Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Ultimate Fighting (UFC) - Seattle

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this a Man Date? Are you trying to find a "guy friend" before your wedding? Can we do dinner first?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh you so funny!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 02:09 AM
Evolved Member

GSP will dominate BJP unfortunately. The definition is "man-handling" and GSP will be able to do it all 5 rounds, regardless of any "greasing" that may or may not occur. BJ is a beast in his class. He has quick hands and a killer ground game (offense or defense). However, if he spends the majority of the match fighting to pick himself off the ground then he will ultimately lose in points alone. I'm not saying BJ couldn't win - even GSP has a button, and even GSP can make a mistake.

Other man-handling examples (to name a few) - Tito vs Shamrock, Hughes vs Gracie, and most recently Evans vs Thiago Silva. Rashad couldn't do anything to Silva once getting him down but he could pick him up and drop him on his *** at will. It wasn't until Thiago started getting into his head during the 3rd that anything positive happened for him. Too little too late.

I'd rather pay money to see GSP go up to 185 and see if he can hang with some of them boys. If so, put him up against Anderson Silva! I'd love to see that match! As far as people not liking Anderson, he has a unique fighting style that will certainly be polarizing. He didn't beat Forest btw, he caught Forest dead on the fugging button while throwing a jab while backing up. Forest knew he had his *** handed to him which is why he ran out of the ring.

I don't care if Anderson and Machida are friends. Make the fight happen Dana!

Interestingly enough, most of the current champs are either polarizing or live with controversy. BJ isn't the clear definition of a chiseled fighter and his training can be questionable (he admits he hates it and has been known to slack during training). Anderson Silva is who he is, GSP may have been greased, Machida should have lost that fight, and of course there is big ol' Brock. I do hope he gets his sh*t figured out (literally, it sounds) as I'd like to see if Carwin or a stronger Mir has what it takes (Mir is starting to bulk big time, and he has a sick ground game!).

*edit - I was talking with my buddy and made the suggestion of a seniors class. With Coleman fighting Couture coming up, Lidell wanting to fight again, and various other old farts, I think it would be nice to keep them with their peers! I'm sure Shamrock would want in on that; roids and all!

Last edited by yahu; Jan 13, 2010 at 02:13 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 02:39 AM
Evolved Member

Yes "man-handling" or "take them down and lay on them for 15 or 25 minutes." Lol but hey that's what wrestlers do. And GSP will probably do the same to Hardy unless Hardy catches him. Doubtful but you never know and GSP seems as a person a really great guy so it's hard to hate him. But with Bj's last couple victories I don't really see any LW taking the title from him and he has mentioned going up in weight. With his new coaches maybe he'd be more prepared and going up in weight is no biggy for him, he did fight Machida lol.

No one will take it from BJ. The only person to take it from GSP is BJ haha. Only people that have a chance for MW is Hendo or Marquardt (what's going on with Hendo anyways? Him and Dana solve their problems yet?). Shogun should be the the light heavy and will be if he keeps it up and doesn't get injured. And Mir is going to make Brock tap .

Oh and GSP is too scared to go up in weight or I mean has said he doesn't want to or it would be a while for his body to properly gain that much...

And yes a seniors class would be awesome. What did Couture say? Geezers and Caesars or something? haha
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rreijnaert09
When gsp gets a legit corner man, and beats BJ Penn fair and square, ill respect him, until that day, he is just another french speaking cheater.

last year about this time..... BJ Penn at 170 got "Diego Sanchezed" by GSP.

for those who understand my reference....you caught the Penn/ Sanchez smash fest....

I really like BJ when he comes to fight....at 155... unbeatable....

You think Faber will ever jump to 155?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Coleman, Lidell and those glory days guys just need to ship over to TNA and join Hogan and Sting
Old Jan 13, 2010, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mike tyson was on wwf the other night.. haha
Old Jan 13, 2010, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Brett - lol @ TNA! Remember when Shamrock went there. Who says roids don't work? The guy had a couple boat anchors hanging off his shoulders!

The Penn/Diego fight was great. Diego has too much drama for his mama and came in with "angry face" but never wanted to take the center! BJ billy-whupped his ***!

As for Faber, he has fought Brown twice and lost twice. Granted, he knocked himself out pretty much when he flew into Brown's fist on the first fight, and broke both his hands during the 2nd - and then went the distance (almost had him in a submission in the 4th I think?). Good god that guy is an animal. He is actually putting on weight during his downtime.

Brown is pretty BA too, but Aldo just showed him what's what. I haven't watched the Faber fight from the 10th, so don't ruin it for me!

Last I heard Hendo doesn't have a contract still, which sucks because he shut Bisping up so outstandingly during the last fight, how could you not want that in your ranks? I hope he comes back because there really isn't that much out there in MMA that gets the attention of UFC and its subsidaries. He did well against Silva too, just got caught on a mistake.

*edit - personally I like Brock. I like Mir a lot too; the guy is a technical stud and a smart fighter. I hope Brock can come back and Mir gains enough muscle to go toe-to-toe. Brock is a collegiate wrestler so he won't do something too stupid with more experience. Of course, he will have a lot of ring-rust when he gets back. I can't believe how long some of these guys go without fights. Silva, Carwin, of course Brock with his troubles, etc. Is Quinton still trying to pursue a movie career?

Last edited by yahu; Jan 13, 2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 01:43 AM
Evolved Member

bump - didn't know UFC on VS was going to start happening, and a with such a nice kickoff event!:
UFC on VS

Shane you should be really interested in that main event, and the undercards are also looking good! It'd be great if they'd put more of the up-and-comers on VS or Spike and not make main events out of everything.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Weird, didn't know that either...

Direct TV won't play VS anymore.... Time for Comcast

Yeah, Vera vs Jones should be a great fight. Dos Santos vs Gonzaga too.

Originally Posted by yahu
bump - didn't know UFC on VS was going to start happening, and a with such a nice kickoff event!:
UFC on VS

Shane you should be really interested in that main event, and the undercards are also looking good! It'd be great if they'd put more of the up-and-comers on VS or Spike and not make main events out of everything.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BrettMR
Coleman, Lidell and those glory days guys just need to ship over to TNA and join Hogan and Sting
Eh this gave me a good laugh
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8Monster
Weird, didn't know that either...

Direct TV won't play VS anymore.... Time for Comcast

Yeah, Vera vs Jones should be a great fight. Dos Santos vs Gonzaga too.
If I remember before the fights you could come by my place. Gonzaga needs to get his stuff in order. He seems to have lost something on the way and I think I read there was something in his personal life going on.

BTW - Henderson has signed with Strikeforce, Showtime's MMA thingy. Herschel Walker will also be fighting over there, along with some black dude that was from WWE/TNA. They are starting to build a nice little stable over there.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

^^ Sucks about Henderson... I liked him. I think he had the best chance against Silva for the MW title.

Do you mean Bobby Lashley??
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/1/14/12...g-new-opponent
Old Jan 15, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

If I remember before the fights you could come by my place. Gonzaga needs to get his stuff in order. He seems to have lost something on the way and I think I read there was something in his personal life going on.

BTW - Henderson has signed with Strikeforce, Showtime's MMA thingy. Herschel Walker will also be fighting over there, along with some black dude that was from WWE/TNA. They are starting to build a nice little stable over there.
That's pure gayness about Hendo. He's one of the top middle weights and Dana dropped the ball on this one IMO.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Bobby Laschey is the former WWE now TNA guy as stated above. Hershel Walker should be interesting to watch given he uis a genetic freak and holds a high degree black belt in tae kwon do

Quick Reply: Ultimate Fighting (UFC) - Seattle