Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Got the Thumbs down from a WRX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JDZNate
Posted this yesterday on the EvoX forums but thought I would share.

The other day I stopped by the carwash on the way to work to vacuum out the X. As I was hanging up the vacuum hose a group a civics rolled up all riced out. This fat kid with his hat on backwords walked up to me and asked if I wanted to race. I said, "No I don't want to get in trouble." He said, "I don't see any cops around." So I pulled out my badge and said well I'll be on duty in an hour, I'll keep an eye out for you. He humbley walked back to his car and they drove off.
Ahahahahha that's priceless!
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JDZNate
Posted this yesterday on the EvoX forums but thought I would share.

The other day I stopped by the carwash on the way to work to vacuum out the X. As I was hanging up the vacuum hose a group a civics rolled up all riced out. This fat kid with his hat on backwords walked up to me and asked if I wanted to race. I said, "No I don't want to get in trouble." He said, "I don't see any cops around." So I pulled out my badge and said well I'll be on duty in an hour, I'll keep an eye out for you. He humbley walked back to his car and they drove off.
hahaha- thats a good one!
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I work for a deciently sized company (about 800 or so office workers) with walks of all lives when it comes to cars. There's a pretty small Azn community working here that all know me and my car. Of course there's the friendly office smack talk, but I always sum it up the same way...

"There's a track day on XX-XX, if you're car's faster, be there and prove it."

Then the list of excuses start about how they don't have R compound tires, fully adjustable suspension, etc etc etc etc.... But it tapers off into silence every time lol
Old Feb 11, 2010, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by x569
This was a few weeks ago and it was quite silly I thought.
Location: Kirkland going North on I-405 just passing the NE116th st exit.
I was cruising 60Mph in the center lane, minding my own business, when out of nowhere I see a black WRX barreling down on me fast. He was swerving back and forth cutting everyone off just so he could get up along side of me. When he reached my right door he "hit the BOV" and I heard the basic, boring "Pssshhhh!" sound. I initially looked over, mostly to make sure he would not ram into me, but I focused on the road and my driving. He sped up slightly so he was in the right lane still, just 10 feet in front of me. Then he decided he really wanted to prove himself to me. So he stuck his arm out of the window and displayed the standard "thumbs down" gesture. All the while his friends were looking out the back window to see my reaction. Initially I was getting excited and was locking and loading my "double bird", but I decided to play it cool and pretended I did not see him, even though he was only 10 feet away.
Soon after that, he slammed on his brakes, cut every car off in the vicinity and swerved over to the NE124th st exit to the right. As he was driving down the off ramp, he stuck his arm out the window and initiated the "thumbs down" attack again. This time his entire upper body was hanging out of the car and he was looking really pissed off at me, desperately trying to get my attention, but I once again ignored him. Keep in mind, he was on the off-ramp over 100 feet away and I was still on the freeway! I felt like taking the next exit and finding him and acting really friendly and say "hey whats up dude?" and let him scream and yell...But I continued home.

True story.
had this same thing happen to me about a week ago same location in kirkland on 405 by the 124th st exit only it was an idiot in a G35 and thought he was hot sh*t...he flys by me and about a mile an a half later hes getting the blue light special on the shoulder HAHAHHAHAHA it made my day! sounds like jealous people to me...the're always the ones who feel they have to prove themselves on the street but are to chicken sh*t to take it to the track
Old Feb 11, 2010, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I constantly get yelled at, honked at, gestured at, and "hazard-light-ed." I'm 19 and I drive an Evo. It's pretty much stock but everyone from young kids, older kids, older people (35+) try to race me. And 65% are people in pick-ups...I live in the South.

I get it bad. And I haven't instigated anything either! What am I doing wrong? Looking like a jackass 19 year old driving a quick car?
Old Feb 11, 2010, 08:37 PM
Account Disabled

The Island scoobies are pretty cool, I meet up with them during the week for some BBQ at "The BBQ Joint" in town and watch the honduh tekkin homos cruise around in a circle for 2hrs or speed by and get pulled over.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 01:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rayman0690
I constantly get yelled at, honked at, gestured at, and "hazard-light-ed." I'm 19 and I drive an Evo. It's pretty much stock but everyone from young kids, older kids, older people (35+) try to race me. And 65% are people in pick-ups...I live in the South.

I get it bad. And I haven't instigated anything either! What am I doing wrong? Looking like a jackass 19 year old driving a quick car?
remove the wing?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 01:45 AM
Evolving Member

And this is the reason why WRX have higher insurance rate than Evo's.. Keep it cool guys..
Old Feb 12, 2010, 02:07 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm sure this happens to all EVO owners now and then. This is one of the reasons I never ever leave my EVO alone by herself in a parking lot, so many haters around.

They all probably just came back from watching fast & furious and was all pumped up. LOL

Good job ignoring dumb *** kids

Last edited by MR. EVO MR; Feb 12, 2010 at 02:10 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR
I'm sure this happens to all EVO owners now and then. This is one of the reasons I never ever leave my EVO alone by herself in a parking lot, so many haters around.

They all probably just came back from watching fast & furious and was all pumped up. LOL

Good job ignoring dumb *** kids
I removed the tail (This was after the WRX incident) and don't get bothered much now. Actually a couple of days ago there was what I thought was bird pooh on the right rear window. While removing it, it looked more like chew spit. F#ckers...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 07:37 AM

Man u guys have some serious patience. I on the other hand have a bad temper i would have followed them got out and fought everyone in the car lol.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Was cruising down a major street headed home from Portland just the other day. I got a nice middle finger from some kid in a blue WRX coming up the opposite side of the street. I didn't even realize what had just happened. No clue what was up his ***, must have been jealous or something =P
Old Feb 13, 2010, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got it from a stock is300 awhile ago after he flew by me blowing white smoke...
i just laughed what a tool
Old Feb 13, 2010, 03:27 PM

jealous
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:15 PM
Account Disabled

I had 3 different people (one 240, one mustang, and one old land rover owner) ask me at the base hobby shop this weekend ask me if it was a real VR4, so yeah thumbs down don't exist for me. .

Maybe you guys just need to get a Evo 0.

Quick Reply: Got the Thumbs down from a WRX