Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Mitsubishi, your Evo X might be the best car in the world...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Caesar
If you're lookin for a automatic then the only thing you'll find with ~300hp and awd for a fair price would be the X, I don't think the STi even comes with that option, but I could be wrong. If you're not getting any dates with a X then I'd definitely give the IX a chance before going with the STi.
Infiniti G37x. 328hp awd with automatic, $35k.

i absolutely loved everything about the car except the transmission

Local dealers are listing evos for $46k, for less than that I can get a brand new bmw 335xi! Again, automatic 300hp awd.

Evo IX? Heh, no thanks. I want a comfortable daily driver that won't beat me up.

Given my treatment so far at mitsu dealerships, I'm not sure I really want to have anything to do with an Evo anymore -- i have little confidence mitsu will back its product.

If someone with an Evo X MR would be willing to show me why I should reconsider, maybe I'll change my mind.

Last edited by bani; Aug 10, 2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bani

Local dealers are listing evos for $46k, for less than that I can get a brand new bmw 335xi! Again, automatic 300hp awd.

Evo IX? Heh, no thanks. I want a comfortable daily driver that won't beat me up.

Given my treatment so far at mitsu dealerships, I'm not sure I really want to have anything to do with an Evo anymore -- i have little confidence mitsu will back its product.

If someone with an Evo X MR would be willing to show me why I should reconsider, maybe I'll change my mind.
1st, off if you are willing to pay sticker for a x mr then I have some ocean front property in eastern washington I will sell ya. Just messing but you should do a little research and see what you can get a new mr for. You will definitly not get a new BMW for that price.

2nd, As far as dealerships, I don't know what you are doing wrong since I am not with you when you go in but I can tell you that when I was looking for my X a few months ago I had no problem getting the keys from a sales man and I never filled out a credit app before hand.

3rd, I have ridden/driven in both a VIII a IX and a X, there is not much difference in the daily driver part of any of them.

In the end you have to be happy with what ever it is your are riding in. Don't knock a vehicle just based off of a sales man. In the process of buying mine I corrected so many salesmen when they tried to tell me information that was flat out wrong about the car.

Good luck
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by droppinbottom
3rd, I have ridden/driven in both a VIII a IX and a X, there is not much difference in the daily driver part of any of them.
If theres no diff between an 8,9 and 10 in terms of NVH then that rules out the X MR. I was hoping the X MR would be more civilized than the earlier evos. Bummer.

Thanks for the info.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

oops

Last edited by momo_EVO8; Aug 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:26 PM

^^^ holy runon sentences batman!

reading your post reminds me of the burnout salesdroid at korum

there's an enter key on your keyboard. find it. use it. love it.

also, i fail to see anywhere that i "bagged on evos". i bagged on mitsu and their ****ty dealer network.

Last edited by bani; Aug 10, 2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^^sorry long day
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

that right there
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:40 PM

that's bagging on evos? no, that's responding to a query from Caesar. he asked what awd 300hp automatics there were.

you sure are defensive

why should i buy a car i can't even test drive? if buying an evo means blindly buying a car on faith alone then you're right, the evo is not for me.

Last edited by bani; Aug 10, 2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

I apoligize I misread it.

I didnt say buy one with out driving it.

I said be relentless and find one that you can drive. Then make a decision. But anyway I am sorry for coming off cross, i just take a lot of pride in evo's

Last edited by momo_EVO8; Aug 10, 2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:54 PM

I don't know what's left. there's none for sale locally except through mitsu's total failboat dealers (which i've already tapped out) and there doesn't seem to be anyone local who owns an X MR.

droppinbottom's comment that there's no difference between the VIII, IX and X ride harshness does seem to kill it though. my commute is going to double and i don't look forward to being brutalized on the road every day. i like my fillings to remain in my teeth.

Last edited by bani; Aug 10, 2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

I don't know what's left. there's none for sale locally except through mitsu's total failboat dealers (which i've already tapped out) and there doesn't seem to be anyone local who owns an X MR.
have you tried Younker mitsubishi?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ctd/1311760292.html

or this
It might be a bit far but maybe its what your possibly looking for

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/1312485828.html

Last edited by momo_EVO8; Aug 10, 2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by momo_EVO8
they were strike #1. take it over 4000rpm and you damage the car. twin turbo evo x, and all that.

$335000 is a bit out of my budget.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

they were strike #1. take it over 4000rpm and you damage the car. twin turbo evo x, and all that.

$335000 is a bit out of my budget.
dealers are terrible
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

I would be surprised if the ride of the X is the same as the IX. With that said, if you are truly sensitive enough to believe that DD'ing the IX is like being brutalized, and a filling-rattling experience, then you should probably go with one of the other cars on your list.

BTW - if a couple experiences at dealers are all that you have to go on then it would surprise me if you ever buy a new vehicle (unless you just get lucky). Sales personnel at a dealer have a high turnover rate and you are bound to get a turd. Drop some *****, tell the person they clearly don't know what they are talking about, and ask for their manager. At that point you are already a leg up on bargaining or getting your test drive.

Alternative? Turn around, walk away and miss the experience.

*edit - I'm not trying to come across as a ***** btw. I think you are just bailing too early. If you go with a subi or something else that is fine, but I have a friend that didn't test drive an Evo before buying an STi and he was always looking at the greener grass. Eventually he sold his STi and is now looking to pick up a X. Good luck with whatever you do.

Last edited by yahu; Aug 11, 2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
I would be surprised if the ride of the X is the same as the IX. With that said, if you are truly sensitive enough to believe that DD'ing the IX is like being brutalized, and a filling-rattling experience, then you should probably go with one of the other cars on your list.

BTW - if a couple experiences at dealers are all that you have to go on then it would surprise me if you ever buy a new vehicle (unless you just get lucky). Sales personnel at a dealer have a high turnover rate and you are bound to get a turd. Drop some *****, tell the person they clearly don't know what they are talking about, and ask for their manager. At that point you are already a leg up on bargaining or getting your test drive.

Alternative? Turn around, walk away and miss the experience.

*edit - I'm not trying to come across as a ***** btw. I think you are just bailing too early. If you go with a subi or something else that is fine, but I have a friend that didn't test drive an Evo before buying an STi and he was always looking at the greener grass. Eventually he sold his STi and is now looking to pick up a X. Good luck with whatever you do.
Well said sir.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi, your Evo X might be the best car in the world...