Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Speaking of Snowboarding..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2009, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=fuzzydoodle;7699542]I have a 160 atomic hatchet [quote]

Wow, you guys ride some tiny boards! I thought you liked speed??

My K2 Electra is my park board, and it's a 164.

Both my K2 Fatbob and Eldorado are 174 cm!

I hit 64 mph last year at Whistler. Going to break 70 mph this year!!
Old Nov 9, 2009, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

I hit 64 mph last year at Whistler. Going to break 70 mph this year!!

I wanna see it! Catch an edge doing 70 and YARD SALE!
Old Nov 9, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Snowboard and bindings i would go with Burton you wont be disappointed. They have pricing for all ranges. Good all mountain boards as well, i have many many boards and burtons ride far better then ANY other board out there. The bindings are very good also they have lower end ones like the customs very affordable. If you have any questions on any Burton gear or board specs just ask i know more then most snow techs about the gear hence my nickname "MR BURTON." As far as boots go, Thirtytwo all the way. They have the lightest out and best fit ive ever had. DC, Burton boots are okay but def not the best.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
I've always loved Burtons. I want an Arbor, but their lowest "skill" level board is supposedly still too high for me from everyone I've talked to. I go off and on, so I don't get as much practice as I should be Oh well, still always have fun.

I also would recommend trying out (you can usually rent a board with them on it) Flow bindings before actually purchasing them... I thought they were hot **** so I bought some on my first board. Then tried out a friend's board with regular strap bindings and realized how loose my Flow was, even on the tightest I could get it. I came from skiing, so I like everything to be nice and tight and snug. So when I bought my second board I got strap bindings. Total, they take 15.3 seconds longer to put on than my Flow (always had a hard time shoving my boot down into the Flows and getting them locked properly, these I sit down and put the foot in nice and easy, loop one, ratchet, loop the other, ratchet. Piece o cake, plus I've developed the skill that I can ratchet both all the way while I start boarding.)

If you click my link below, you could go ask the Utah guys too, see if anyone else has any advice.
Flow bindings are over rated I had a pair, didnt even keep them half a season. If your looking for good bindings that you get good control with, gotta go straps. It takes me 5 seconds to throw 2 straps on, not any significant amount of time. And Jake as far as everyone tellin you that Abor is too hihg "skill" they dont know what they are tellin you. I started on a park board, rides just fine. Buy what you want you will adjust to every board, they are all slightly different.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Well you also have to remember Shane, I'm like 5 foot nothing and you're like 8 foot 2, so you would need a longer board.

When I first got mine, it was like a plank strapped to my feet, and like trying to turn a Caddilac around in the drive through at Dairy Queen.

And yeah an edge at 70 mph, my buddy broke his nose and fractured his eye socket, and cracked his skull catching an edge on the backside of Stevens, and we were only doing like 40, maybe a little more.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 05:53 PM
Account Disabled

Went to Hidden Wave, Drew? there helped a lot with rundown on various boards as well as boots and bindings. I suppose back in the late 90s it just seemed like everything was a lot more simplified and nowadays there is so much more advances in the construction and design of boards and boots. Anyway I'm going to do a little more looking, but here's what I'm thinking about going with
Lib-Tech board Skate Banana board
Burton or Union bindings
Burton or ThirtyTwos for boots.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

I did leave out Lib-Tech. The skate bannana board is amazing! Great choice! Id go burton bindings, C02 are great also the infidels this yr are good too. The cartels and missions are good for a budget too. Boots Thirtytwo is the way to go, the ultralights are so sick thats what i have the lightest boot on the market. The lashed are good too, slightly cheaper if your budget is a big deal.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have setup for sale!

http://reading.craigslist.org/spo/1444609142.html
Old Nov 9, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

I picked up brand new Flows (whatever the top of the line is) at the end of 2 seasons ago for like 70% off. I had tried Flows previously and didn't like them at all for the same reasons a couple of you mentioned. These new ones I like a lot. Previously I was only a strapper, but I do like these flows.

For my strap bindings I usually ride drakes. I think I have an older set of F-60's (with the little godfather symbol on them) and I have a pair of the CF ones they make. Actually, I might be able to sell you the F-60s for cheap as I don't think they aren't being used. I know one pair of boots I have and am not using are thirty-twos. Again, you could literally have them if they work out, Tim. I probably rode them 10 - 15 times at most and realized they were not what I wanted (my feet grew between seasons one year and they were very uncomfortable after that).

I use the softest Van boots with the BOA system. I love them, but I think they are also a little too small, even when running them without the friggin' insole!

Agreed with above regarding the Arbor and skill level not being too high. As much tech is into boards these days, it is still just a plank of wood. You'll be fine and will naturally learn how to use the board.

I'll have to get a picture of the Spawn board I have - I think I might have cursed it enclosing him in there, though. That thing frightens me!

Looking forward to going with you, Shane. I'd like to see how fast you are on that snow yacht. My Glissade board is called the Shortbus because they couldn't stand making them so small at 165 - 169 range. Their big board (the Big Gun) tops out at 195 with the "baby" being 175! That used to be pretty much all they made.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:41 PM
Account Disabled

you have a pm Daniel
Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:43 PM

best board i have ever ridden = rome artifact
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

stay away from Flow
SIMS is garbage...they are a new company that has already gone bankrupt a while ago and barely keeping afloat. All their gear is tapered toward beginners and low skill intermediate riders. That is why every year they come out with new gear the previous years model's start to sell for $100 the price drops like crazy because the boards dont hold their value.
Morrow is even worse...might as well ride a 2x4 down the slopes
I work at a ski shop trust me I know
Stick with K2 or Ride they are pretty much the same company.
RIDE is local so thats a plus. K2 and ride hold certain board values great! Not the same for all the boards though. I've had a K2 Access since 04 and the price is still 350 for it. I had ride impact i bought new and the next year it dropped half price.
Burton is a great company just look at Shawn White he rides Burton
Solomon is a trusted company that has bee in the game for a long time
Capita is great too. Great park boards from them!
Rome makes great boards so does Forum, Arbor, Never Summer, Battalion and LIB
Its all about your style and what you like to do. Every board will have a function
If your looking for a park board go with something like a Ride Crush or a Solomon Sanchez for Burton Twin. LIB makes great park boards too. Those are just some examples. If you want an all mountain board Look at a K2 viper or Brigade. Solomon Ace is a great board too. The capita quiver is a good mountain board too or the Black death. A great powder board would be something like the F1 from Never Summer or the Burton Vapor. Its all what you want to do. I personally love rails and buttering! I like to hit kicker a lot too so I got the new K2 WWW Rocker this year. I chose that board because it does exactly what Im looking for. I cant stand the graphics on it though I hate skulls!!! But oh well It was the right function and size for me so it was a no brainer. My newest set up this year is the K2 WWW Rocker, K2 Auto Uprise, and the K2 T1's. All we need now is some more of that white stuff!!!! Baker is opening thursday and Stevens is supposedly aiming for opening in the next week or two
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

DRAKES!!! Thank you Daniel, I was trying to remember what bindings I had before, I had Mikey LeBlanc Drakes, one set, then I liked them so much I got a newer set, and then I just went to Burton Customs cause they matched my board.

Mo I have never been to Baker, so reserve me a spot on that nice rack you have and lets go!!

I want to try Crystal too, at some point this season.

Last edited by fuzzydoodle; Nov 9, 2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fuzzydoodle
DRAKES!!! Thank you Daniel, I was trying to remember what bindings I had before, I had Mikey LeBlanc Drakes, one set, then I liked them so much I got a newer set, and then I just went to Burton Customs cause they matched my board.

Mo I have never been to Baker, so reserve me a spot on that nice rack you have and lets go!!

I want to try Crystal too, at some point this season.
There is always a spot for ya Jordan!

Baker is fantastic to hit powder! Its open and awesome to jib and butter all over!

Crystal is amazing! It has to be hands down the biggest ski place in the state! It has alot of double diamonds so it keeps me entertained The backcountry is awesome too!

I like the chinook Express For Sure!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

If I'm not mistaken, K2 bought Ride about 10 years ago now (yeesh, time flies). I think they own Morrow too. Also, K2 is also a local company - Vashon, or one of the other islands?

Sounds like I need to shed about 100 pounds to keep up with Mo!

Quick Reply: Speaking of Snowboarding..