Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Ultimate Fighting (UFC) - Seattle

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What an outstanding point that is, and for the most part, no! My sister is exactly one of these types but she doesn't realize the hypocrisy she spouts. I don't even bother bringing it up anymore as she is already broken.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Actually I used to get into alot of fights (growing up in Hilltop Tacoma will do that!). But then was forced to move to Bellevue and immediately got kicked out of a few schools for fighting (bellevue kids are easy to beat up).

But now comedy and humor is a better release for agression.

I just think that paying to watch two people beat eachother up is 1) stupid and 2) bad television. (motorsports rule!)

And who was going 85 in a 35? thats weakness. Once your near 150 then you call your lawyer!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I probably won't watch until 109 - the Couture & Coleman fight should be good.

It's obviously not bad television; there's a good amount of people that watch it. Dana White has pretty much brought it back from the dead and to what it is today.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

I'm down!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

blech - Coleman looked like crap against Rua. Of course, Rua also looked like crap that night, but then put up a great fight against Machida (and should have won, IMO).

Speaking of, I can't believe that is going to be re-matched already! WTF?! I would be pissed if I was any of the other contenders. Thankfully, 205 is quiet right now, but Anderson deserves either Rua or Machida right now! What are you doing, Dana???

Dana and the Fertitta brothers are what has brought the UFC, and arguably MMA, to what it is today. At least for the US. It has been huge in Japan for quite a bit longer, obviously.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Haha... where to begin?? K, so you all know, I've been into mma for about 12 years. And watch all mma, not just ufc. Randy vs Coleman is terrible cause Coleman has no endurance and Randy is the man when it comes to that. Spider vs the dragon machida will never happen because they are good friends. 205 has many great fighters... look up Jon bones Jones!! Tho bones is set to fight Vera. Dan, you couldn't be more right. Huha won that fight against macida!!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yahu
Dana and the Fertitta brothers are what has brought the UFC, and arguably MMA, to what it is today. At least for the US. It has been huge in Japan for quite a bit longer, obviously.
Nice to know someone knows their ish!!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

^lol - I just happened to catch UFC2 on accident when it aired back in the day. I was hooked ever since!

I have a buddy that actually helped found Abu Dabi with the royalty out there. He has a fake ear for all his troubles in the early day! (his ear had been so badly damaged over time that it pretty much fell off!)
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
blech - Coleman looked like crap against Rua. Of course, Rua also looked like crap that night, but then put up a great fight against Machida (and should have won, IMO).

Speaking of, I can't believe that is going to be re-matched already! WTF?! I would be pissed if I was any of the other contenders. Thankfully, 205 is quiet right now, but Anderson deserves either Rua or Machida right now! What are you doing, Dana???

Meh about Anderson... Hahaha yeah I said it, I am not a fan of his for some reason. I think either Marquart or Hendo should have another go at it for MW. Just because A.Silva beat Forest it doesn't really impress me because I don't like Forest either lol.

But I do agree the Shogun (my hero) should have won. But was really impressed the Machida didn't buckle from one of the many kicks to his midsection.

But 109 looks like a decent card even though the main event is 2 grandpa's lol.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GSP forever

BJ Penn is ghey
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

GSP is a beast.

I'm down to watch UFC. I'll bring some alcohol!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

GSP is canadian yo.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 08:27 PM

When gsp gets a legit corner man, and beats BJ Penn fair and square, ill respect him, until that day, he is just another french speaking cheater.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rreijnaert09
When gsp gets a legit corner man, and beats BJ Penn fair and square, ill respect him, until that day, he is just another french speaking cheater.
Ouch... Haha Bj Penn is legit look at his last couple of fights at LW he straight dominated. I'd like to see him go for GSP 1 more time. The first fight he was robbed and the second fight was very controversial. Not to mention his cycling of roids, haha jk hopefully.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

I just look at GSP and look at BJ Penn. The conditioning of GSP was way better compared to BJ Penn. Thats just what my eyes see. I don't know if they cheated or not, but I would put money on GSP if they went at it again.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Fighting (UFC) - Seattle