Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Warranty Work in Oregon, Any dealer recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2009, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Warranty Work in Oregon, Any dealer recommendations?

So, I have 36k on my VIII RS. I have a clunk in the front suspension and have narrowed it down to ball joint or wheel bearing. My car is still under warranty until next July.

I live in Eugene. The Mitsu dealer here is not great. (i took my car here a few times, not their fault, but they do not know evos and are also not very professional)

Anyone have any dealer recommendations? Maybe around Portland?

Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Pickings are slim. I know in milwaukie there's town and country Mitsubishi but I'm not sure how their work is
Old Nov 26, 2009, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

I would ask for Andy if you go to Town & Country to get your car worked on. He used to wok at Beaverton Mits and he has always done good work on mine.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

When is the clunk evident? As weird as it sounds, Evo suspension can get a rock lodged up on top of the shock in the wheel wheel within the springs and cause it to clunk. I had one in my MR and they figured it out and took it out.

Andy is great, a good friend of mine. He's rebuilt many trannys on the Evos and does great work all around. However, currently Mitsu coroprate is requiring pictures of cars to verify stockness before they do any major work. So, if you are modified you might want to return it to stock if you suspect it's anything serious.

Not knowing what your clunk is, I'd see if the suspension was doing what mine did first. I couldn't believe it when Andy and Mike told me that was what it was, but it stopped after that, and mine was pretty loud.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 01:06 PM

js06evoix: thanks for sharing your experience. my clunk is faint (not too loud) but it sounds like when you forget to tighten lugs all the way. if i jump on the driver side front door sill (to shake the car up and down) I can feel it in the wheel and hood. I can also feel in the brake pedal sometimes (i do not have ABS).

It could be something like you mentioned. I just hate to tear it apart myself while its under warranty. I may just take it to Andy at Town & Country the next time I am up that way.

Thanks everyone for the responses!