Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Speaking of Snowboarding..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I like smaller park boards. I am used to that east coast concrete... I have a 151 Travis Rice Lib-Tech, with some 32 boots, Tech9 bindings (but don't really care for them).
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^werd! I got a killer deal on bnib T9's and popped them on my board. I could left each of the 4 corners off the base of the board cause they were so nasty. I gave them to my bro-in-law for xmas! hahaha! He was learning so it didn't matter as much; at least that is what I say to help me sleep at night!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah mine are super flimsy... I don't feel connected to the board, and in turn tighten down my bindings alot, and then cut off circulation to my feet... ghey...
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

^lol. I am pretty sure with my tree trunk legs I could rip them fuggers off the board if I crank on them hard enough!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 01:00 AM
Account Disabled

I believe Forum is apart of Burton and some of the guys from Drakes split off to form Union.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yahu
If I'm not mistaken, K2 bought Ride about 10 years ago now (yeesh, time flies). I think they own Morrow too. Also, K2 is also a local company - Vashon, or one of the other islands?

Sounds like I need to shed about 100 pounds to keep up with Mo!
Daniel- you are correct in saying K2 bought Ride. Ride is local I dont believe K2 is though anymore. They might be but I have yet to hear that in a long time. Morrow is also sub-branch but they are still in house and make their own style boards. They arnt terrible or anything they are just tapered a lot more towards the new rider end of the spectrum, meaning when skill is learned it will be time to ditch the Morrow and go with a new setup that will aid in what ever riding style is to be gained.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ride a buton with cartels and 32 boots. I love the boots like no other. Do I hear an evo meet at Stevens? YAY!!! or Baker... I love baker but it is pretty far for most of you guys!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Baker > Stevens, at least on the weekends!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^Eh...no one goes on weekends Dan

Thats when all the noobs are out there, its way too crowded and i dont wanna have to worry about some little girl popping out of nowhere in front of me

Im greedy! I love having the mountain to myself
Old Nov 10, 2009, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

I thought it was already decided we were having our meets on the mountain for the duration of the winter?

Get sauced up on the way up, cap it off in the bar, and see if we can't kill ourselves, sounds like a good time to me.

Maybe I can get so drunk I pass out and fall off the lift.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 03:31 PM
Account Disabled

occasional friday nights at Stevens?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xxxchaos
best board i have ever ridden = rome artifact
I just bought one over the summer, last years model for 40% off- I have a rome cheap trick that I love- I'm 5'11'' and the cheap trick is a 151 and I ride the thing thru deep powder, its that wide! my agent is a 156 so won't be as squirrely when hauling on groomers.
OP- make sure you dont buy a super stiff board... there are plenty of park oriented boards that do great all over the mountain, like my Rome cheap trick I mentioned.. its a $300 board new. I bought inexpensive but nice adjustable Burton bindings for it for just over $100 new. I have been boarding for 15 years, had many different setups. Buy bindings with straps, used name brand board thats not stiff (Burton/Rome/Forum/Ride etc.) and boots that fit super snug. I have small ankles and lots of boots cant get tight enough an/or hurt my feet. Hated 32 and had trouble with burton, but LOVE my Solomon boots. Dont cheap out on boots, they will make or break your control of the board. hope that helps some.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

^not to mention aching feet from bad boots can put a damper on the day when you try to stay long.

Here is a good question for you guys - how long do you typically stay at the slope? When I was younger I used to try to be there before open and wouldn't leave until it was well into night skiing, sometimes when the mountain was closing.

FFWD a few years and pounds: I usually still try to get there by 9A/10A but usually the group I'm with is ready to bail by afternoon and I'm not putting up much of a fight.

Another question to go along with Mo's comment - are people mostly weekenders, weekdayers, morning or night? Or is it more of a whenever, wherever thing?

FWIW - I don't mind going on the weekend but as stated, I usually head to a bigger mountain like Baker. Steven's has too much of a bottleneck at the bottom where most of the lifts take off from (save for the backside and Tye Mill, of course). I try to go early to as late as possible but have also done a lot of night boarding (my eyes kinda suck though, so that is always interesting).

Last edited by yahu; Nov 10, 2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

I need to find a good set of boots, I've gone through 3 and all of them wind up ruining my days. I want to be able to go non-stop (or mostly non-stop) from open to close. (9 to 4 at most resorts here) But I wind up either having to take super long breaks to stretch my feet out, finally got a board and bindings that work well with me (I think...) but I need a damn good pair of boots.

Since we're on the topic. Mens boots for boys with narrow girlie feet!?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:22 PM

Nitro T1. Sick Park board.

Quick Reply: Speaking of Snowboarding..