Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Who here autox their Evo regularly?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2009, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who here autox their Evo regularly?

I'm going to try to start autox'in the Evo weekly when race season starts, just curious who else I'll see out there.

Also, where else does the SCCA hold autox in the NW besides Bremerton? I've only been to that track once with my old FD.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Yo man, you'll see me there for sure. I was talking to a guy at the XXX meet that autocrosses regularly also and he told me that the Bremerton site is the only confirmed site at the moment. They were trying to get another one in Seattle. The first event should be in late January cuz they like to do one in the snow. Oh yeah!
Old Dec 18, 2009, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

That would be a ton of fun but I wouldn't want to pay for the dedicated tires to make it truly enjoyable (IMO, anyway). It could still be a lot of fun to watch! Keep us posted!
Old Dec 18, 2009, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Ask MS3913. He auto-x's as if 8 hours of standing around and 3 minutes of driving never got old!

If your a Boeing guy then ask VT2WA as he has the inside info on that.

(Both on MNW)
Old Dec 18, 2009, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm in the Boeing auto club. We use Shelton airfield and Bremerton. It's alot of fun...you drive for hours avoiding the WHP speedtraps that they set up every saturday, drive your car a couple times throughout the day and work for the rest of the day, and then drive for hours back hoping the crazies don't randomly slam their cars into you to add spice to their commute up I-5... Man I just realized that sounds like I hate SCCA.... seriously it's alot of fun though. I want to build a kart and sport that sometime...to be truly competitive in SCCA you need to be willing to push your car to the point where you will start breaking and replacing parts. I have been doing it for fun not ranking so far...
Old Dec 23, 2009, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

I dabble a bit in the local autocrossing
The NWR-SCCA holds events in Bremerton and Packwood. Packwood is VERY much worth the drive, covered paddock (fits over 300 cars) and large open lot.
Western Washington Sports Car Council has events at Bremerton and Shelton.
Shelton has greater grip over Bremerton.
Here's the local calendar that has most if not all local events listed for the year, granted next years events haven’t been posted yet....
http://www.wwscc.org/calendar.php
www.nwr-scca.org
Hope to see more Evo's out next year - only 2 playing full time!

You wont break parts, I've been doing it since my Evo was new ('03) and only have had one clutch and one coil replaced, and my cars one of the top prepped cars in the nation

Originally Posted by yahu
That would be a ton of fun but I wouldn't want to pay for the dedicated tires to make it truly enjoyable (IMO, anyway). It could still be a lot of fun to watch! Keep us posted!

Actually is boring to watch (IMO) haha! Just as easy to sign up and drive as to watch But if you wana go for a ride just let me know!

I do have a new set of Yokohama AD07's shaved for autocross real cheap if ya want!
Old Dec 23, 2009, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Autoxevo
Hope to see more Evo's out next year - only 2 playing full time!

Don't I at least count as a half???? .... j/k. Autoxevo is the man to know in the Northwest for all things autoX.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Look forward to seeing you guys out there
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Autoxevo

I do have a new set of Yokohama AD07's shaved for autocross real cheap if ya want!
Would those AD07s happen to be sized properly for STU? I'd be interested if you don't have any takers. I'm looking forward to seeing some other evos at these events. It's been lonely being the only evo in OKC the last few years.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spool4Fun
Don't I at least count as a half???? .... j/k. Autoxevo is the man to know in the Northwest for all things autoX.
Hey old man wasn't it your birthday yesterday. Need to get my school bus back out there...see if my gold slugs work at all or the driver just sucks from forgetting what to do at the track
Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by autoxer_minh
Would those AD07s happen to be sized properly for STU? I'd be interested if you don't have any takers. I'm looking forward to seeing some other evos at these events. It's been lonely being the only evo in OKC the last few years.
Yup 245/40-17's AD07's. I bought them in Sept this year as spares for Nationals in Nebraska. Only have 3 easy practice runs to smooth out the shaving (4/32nds). Yok came out with a newer version this year, which I tried late this year. Cant beat the price- $550 with free mount and balancing. Stored in plastic bags in my kitchen. Im not sure which tires I'm runnin next year and girls dont find it cool havin tires in the house so these have to go. haha!
Old Dec 24, 2009, 01:12 AM
Evolved Member

^you still in Monroe? If you need a garage to store a set of tires or 2 sometime, lmk. I'm out of the state until 2010 (that almost sounds eerie) but hit me up when I'm back!
Old Dec 24, 2009, 01:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spool4Fun
Don't I at least count as a half????....j/k.
haha your more than 1/2, lol :-) FYI they changed the local SCCA classing, we're now NS5 - stx and stu only. Oh, and only ur first 3 runs count :-(
Old Dec 24, 2009, 01:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yahu
^you still in Monroe? If you need a garage to store a set of tires or 2 sometime, lmk. I'm out of the state until 2010 (that almost sounds eerie) but hit me up when I'm back!
Ya still in Monroe, but shh, I try not to tell to many people that lol j/k. Since were probably the only two Evo's in town we should meet up when you get back!
Old Dec 24, 2009, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Geoff,
My roommate Adam Baxter (spec miata racer) has talked about you quite a bit... as well as one of my co-workers (Bob Bundy - turbo miata/ prepped mazda GTX) Dan, you, and I should meet up sometime... I have a few questions about setup if you don't mind.

Quick Reply: Who here autox their Evo regularly?