Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Speaking of Snowboarding..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2009, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ I concur the T1 is a great parkboard. Lots of pop and retains its toughness, its good for jibs and butters. I find it a little slower than others, stability isnt the best and carving is a little harder due to it weighing a little bit more than a kink or agent. Id keep it in the park more than mountain. Over all awesome board!
Old Nov 11, 2009, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
I need to find a good set of boots, I've gone through 3 and all of them wind up ruining my days. I want to be able to go non-stop (or mostly non-stop) from open to close. (9 to 4 at most resorts here) But I wind up either having to take super long breaks to stretch my feet out, finally got a board and bindings that work well with me (I think...) but I need a damn good pair of boots.

Since we're on the topic. Mens boots for boys with narrow girlie feet!?
Had same issue until I bought my Solomon boots (Milosport carries that brand in SLC). My wife had similar boot issues with a few different brands and ended up with Northwave boots. Every other brand I have tried kills my feet (arches cramp up) and I cant tighten them enough around my ankles. Another trick is buy them small enough that your toe is touching the tip inside the boot but not hurting your toes... boots "pack out" meaning get a little looser with time as they break in, so make sure they are super snug and tight and that your your toes comfortably touch.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DJ Brett B
Had same issue until I bought my Solomon boots (Milosport carries that brand in SLC). My wife had similar boot issues with a few different brands and ended up with Northwave boots. Every other brand I have tried kills my feet (arches cramp up) and I cant tighten them enough around my ankles. Another trick is buy them small enough that your toe is touching the tip inside the boot but not hurting your toes... boots "pack out" meaning get a little looser with time as they break in, so make sure they are super snug and tight and that your your toes comfortably touch.
Good advice, that's exactly the problem I have with my current boots. The old ones were too tight and would hurt the top part of my foot against the lining (they were women's boots). I'll have to check out Solomon sometime, I've been to Milosport before when I was looking for my board and bindings.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

^lol - you weren't kidding about having girlie feet!
Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:30 PM

girlie feet, girlie feet.......hahahahaha
Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OwnedEvo10
Want some killer deals go to www.the-house.com ... I hit the slopes on a Ride dose board bc of my huge feet and burton bindings and ride boots.. Ride makes a killer board..
awesome site for great deals!!!!
Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
feel left out u all u from wa ut west coast got sum sick mountains
Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
^lol - you weren't kidding about having girlie feet!
I know, I hate it. That, combined with skiing for the first like 10 years of my mountain snow sports experience means that I have a hard time finding boots snug enough for me. I'm used to forcing my feet into a tightly packed boot and clamping it down. Mmmm snug comfy fit.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

The problem is snug comfy fit but also flexibility. You could always go for downhill boarding boots. The extra stiff ones that are basically like ski boots. Of course then what is the point of not skiing?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:29 PM
Account Disabled

^ sounds like someone needs to relocate
Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

The problem is snug comfy fit but also flexibility. You could always go for downhill boarding boots. The extra stiff ones that are basically like ski boots. Of course then what is the point of not skiing?
Boarding is more fun But maybe you're right, I could always rent stuff and try skiing again.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

^actually I mean downhill boarding. The guys that have straight tip boards and special bindings. They don't do any trickery, they just go ***** out down the mountain.

99.99% I never recommend skiing over boarding!
Old Nov 11, 2009, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

hey guys! any local stores who has great deals? we are driving down to buy some snowboard gear.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 02:07 AM
Evolved Member

I don't know what deals Mt. Pilchuck in EVT have or Sturtevant's in Bellevue have since the season is about to start, but I usually hit them up at the end of the season.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

^actually I mean downhill boarding. The guys that have straight tip boards and special bindings. They don't do any trickery, they just go ***** out down the mountain.

99.99% I never recommend skiing over boarding!
Glad we cleared that up. Just so you know, I wouldn't have given skiing another shot anyway

Quick Reply: Speaking of Snowboarding..