Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Speaking of Snowboarding..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2009, 01:36 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking of Snowboarding..

Anyone have any recommendations on boards and or boots/bindings? I'm on the hunt for this stuff with the season starting up. I'd prefer to gear towards an All Mountain board for now. Any experiences you have had with different equipment would be appreciated, it's been about 11yrs since I last hit up some snowboarding action.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 02:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Reed depends on your price range... I would head over to Hidden Wave in Burlington, they usually have some smokin deals on last years stuff...
Old Nov 9, 2009, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by RaptorReed
Anyone have any recommendations on boards and or boots/bindings? I'm on the hunt for this stuff with the season starting up. I'd prefer to gear towards an All Mountain board for now. Any experiences you have had with different equipment would be appreciated, it's been about 11yrs since I last hit up some snowboarding action.
K2, Burton,salomon, and sims boards i would choose. All are good brands. Bindings? i would go with Flow Binding, easy to put you boots in and out. Strap bindings are ok, it just takes a little bit longer to put your boots on.....
Old Nov 9, 2009, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

I have a 156 Metrpolis board with bindings for sale $75. Its a few years old but I think buying used equipment for cheaper is better for a beginner... Nothing is wrong with the board. Lemme know if interested I also have a Planet Earth jacket for sale, its a Medium and when new cost 375$ 2 years ago... looking for like $120
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

^werd - +1 for buying used for cheap when you're new or getting back into it! Craigslist is another good option if Eric's stuff doesn't work out for you Tim.

I ride the Glissade Shortbus 165: my board. It is a real nice all mountain board. I also had them make me a custom board a few years back after doing some side work for them - picked my own graphics/construction. They went a little crazy on the flex since I helped them out and that board kinda scares me; turns really quick due to the flex - more of a park board whereas I am more of an all-mountain rider.

I get confused with all the brands these days - I think K2 pretty much owns the world. Speaking of which, Ride used to be real good boards but they are now K2 owned (at least they were last I checked). Some people really like Arbors too.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

I have some used Burton CFX bindings that I would sell your for like $25 shipped. One of the backs broke so I had it replaced with a different brand, but they still work just fine.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

BTW Tim, what size shoe do you wear? I have various boots that were maybe worn once or twice and since have been sitting in a garage. I think they are 10's but might be 11's and you could just take them if they work.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To be honest with iv been snowboarding for awhile now it does depend on what ur price range is around the only boards I stick to would be check out Burton, forum, Rome! Top line boards right there I personaly got a Burton Shawn white pro series. N Burton boots too they got a new sick lune of Burton boards and ak stuff ak had alot of pants n snowboard jaketa gloves very nice quality! Most liekly what I'm switchen up to this year! Good luck on ur purchase if ya need more help let me know pm me I can find u good deals on stuff!
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:59 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the input guys! I figured it would be a dependent on budget range. I'll go check out hidden wave today Freddie, since I got today, tomorrow, and Wednesday off (worked all weekend). Need to also figure out specifically how long, wide, of a board I should ride, I've done some searching on the interwebs and I have heard from a friend it's more of a "rule of thumb" when sizing the board to yourself.

Daniel, I wear 11.5s for shoes, but say my work boots are 10.5s

Added info
I'm 6'1 130lbs. Through searching I believe I'm looking at a 160cm board?

I'll get back to you guys - evoracingstar, McDougal, and jdmEviL8 later today.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

I've always loved Burtons. I want an Arbor, but their lowest "skill" level board is supposedly still too high for me from everyone I've talked to. I go off and on, so I don't get as much practice as I should be Oh well, still always have fun.

I also would recommend trying out (you can usually rent a board with them on it) Flow bindings before actually purchasing them... I thought they were hot **** so I bought some on my first board. Then tried out a friend's board with regular strap bindings and realized how loose my Flow was, even on the tightest I could get it. I came from skiing, so I like everything to be nice and tight and snug. So when I bought my second board I got strap bindings. Total, they take 15.3 seconds longer to put on than my Flow (always had a hard time shoving my boot down into the Flows and getting them locked properly, these I sit down and put the foot in nice and easy, loop one, ratchet, loop the other, ratchet. Piece o cake, plus I've developed the skill that I can ratchet both all the way while I start boarding.)

If you click my link below, you could go ask the Utah guys too, see if anyone else has any advice.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I ride, Burton vapor, 2009 board- burton hail boots, and Co2 EST bindings, This board is just amazing, best one i ever owned it was quite bit expensive, :>

Thinking to sell my old board burton dominant with boots, and ride LX bindings, still in good condition.

- I would shop asap, when season starts everything gets jacked up.

also ive spoke with a guy from snowboard store who is testing all kinds of boards, he was saying burton will go in price again soon...

I would also suggest to look for a -new board from last year -
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Want some killer deals go to www.the-house.com ... I hit the slopes on a Ride dose board bc of my huge feet and burton bindings and ride boots.. Ride makes a killer board..
Old Nov 9, 2009, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

WAIT!!! I just got back from PDX Snowboard n Ski EXPO they have good stuff deals blow out sale up to 70% off!!

Seattle will be NOV 20-22!!!

http://www.portlandskifever.com/index.php?CategoryID=3

Im going buy DC or Trans Boot and LIB Banana board
Old Nov 9, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

I have a 160 atomic hatchet, it is a few years old, but I love it, the shape is nice, and its got some good flex. Great all mountain, although I am a little short to be jamming a 160 around in the park, but I don't usually like park riding I just like cruising the mountain in and out of trees.

I used flows once, great concept, but takes some getting used to, to get them on. Like said, strap bindings only take a second to get on, unless you're an absolute retard the difference is nominal.

I settled on some burton bindings last year, but didn't go enough to get a solid opinion on them.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 03:23 PM

are you looking for a trail board or a terrain park board?

Quick Reply: Speaking of Snowboarding..