think they can tune most but I know they carry the AEM and I believe they have an extra failsafe. As far as %, it is really up to you as they will tune for whatever. At first I went 50/50 but then I changed to 100% so that I wasn't leaving anything on the table, so to speak.

I went with 100% because it is easier to pick up straight 100% and not deal with mixing (not a major issue) and the fact that if you aren't in boost constantly then 1 gallon will last a long time. The only issues with 100% are theoretically it is harsher on the fittings, seals, etc.

The worst thing that you can do with meth installed is not run the pump as you don't want it sitting in the system. Kind of like a hottub, the worst thing that you can do is not use it.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
We'll tune any meth kit on the market. We will not tune 100% water as water is fail, 50/50 is the lowest concentration really worth doing.

Sak- We setup a dyno day when it is convienent for us and as many of our customers as possible. I regret that you had a BBQ, but unless you are having a BBQ both days, the people that would go to your function still can and then sign up for the other day. Vendors sell things, and since we dont sell BBQ's this is what we do.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 08:50 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Thread cleaned, stickied, updated.

Please stay on topic.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm down for Saturday Aaron and Freddie and I will see you Friday the 3rd of July around 1000 or 1100 for my tune! Hope to get more than 378 this time! lol See you then. Thanks
Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Caesar
I was just kidding guys, calm down. I'm only about the bling, not the power, some of you know that.
and you know stickers not only add bling but 100whp per. so now you can be about both lol
Old Jun 24, 2009, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

To JohnBradley:

I think what Zak said was basically to the point of, if you had already told someone you were going to be somewhere, and then setup something else for the same date and time, have some courtesy and let them know.
I don't believe he said anything about what you were doing, rather than ask the person what the deal was, as their is a couple other people setting things up with you as well, they just had the courtesy to do it on the opposing day.

I am sure he didn't think you were doing it to spite him on that day, to think that is kind of stupid, but anyways. Again the courtesy is what he was inquiring, when you are trying to plan something to accommodate and feed a certain amount of people it helps to know who is coming, not who you think is coming but actually planning on attending something else. Get it?

I don't know if you were trying to be a smart as* during your reply but that's the way I read it, and as much good stuff as I have heard about English, I hope that's not the attitude the shop carry's.

And if that was not your intentions then I apologize, but you might re-arrange your wording next time, because that's what it sounded like.

And to Billy, sorry that was not on topic, but I felt a little offended by the post, so I was compelled to reply. Apologies.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know what Sak meant but I do know that it is easy to take things out of context in email, text, posts on a forum, etc. I certainly took the post by Sak as a dig at ER and (he specifically mentioned the vendor, not the individual poster) and had a comment that was cleaned up.

I suggest we keep things clean as this is completely off topic and unnecessary (which is why WSB cleaned it up). We're all big kids and can coordinate for our own specific needs whether it be the BBQ, the dyno day, or both.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 06:41 PM

It was just unfortunate since all the Evo guys are always complaining of small gatherings or not enough. Trying to put on a big event WITHOUT another vendor trying to sell somthing or make another meet is still very difficult, but adding that to the equation just makes for a less turnout. All I was saying. Nothing against English Racing, On the flip side of it if they had it on THEIR own weekend as well, they might have even more customers as there is not two events taking place the same weekend. Not everyone has Saturdays off of work either. I hope the vendors get what they are looking for as far as revenue. So before we all jump to conclusions lets read the post. Just a mere comment that was made, and a question of another member, as he was trying to be in two places at once.

-Zak
Old Jun 24, 2009, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sak
Just a mere comment that was made, and a question of another member, as he was trying to be in two places at once.
-Zak
Or he made a simple mistake that seems to have been taken to an extreme.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Just drop it guys. I'm sure there will be a good turn out at each meet/dyno day.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor

list updated
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

Put me down for saturday for a retune. I should have my cosi m2's on and my hopefully newly acquried ets intercooler. If I'm really lucky and some how run into a lot of money andluck between now and then e85... but lets go retune for now!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor

got you on the list!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 05:24 PM

Please put me down for two spots on saturday. My brother and I will be dynoing our cars. My bro will be a new tune for his car, and I will be a retune. Thanks Billy. (this is jason btw)
Old Jun 30, 2009, 05:32 PM
Former Sponsor

got you on the list!

Quick Reply: English Racing Summer Dyno N Tune v. Up North - August 1st & 2nd