Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

brien misubishi sucks

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brien misubishi sucks

i had my evo8 there to fix my broken studs, on my exhaust manifold. it took them 5 days to give me my car back waiting for parts and sending the turbo housing to a machine shop. nevertheless thats not only one of the reasons i am complaining. i picked up my car yesterday at 4 it seemed fine. this morning i was going to install my defi gauges and as i popped the hood i noticed a wire ripped on the powersteering pump they zip tied it to a black hose and didnt cut tail off of it thats how in noticed it any ways i am pissed. i know the manifold a ***** to take out but ripping out my power steering wire and not fixing is bull****. brett at brien said to drop it off tomorrow morning so they can fix the problem so we will see when i get it back now. they should of stayed just a ford dealership.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear!

Korum was pretty slow to work with, but Louis does a good job and is a genuine evo enthusiast and will take care of your car like it should.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 04:55 PM

i told brett i am not paying for a rental and he agreed saying they will have one for me when i come in in the morning. this is how bad of a shop they are they didnt put back 2 of the 4 spark plug cover bolts i had on there. they scratched the clearcoat on the kansai carbon fiber spark plug cover i have. they put my hks racing suction intake on wrong maf facing all the way down instead on top like i had it. what options do i have for damages made by there ford/mitsu tech? The pump's covered, what about cosmetic damages. do use guys think they have to replace the pump or can they fix the wire that ripped out. also what exactly does this wire do does it power the pump or is it just a sensor
Old Dec 8, 2009, 04:59 PM

louis is a great mech. he worked on my car last winter when the transfer case grenaded he was on my side the whole time when the adjuster for national came out to authorize the repair. but korum is just too far to get my car serviced hopefully it all works out and brien fixes there mistakes.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 05:03 PM

the wire that ripped out is on the right side of the pump facing the engine bay (blue wire)
Old Dec 8, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

dealerships ... reading how they put your car back together, how can the techs at Brien be certified to do anything!?!?!
Old Dec 8, 2009, 05:53 PM

exactly. i hope its an easy fix. i was looking at the drawing for the pump they might have to replace the pump ouch. its on them now
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I stopped by Brien 6 months ago or so to try and buy fluids for my 30,000 mile change and was not impressed. First the guy at the parts counter tried to sell me the gear lube in a five gallon bucket (not cheap) then he didn't have any of the other fluids. He told me that Mitsubishi didn't sell the fluids in small containers, just the big containers for the shop. What a bunch of crock. After that I went out to the shop to just see what they would charge to do the service for me. The shop manager gave me his business card and said that he would have to call me with the price?? WTH I'm right there can't he just tell me? He never got back to me and I'm glad because I must have been high thinking about letting someone work on my car. I hate letting other people work on it.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 03:02 AM
Evolved Member

Odd that they tore a wire out replacing turbo studs.... I've had my exhaust manifold off a couple times in the last few weeks, and it really isn't THAT hard, nor did I damage anything in the process. DIY for the win.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 09:02 AM

they had to remove turbo and send turbo housing in to machine shop to remove sheared off studs. i think in the process of removing they ripped out wire on power steering pump. they even had the wire zip tied onto my ac line exposing the ripped wire lol . its at brien now, rolling a new jetta until car is fixed. on there dime.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

yea.. as far as cosmetics go they will never replace what they have ruined just patch it up... I took my evo to another Mitsu dealer (NOT SAYING NAMES) when it was still in business for a clutch job.... When i came to pick it up the first thing i noticed was the 3inch deep scratch on my bumper.. their fix was touch up paint.... Then I noticed the multiple scratches on my work vssx wheels... it looked like they put the gorrilla key on the lug nut, didnt match it to fit the special pattern, stuck the air rachet and scratched the **** out my wheels... they refused to replace or even fix those(prolly cuase the price of replacment im guessing) THird they couldnt even get the clutch job right... when i got in my car to leave i couldnt even put my car in reverse.... the parts manager even tried and couldnt get it to go into gear... MAn was i hot... now i had to wait more time for my car and would even give me a loaner car for my wait... lame.. you can never really win with a dealership....
Old Dec 9, 2009, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

I never had a problem during 18 months of Mazda ownership going through University Mazda. Always had a loaner, car was never down for more than 2 days, warranty application was EASY, they often offered to fix things and they knew not to scratch my car lest there be hell to pay.... Always bring in your car cleaner than they can get it, then tell them you know its cleaner than their new cars and it better come out that way! Respekt my authorita!

The dark days of DSM ownership and eastside Mitsubishi, Seattle Mitsubishi and sometimes with Korum Mitsu have made me pray that I can fix it myself these days....
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:05 PM

i had them check my struts while it was in the shop now my car is bumpy as hell. they said the struts were fine. what should i do it rode fine when i dropped it of now it ride like ****.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Probably should have brought it down here.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ Yea I'd do ER over a dealer any time. If, I mean when my car needs a clutch I'll be bringing it down to ER.

Quick Reply: brien misubishi sucks