Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alderwood Mall Security Prick Rant

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2009, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Move on up to what? Police? Not just from putting in time on the security.

Or maybe, hell, I don't know.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:23 AM

I remember when I had an issue with one of those morons. Seriously, when I walk through the mall and see how SMALL these "security" guys are, I chuckle. What the hell are they going to do when someone steals something twice thier size? The security guards they have there are little punks on a power trip. The last one that tried saying anything to me, I told him to "go find something better to do rent-a-cop" he tried asking me for my information, and I just kept walking. Told me to stop, just kept going. They have no authority, the only authority they have is the local PD when the call them over. I would have ignored the guy and kept taking pictures until the cop got there. Private property or not, if you shop there you have every right to be there. If the theater is open, you have every right to be there. Esp if its taking pictures in front of the theater!

Again though, cops are a waste of tax money. You ask them for help and they don't give it to citizens. Your tax dollars just try to write you stupid tickets for no front license plates, tinted license plate cover, loud exhaust, etc. Then they wonder why the community has no respect for them when they show up.

I even had to deal with the stupid rent-a-cops back when I held a meet there 2 years ago when I have over 50 PEOPLE go in for lunch after everyone arrived. If that's not contributing to the mall, I don't know what is, there was no one at the mall we went to the top to take some nice sunshine pictures and they kicked us out.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by x569
The "Show for a cause" was Saturday, and the security was probably pissed off that so many of them were up on the top floor organizing and then coming down the ramps fast at times, squeeling there tires, Revving, Hittin' the bov, etc...So today they picked on you.

I was actually up there at 6am two weekends ago taking photos and didn't get bothered. Thats why I go so early.

Here are a few photos from the event July 11.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25631244@N06/?saved=1
that might have been it.....nice solidworks models. how defined are the models? Did you design the internals?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sak
I remember when I had an issue with one of those morons. Seriously, when I walk through the mall and see how SMALL these "security" guys are, I chuckle. What the hell are they going to do when someone steals something twice thier size? The security guards they have there are little punks on a power trip. The last one that tried saying anything to me, I told him to "go find something better to do rent-a-cop" he tried asking me for my information, and I just kept walking. Told me to stop, just kept going. They have no authority, the only authority they have is the local PD when the call them over. I would have ignored the guy and kept taking pictures until the cop got there. Private property or not, if you shop there you have every right to be there. If the theater is open, you have every right to be there. Esp if its taking pictures in front of the theater!

Again though, cops are a waste of tax money. You ask them for help and they don't give it to citizens. Your tax dollars just try to write you stupid tickets for no front license plates, tinted license plate cover, loud exhaust, etc. Then they wonder why the community has no respect for them when they show up.

I even had to deal with the stupid rent-a-cops back when I held a meet there 2 years ago when I have over 50 PEOPLE go in for lunch after everyone arrived. If that's not contributing to the mall, I don't know what is, there was no one at the mall we went to the top to take some nice sunshine pictures and they kicked us out.
lol I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks that way.. ...LOL I was worried the cop was going to give me **** about not having my front license plate, but he never mentioned it...
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

^I passed by a cop close to Costco in Kirkland and he popped out of his hidey hole. I remembered I had just got my tabs in the mail but didn't put them on, and sure enough that was the reason for the pull over. Thankfully he didn't harass me for illegal tint or the lack of a front license plate.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:34 PM

The front license plate thing is a joke. Sooo many cars no days don't come with the from factory, escalades, corvettes, even MOST exotics. Kinda funny. Just another reason to harass.

The tint thing is dumb as well, I always tell them, this is the way I bought my car.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

If you're a veteran, get Veteran Plates. They never mess with me.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

^That is the way to go! I actually haven't ever gotten messed with for tint or front plate. I just know people that have and I'm waiting to get pulled over by a real ***** of a cop!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
idk... yeah he was a dick, but if someone asks you to leave when they are security... It's not exactly your place to question what you can and can't do on their property.

The video was hillarious!

Next time try complimenting, apologizing, and then finally thanking him for not taking matters into his own hands. (be overly nice... as to mock him)