Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Best Dealer Service and Mod friendlest.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2009, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Dealer Service and Mod friendlest.

I hope this isn't a repeat but what dealer is generally most mod friendly. I only have a catback but I don't want to get bitten. I bought the car from Olympia so I figure they will be the most likely to cut me some slack but I would like to hear your thoughts.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cat back exhaust they can't yell about, but there are NO dealers that are mod friendly to the Evo's....
Old Dec 15, 2009, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Some good info in these threads.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...-wa-state.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...mitsubish.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...endations.html
Old Dec 15, 2009, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

oh sweet I felt like I had read a thread about dealers but i must have missed those. Thanks for the links. Yea it was wishful thinking that any dealer would be even mildly mod friendly
Old Dec 15, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

listing your mods might help, we can ge you input on what will fly and what is a non-starter.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Korum is probably your best bet. Have Jason or Luis work on it. They are usually really good about turning a blind eye on most smaller mods. Just depends when the service manager is around and if Mitsu has a rep there. It is really hit or miss so I wouldn't take a chance. If you have major service pretty much plan on sticking your car back to stock. Mitsu or Subaru have caught on and they would probably void your warranty for a license plate frame.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Hah, yeah Subaru is bad about voiding warranties on cars with mods. Well, it just depends what you have modded. If you only have certain things modded, for Subaru, they'll void that part of your warranty. Even when we had gotten used cars in that were modded, we turned them back to stock. They won't sell a modded car, that is a Subaru atleast.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

oh just perrin catback and cosworth drop in.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 01:30 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Guys, 's warranty work has recently changed across the whole united states as of Dec 1st. Anything over $400 powertrain has to be approved by the rep. Anything beyond a cat back will get a warranty denied. They take pictures of your engine bay, they report anything as small as an aftermarket bolt, and have the right to strip your car down for inspection before approving your warranty... in which case if they deny the warranty you have to pay to have the car put back together. This was found by edmunds recently when they blew a seal on their transfer case.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by juicy j
Hah, yeah Subaru is bad about voiding warranties on cars with mods. Well, it just depends what you have modded. If you only have certain things modded, for Subaru, they'll void that part of your warranty. Even when we had gotten used cars in that were modded, we turned them back to stock. They won't sell a modded car, that is a Subaru atleast.

Well I used to have a 2006 STI and I would bring it to Walkers in Renton Where I bought it or to Auburn and they just said make it stock. But I had the accessport and I would flash it back every time and no problems even when I lost a ringland due to previous owners mods (a 1/4 drilled hole in the bottom of the intercooler that was left open) and they rebuilt the engine and never mentioned the AP and I still had full warrentee and they paid for a new intercooler. But I had bought it from them, I just had a great experiance with Walkers. I have no experience with Bruce Titus aside from buying the car.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR.Wicked
Well I used to have a 2006 STI and I would bring it to Walkers in Renton Where I bought it or to Auburn and they just said make it stock. But I had the accessport and I would flash it back every time and no problems even when I lost a ringland due to previous owners mods (a 1/4 drilled hole in the bottom of the intercooler that was left open) and they rebuilt the engine and never mentioned the AP and I still had full warrentee and they paid for a new intercooler. But I had bought it from them, I just had a great experiance with Walkers. I have no experience with Bruce Titus aside from buying the car.
well you got lucky then actually, i won't deny, there were even a few cars that came in quite modded to be exact, that they passed through warranty anyways hah. so there WAS a few fortunate people that got their things covered under warranty.

i used to work at Walkers Subaru, and specifically did warranty and other office work in the service department. that's just why i say i've seen a lot of that stuff get voided out sometimes. but then as you mentioned, they do let some people slide through with modded cars.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

I figured that was the case.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Haha yeah. the only thing i like about them, is that they will work on modded cars, but they suck to work for. bleh.