Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alderwood Mall Security Prick Rant

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2009, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Alderwood Mall Security ***** Rant

So last night sometime between 9:00 and 10:00, I went to the Lowes parking garage at the mall to take some shots of my car. My wife and I were getting the camera set up for the last couple shots and I looked behind me and two of the security guards had snuck up to within 5 feet of us. We were like, um ok, can we help you. The loser security guy asked us what we were up to and if he could help us....hmm the tripod and the camera probably didn't give it away huh...So I told them we were taking pictures and no we didn't need "help". So he proceeds to put his hands on his belt and like some scene out of supertroopers he says,"you are on private property, you are not allowed to take pictures so get out of here and leave." The way way he said it was so over the top that we thought he was attempting to be funny so we started messing with the camera settings again. That must of hurt his budding authority figure because then he started yelling , "oh, you're not going to leave, how about I call the cops." oooo you're going to call someone with real authority since you have none. I told him to go ahead and call the cops, I have nothing to hide and did nothing wrong. At this point the situation was getting stupid ridiculous so my wife and I packed up the camera gear. Of course being a typical dumbass, he took that as an invitation to start the typical chest-pumping comments that cowards make once their adversary turns their back, like "oh, are you finally going to be quiet and do what I told you?" At this point the "backup" in the form of another guy in one of their Escapes came tearing up through the parking garage nad screeched to a halt. The guy runs around behind my car and called my plates in. so I walked up to the mouthy one and asked him for his name. He got crazy defensive, and told me he didn't know me and why did I need his name. I told him that he was rude and not conducting himself properly and that I wanted to tell his supervisor about by experience. He told me he wouldn't tell me his name and why would he treat me with respect he didn't know me... I told him that since he didn't know me that was the exact reason why he SHOULD treat me with respect. throughout this whole time his partner hadn't said a word. So I told him I would just wait for his supervisor, who the third guy in the escape had gone to get. SO then the mouthy one goes off to the corner to talk to his partner and "get their stories straight". at this point the cop showed up, talked to the security guy and then came over and talk to me. You could tell he thought it ridiculous that he was even here. He asked me for my license and asked me how my night was going apart from this. He called in my name, gave me back my license and then told me to have a good night and handed me off to the security supervisor that had come up. I explained to her what had happened and she told me that I wasn't allowed to be there because the mall had closed and that I was loitering. at this point some poor guys decided to peel out on in the parking garage, they must not have seen the cop car next to my car, so the cop ran off to see what they were up to. So the gal supervisor told me in the future if one of her "officers" comes up and asks me to leave, that I should just leave and that if I want to complain to her then I could find her and do that. So I asked her if they had badge numbers likke real cops, since they don't give out their names. She tells me no, that I could just describe him to her. So i asked the lady, "so this parking garage is closed even though the movie theater is still open?" So she said, if you were over there, then you would be fine...so then she asked me what brought me to the mall, and I said that I was just taking some long exposure shots. So she said, " oh you were never at the movie theater, you are just trying to argue with me." I had hoped that the supervisor would have a little more intelect than her subjugates, but I guess not. At this point I just got into my car and drove off.....

So yeah, I know it's long, and sounds silly, heck I thought it was ridiculous...maybe I should have just turned tail and let the guy have his little power trip, but there are only so many times that you can respond to situations like that in that manner and not start feeling like a punk Bi&^H... end of rant
Old Jul 12, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

That's some crazy sh*t bro. I know some people think they are high authority and tell you to do something like slave or piece of sh*t but man whatever makes them happy right. f`cking a`shole.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta love security guards, and no the supervisor wont have any more brains, that's why their security.

Alderwood is a joke.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

thats some stupid s**t. when we met up there before the XXX meet there was a couple of them that just had to come up there to see why there were cars parked in their parking lot? they just have nothing better to do.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 02:30 PM

Thats what wana be cops are all about,im glad that wasnt me bro,i might of ended up in the cop car! After i was done with the wana be
Old Jul 12, 2009, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

securitas? FTL
lol
ive had problems now, alderwood, bell sq, and tukwila
Old Jul 12, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And here is the video of the security guard at his previous job.

Old Jul 12, 2009, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by spdngdragon
He told me he wouldn't tell me his name and why would he treat me with respect he didn't know me...
wow.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jim in Tucson
And here is the video of the security guard at his previous job.

OMG that video was perfect. I can't believe you found something that fit so well.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

thanks guys
Old Jul 12, 2009, 04:31 PM

The part about the escape flying over to your car and slamming on the brakes would have made the whole ordeal hilarious to me if I were in your situation. I probably would have just pointed and laughed at the security douches. It's bad enough when REAL cops do this, and the funny thing is in this situation, the real cop didn't care.... He left and took care of the real law breaking like a law enforcement officer is supposed to do.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you for staying there until the cop arrived, and then some! That story is great and I was worried it wouldn't go there. I wish I could've been there as nothing is better than putting douche waffles in there place when a smidge of authority gets to them.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 07:56 PM

The "Show for a cause" was Saturday, and the security was probably pissed off that so many of them were up on the top floor organizing and then coming down the ramps fast at times, squeeling there tires, Revving, Hittin' the bov, etc...So today they picked on you.

I was actually up there at 6am two weekends ago taking photos and didn't get bothered. Thats why I go so early.

Here are a few photos from the event July 11.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25631244@N06/?saved=1
Old Jul 12, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I completely forgot about the car show yesterday, I was at the mall picking up some stuff on my way back from seattle, and I was like Crap! I forgot there was a show today...
Old Jul 12, 2009, 09:19 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzydoodle
Gotta love security guards, and no the supervisor wont have any more brains, that's why their security.

Alderwood is a joke.
Technically I think in most places you just have to be a security guard for a long enough time and you move on up. So the more of a loser they are, the longer they stay, in general.

Quick Reply: Alderwood Mall Security Prick Rant