Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

tacoma guys possible help me :)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2009, 02:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tacoma guys possible help me :)

Ok so this evo is from Import auto/Honda world. I have heard alot of bad things about these guys but im really interested in white ones and hard to find.

This is what I have found.. and looks pretty nice.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/ctd/1509093032.html

I asked if it was clean title, (yes) asked if it has been repainted (no)

are they depo headlights or oem?

I hear they lie to get you to buy it. I am from spokane, WA and do not want to drive 6 hours for a bogus car. some who has checked it out or can check it out please do!
Old Dec 17, 2009, 02:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those aren't JDM headlights so not sure why they'd be depo. They are probably painted stockers, is my guess. JDM headlights are clear where these are amber (top corners) and the bottom section is amber where these are blacked. You could use that to your advantage to shave a couple hundred though. State "the headlights are painted which means they will likely get condensation in them, since they were opened up." Also, I'd really want to check the seals, but that is hard to do without removing the bumper.

Here is a picture of JDM headlights:

As for the car, I won't be heading that far South the rest of this year or I'd take a look. I do know there are a few peeps down that way so hopefully someone can help you out! Good luck!
Old Dec 17, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yahu
Those aren't JDM headlights so not sure why they'd be depo. They are probably painted stockers, is my guess. JDM headlights are clear where these are amber (top corners) and the bottom section is amber where these are blacked. You could use that to your advantage to shave a couple hundred though. State "the headlights are painted which means they will likely get condensation in them, since they were opened up." Also, I'd really want to check the seals, but that is hard to do without removing the bumper.

Here is a picture of JDM headlights:

As for the car, I won't be heading that far South the rest of this year or I'd take a look. I do know there are a few peeps down that way so hopefully someone can help you out! Good luck!
Not sure on Evo headlights, but I took apart the headlights in my 1.8T about 2 weeks after owning it to paint the insides. The silicone they used on the GTi was extremely soft, the kind that never hardens completely. With a little bit of work with a heat gun and my fingers pulled them apart with out too much of a struggle. After painting the chrome and putting the entire jobber back together there was never a problem with them. There are also drain holes in the bottom of the headlights, so they're not 100% sealed from the factory. I never had any condensation form on the lenses ever.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Agreed, and I was really suggesting he use that as a bargaining chip; I'm sure the dealer doesn't know any different.

People do crack the stockers open all the time without issue, and the venting is fine, as long as the placement is correct for proper ventilation of moisture out/air in.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

ill see what i can do, has anyone checked out the car? see if maybe it has a macco paint job ect :P
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:45 PM

Import auto world is probably the worst place to buy a car, the salesmen are douchebags, don't know how to treat their customers, they drive the dealer cars around daily instead of leaving them on their lot, which is also trash.

You should stick with a real dealership, instead of a third party middleman bs place like IAW.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
I wouldnt buy from a dealership that takes pictures of its cars in their personal driveway and a picture of their hours.

Remember the 2 lowest forms of life on the planet are:

Amoebas

and used car salesman
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

ya i went there and checked out there cars everyone they have for sale is one they have done some kind of work to either it was broken into, totalled, crashed, or a combination of them. I wouldn't trust what they tell you. o and its true they drive there lot cars as dailys until someone buys them and let me say that they dont drive them lightly!
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:04 AM

Import Auto World is one of those "street corner dealerships" that pride themselves on buying cars from drug auctions.

Please do not buy from them, I'll help you find another place if you're that serious ;] and if its the price that you're stuck on, well...there's a reason that car is so cheap...
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

well, i made the mistake of selling my evo 8 for really cheap. And i miss it. but then again times are tough and i dont have more than 15 to spend lol

im sure some of u have seen the forsale add, was RR 03 with cf lip and mr wheels.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:19 AM

:] oh no biggie, but if that's the car you want, go for it, don't let me hold you back, I just don't trust those guys, if you went to a legit dealership they might be able to hook it up with an extended warranty, but those guys would just let your motor blow up and say "Not our problem"
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

there is a black evo 8 03 for sale in federal way near wild waves that is in good condition and they are selling it for 15k they will probably take 13.5 cause its been on there lot for a while now. There are some minor cosmetics like the wing is a little scratched and the stearing wheel is a little bit thrashed but other wise it is in good condition mostly stock has a turbo timer. I have checked this one out before if you like black you should get that one!
Old Dec 18, 2009, 02:11 AM
Evolving Member

is it a dealership with a website? im in spokane. hehe
Old Dec 18, 2009, 03:02 AM
Evolving Member

ya it is um let me see if i can find it i cant remember what its called
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:23 PM

See a messed up wing is okay, because wings are rice ;] the steering wheel is no biggie either.

You find the name of the place or their site yet Blue?