Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Pochi Early Spring Car Meet.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by autoxer_minh
soooooo, XXX --> Pochi --> GOOD Pho? Word on the street is that Jon has the low down on an undisclosed Pho location.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
Not all of the wiggas will be in on the bowl of water with 4 noodles (Pho) this time.... Sorry, it is IMHO pretty crappy food. But i'll eat somewhere nearby and bring it into the pho place to hang with you!
You must have only eaten at crappy Pho restaurants then. The Pho I have eaten is usually full of noodles. Excuse me, furr of noodres.

Hows about dim sum if some aren't interested in Pho? I know a great place, but I've never been there on a Saturday evening-ish. Also, it is closer to XXX (factoria) so going up North to Pochi then back Souf to factoria would pretty much suck.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 07:09 AM

Is there anything else we want to try that is close to Lynnwood? I was starting to think XXX -> Pochi -> Red Mill, but that goes south again. We can always go crash rice fest at walmart Saturday night too, hahahaha.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by yahu
You must have only eaten at crappy Pho restaurants then. The Pho I have eaten is usually full of noodles. Excuse me, furr of noodres.

Hows about dim sum if some aren't interested in Pho? I know a great place, but I've never been there on a Saturday evening-ish. Also, it is closer to XXX (factoria) so going up North to Pochi then back Souf to factoria would pretty much suck.
dim sum sounds good, there is a place in milcreek.

http://www.zengardenmillcreek.com/

Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Looks like that place only does dim sum from 10-3. That's the time I'm used to hitting up dim sum anyways. I don't think late dim sum is wrong, it just isn't right. We should do a dim sum meet sometime. Has anyone ever tried that place or know of a particularly good one?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

I thought I heard that dim sum traditionally is like a midnight session. I don't know if that was accurate though.

Thanks for the post, outlaw! I'm always down for new dim sum places! I've been to East Ocean off 148th in Redmond which I think is now called Jeem (or maybe something else). Their quality isn't all that, and I think their prices went up. Noble Court off 140th in Bel-Red is pretty good but their prices can skyrocket depending on what you get. There is a place in Seattle I went to once that was also good but can't remember how the pricing was.

My current favorite is a place in Factoria called Top Gun, which other than the name, is really good and priced well (you'll get out of there fully stuffed at $15 a person or less). I don't know when their times are, but I usually go just before, or just after noon.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 03:03 PM

Just my .02, but that dimsum place in mill creek is no good for me at least (I'm chinese), so far my favorite place for dimsum is either Noble Court in Bellevue or Top Gun in Factoria.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=STi-JDM;7962453]Just my .02, but that dimsum place in mill creek is no good for me at least (I'm chinese)QUOTE]

We wont hold it against you.....

They even allow (gasp) white people at their Pho water-noodle meets!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

i agree yahu top gun is the shieeeeet
Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Dim Sum = Asian Breakfast
Old Feb 6, 2010, 03:07 AM
Evolved Member

depends on the asian.

Flip breakfast (no thanks!):

Thai breakfast (those bastards!):

Last edited by yahu; Feb 6, 2010 at 03:12 AM.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 04:56 AM

pochi car meet monthly?

is this going to be almost a monthly thing? props to the photographer.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:33 AM

top gun is good... but the other place is closer unless we go to top gun first then XXX!!!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Not only is Top Gun good but I like getting out of there paying an average of $5 less per person than Noble Court. There are a couple items that NC does a bit better IMO, but TG has their specialties too.

Oh yeah, TG's parking lot can also suck! If people want to hit TG before XXX I'd be down. The only problem is that TG really seems to get cranking at 11 or 1130 I think, and the XXX lot will start filling up before noon.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by yahu
Not only is Top Gun good but I like getting out of there paying an average of $5 less per person than Noble Court. There are a couple items that NC does a bit better IMO, but TG has their specialties too.

Oh yeah, TG's parking lot can also suck! If people want to hit TG before XXX I'd be down. The only problem is that TG really seems to get cranking at 11 or 1130 I think, and the XXX lot will start filling up before noon.

If you want to go before hand, you can always try O'Asian, which is owned and operated by the same owner as Top Gun! it is located in Seattle and it opens at 10am on the weekends... their food is the same level as Top Gun if not better IMO.

http://oasiankitchen.com/

Quick Reply: Pochi Early Spring Car Meet.